Honda City VMT iDTEC (2014) Ownership Review: Brown Phantom

I have Earth 1 on my i10 and i could say that you could hear noises on unbalanced roads and also on concrete roads. These lasts long is what i feel as i have covered around 20K kms since last two years and they have lot of thread left.

Thread Starter #33
An auto driver had hit the car when the car was on stationery and this happened:

I think it’s easier to remove the bumper dent by pouring hot water on it and push it from inside.

And how to fix underside one?

Attachments

An auto driver had hit the car when the car was on stationery and this happened:

I think it’s easier to remove the bumper dent by pouring hot water on it and push it from inside.

And how to fix underside one?
Bro That's unfortunate, Yeah i think the clip that holds the bumper in place is broken, I don't think that the hot water method would work in this case, I think the bumper needs to be replaced or you could put a screw in that broken clip place and just remove the dent and repaint the bumper, Cause that's what i did for my fiesta, Cause my fiesta's RHS Front Bumper clip got broken and the Service center people suggested me either to get the entire bumper replaced or use a screw in the place where the clip is broken and put the bumper back in place, obviously i opted for the screw method and it worked just right. So i think those two would be the only Solutions IMO.

But these Auto Drivers and Bikers are the only danger for car's, I don't know what honestly goes on their mind while driving, Crazy.

I would suggest you against drilling any holes for screws to fix the bumper rather than this you should inspect it your self by opening and if it gets solved it would save you some bucks but if not, go to a bumper repairer they have a machine which glues up the broken part I don't know what type of tube they use I guess silicone or something like that and he would also remove the dents if you don't intend to do it yourself will cost you couple of hundred in Delhi I got the bumper fixed for around Rs 200 but he used some screws too as the bumper was at the end of it's life thanks to e rickshaw and Auto driver and what not.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
42000 Kms done and 100 days relationship with her

Gave my Phantom for denting at Honda ASC yesterday.The quote I got was Rs.3000,which is okay as I'm getting the half bumper paint done.Expected to get her by evening and will be getting her new horns(Skoda type ones),Ganesha idol by today or by this weekend.

Now,the odo reading is more than 42500 Kms and we did 7000 Kms in more than 100 days.

Thread Starter #38
Poor pickup and engine sound coming into the cabin

Today,when we are having casual talk,my mom complained my dad that the car is giving poor pickup and she felt like pressing the accelerator like gas.What could be the issue?She felt the same with our previous Vento in last days of ownership and I felt that the engine noise is entering into the cabin since the bumper incident.What could be the issue for this?

Now,she has run close to 43000 Kms.I feel Honda's quality had come down than previous gen versions.

Grooves are good. Inspect the sidewalls to see if everything is good. If so, your tyres can be used longer. My (unknown) Kumho tyres lasted for 50,000 plus km. Check with the nearby roadside tyre repair guy. Reduce 3,000 to 4,000 km from his recommendation [;)] This method worked fine for me.

Thread Starter #41
5 months and 11000 Kms!

Updating this thread after a month and a half.Thanks to my semester exams,I couldn't update this thread at all.First of all,she has crossed 46000 Kms today after an highway trip and the odo reading is 46194 Kms as of today night.However,there is nothing new to update about it as she is driven by mom whenever she has meetings or else,she will go together with dad along with driver.No dings and dangs happened to her till now.But,engine refinement has been increased and getting some vibration from engine,thanks to winter season.Will upload a video of it soon.

And,completed 5 months with her on 25th and did close to 11000 Kms in 5 months.For me,completing 5 months with her is like completing 5 years with her:biggrin:

And,finally getting new horns installed tomorrow to Bosch Symphony Horns(Skoda type ones)for Rs.850.

Thread Starter #42
Horns changed!

Got the horns changed to Bosch Symphony today.First impressions was ok to good.After installing the horn,the horn was sounding like VW like poop poop but after Kms,now I’m getting paamp paamp sound.

Thread Starter #43
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #44
6 months and 12000 Kms!

So,we have completed 6 months of relationship with her now.And,realized that I didn't update this thread.

Now,she has run 47800+ Kms as of today and usage is within city traffic as of now while our another ride,Innova is taking care of highway runs.Recently,my mom had found that AC was not cooling properly.Hence,we had sent it to Honda A.S.S(Green Honda)on Jan 11th and she came back on Jan 19th(thanks to festival holidays).The problem was when we gave our City to another driver(not our regular driver),he had scraped it to the speedbreaker and AC gas had been leaking.I felt that AC compressor had gone kaput,but thankfully,it didn't happen and saved Rs.20k on this.Instead,got the AC gas refilled and got the bulk head repