Honda City VMT iDTEC (2014) Ownership Review: Brown Phantom

Thread Starter #16
Odo reading-38000 Kms.Did 2500 Kms since we bought her and getting around 15-17 Kmpl in City traffic(MID readings).

Two incidents happened this week.A bus driver had hit the driver side ORVM of brown phantom and to get new one,it costs me ₹6k and it was complete fault of bus driver.Luckily nothing happened to door and fender but lost the ORVM cover.

One more is when my mom was waiting in the traffic,a lady in the Polo had hit the Phantom from backside and luckily nothing happened to tail light and bumper came out a bit without any dents and after one hour,we had pushed the inside with the help of my driver.Except light scratches and slight paint chipping on bottom of rear bumper light,nothing happened to the bumper.

Thread Starter #17
Did some 145 Kms of running today within city limits including drive on ORR.The person behind the wheel was my mom.She couldn't control herself driving the car,which I hate it to the core and I always hate her driving.

Odo reading as of today is-38111 Kms.

And,I'm thinking to get rogerabs coils installed in my Honda City along with tyre upsize to 195/60R15.How it will be?Shall I get only tyres upsized or get the rogerabs along with 195/60's as I need some extra ground clearance for Honda city as we always travel on bad roads most of the time.

And,need to give her for 40K Kms service by this month end.What should I get it done during 40K Kms service and wanna have some increase in FE in city traffic as I'm getting 15-16 Kmpl in city,which is decent according to us,but want more FE in city traffic.

Tomorrow,she would be going to hometown for the first time as we have some work there.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Did some 145 Kms of running today within city limits including drive on ORR.The person behind the wheel was my mom.She couldn't control herself driving the car,which I hate it to the core and I always hate her driving.
Instead of saying this, share with her your feedback and suggest her the better ways of driving this car. One drives any car due to either of the 2 reasons i.e Enjoyment or Necessity.

And,I'm thinking to get rogerabs coils installed in my Honda City along with tyre upsize to 195/60R15.How it will be?Shall I get only tyres upsized or get the rogerabs along with 195/60's as I need some extra ground clearance for Honda city as we always travel on bad roads most of the time.
Your 2014 model has better GC than my 2011 model. The 2014 model has 165mm of GC. Just go with the Tyre Upsize and nothing else.

And,need to give her for 40K Kms service by this month end.What should I get it done during 40K Kms service and wanna have some increase in FE in city traffic as I'm getting 15-16 Kmpl in city,which is decent according to us,but want more FE in city traffic.
Simply follow the service schedule as per the manual. As for the FE, I would say, 15-16 is good enough and no need to be overambitious in this regards dear.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #19
Instead of saying this, share with her your feedback and suggest her the better ways of driving this car. One drives any car due to either of the 2 reasons i.e Enjoyment or Necessity.

Your 2014 model has better GC than my 2011 model. The 2014 model has 165mm of GC. Just go with the Tyre Upsize and nothing else.

Simply follow the service schedule as per the manual. As for the FE, I would say, 15-16 is good enough and no need to be overambitious in this regards dear.

Regards

Akash
Thanks for the inputs Akash Bhai.

Anyways,Iam reporting from Delhi right now.Brown Phantom is seeing a lot of running when we are not there in Hyderabad as this car is used by my aunt as my cousin's marriage is on 5th Oct so they have to distribute wedding cards here and there.And,bride's and bridegroom's car for the marrige is going to be our Brown Phantom.

Will be back to Hyderabad on Tuesday and will be updating regular on brown Phantom and gonna give her for 40K KMS service and get new driver side ORVM.

She will be seeing lots of running till Oct 5th or 8th.

Thread Starter #20
39000 Kms done and another accident!

Completed 39000 Kms yesterday.Did lot of running last week due to upcoming marriage in our family.

BTW,another shunt happened yesterday.When my mom was driving the car,an auto trolley came and hit the front bumper of Phantom and bumper got broken a bit.I don't know why the accidents are happening since past 20 days.This is the 3rd time happened in almost 2 months of ownership.I think I should get Ganesha stuck into the car so that these accidents will never happen in the future.Whenever my mom drives this,she always come home with a minor accident.

Now,need to give her for 40K Kms service and get her new front bumper and new driver ORVM along with servicing as my cousin's marriage is nearing and she will be serving as bride's car.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: 39000 Kms done and another accident!

BTW,another shunt happened yesterday.When my mom was driving the car,an auto trolley came and hit the front bumper of Phantom and bumper got broken a bit.I don't know why the accidents are happening since past 20 days.This is the 3rd time happened in almost 2 months of ownership.I think I should get Ganesha stuck into the car so that these accidents will never happen in the future.Whenever my mom drives this,she always come home with a minor accident.
When on roads expect the unexpected that's what my dad says. It is all in your mind that doing puja or something shall prevent the hits in future. Also, I think you are way too critical about your mom's driving. No one damages own car intentionally.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #22
40K Kms done and 2 months completed with her

Completed 40K Kms on the odo today and completed 2 months with her too.We have run nearly 5K Kms in 2 months(4700-4800 Kms as of now).Now,need to give her for service and what should I get it done at 40,000 Kms service?

Thread Starter #23
Re: 40K Kms done and 2 months completed with her

Completed 40K Kms on the odo today and completed 2 months with her too.We have run nearly 5K Kms in 2 months(4700-4800 Kms as of now).Now,need to give her for service and what should I get it done at 40,000 Kms service?
Odo after 400 Kms trip done by dad-40,160 Kms as of today.

And,dad had filled full tank in the City for the first time and DTE showed the range of 608 Kms.

Thread Starter #24
Bumper and ORVM replacement!

Gave my phantom for bumper replacement and driver side ORVM replacement yesterday at Green Honda(authorised Honda dealer).Claimed the insurance but the surveyor has approved only bumper and luckily I have 0 dep insurance on it but I had to pay for driver side ORVM,which costs ₹6.5k.Expected to arrive by tomorrow evening and getting polish from dealer too.

And,getting number plates changed from HSRP to styled ones tomorrow along with front grille wrap to Matte black or gloss black from that number plate guy.

Odo reading during this repair was 40226 Kms.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Bumper and ORVM replacement!

I had to pay for driver side ORVM,which costs ₹6.5k.Expected to arrive by tomorrow evening and getting polish from dealer too.
That's expensive. Try some good after market options too. You may get the ORVM painted at FNG too.

And,getting number plates changed from HSRP to styled ones tomorrow along with front grille wrap to Matte black or gloss black from that number plate guy.
Changing of number plates is an absolute waste and styled one is against the law too. Grill wrap is fine though with a gloss Black one.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #26
Done

Got the car back after bumper and orvm replacement an hour ago and got polish done from workshop too.They did good job and they offered me a token whenever I want to get polish done and they will do it for free whenever I gave her for servicing.

And,got the Pooja done for Dussehra as soon as I got the car from A.S.S.Total bill was about ₹19K but after claim,I had to pay just ₹12,339 for orvm and exterior beautification.

Will be getting new number plates on Monday as the no plate guy is on leave and she is ready to serve as bride’s car next Thursday.

I’ll update again when she goes for 40K Kms service next week after marriage.

Here are few pics of my baby:

Attachments

Thread Starter #27
41000 Kms done!

She has completed 41000 Kms yesterday and yet to give her for service but thanks to our busy schedule,we couldn’t give the car for service yet.Hence,planning to give her for servicing tomorrow.

Another one:

10 days ago,when it was raining,my cousin had parked his i10 into our parking lot,he suddenly hit the front bumper of our City but luckily no scratches around the bumper but bumper had shown it’s gaps.Will get the gap fixed when she goes for servicing tomorrow.

And,changed the number plates from HSRP to DC styled ones.

She did 160 Kms on ORR on my cousin’s marriage to bring the groom to the marriage hall.Got a FE of around 16 Kmpl of FE after doing around 390-400 Kms that includes 90% of City driving and 10% of driving in ORR.

Attachments

Thread Starter #29
40,000 Kms service

Gave my Phantom for her 40K Kms service.The estimation I got is ₹9.5k which includes engine oil change,new filters like oil filter,air filter,AC filter,fuel filter and others like battery testing,which costs ₹50,Engine software check,which costs ₹750 and clip for bonnet rod.

And,labor costs is ₹2.6k+18% GST which is ₹468 which is ₹3,068,which is way expensive.

Odo before giving her for service was 41,324 Kms.Will get my car back in the evening.

Thread Starter #30
Re: 40,000 Kms service

Gave my Phantom for her 40K Kms service.The estimation I got is ₹9.5k which includes engine oil change,new filters like oil filter,air filter,AC filter,fuel filter and others like battery testing,which costs ₹50,Engine software check,which costs ₹750 and clip for bonnet rod.

And,labor costs is ₹2.6k+18% GST which is ₹468 which is ₹3,068,which is way expensive.

Odo before giving her for service was 41,324 Kms.Will get my car back in the evening.
Got my car back 3 hours ago.The total bill I got is ₹11.8k(changed brake pads too as my SA has warned me that brake pads have less life of around 1000 Kms hence changed it right away).Now,She is gearing up for an highway trip soon.

Now,need to get her wheel alignment and balancing outside and new horns as I feel the old one is sounding meek and gonna change her tyres to 195/60R15 soon.But not decided which one I should go for.Im thinking to go for Yokohama Earth 1,S-Drives or Continental MC5.First two costs ₹5k and ₹5.2k whereas latter costs ₹5.4k and dad has given approval for changing the tyres.

Top Bottom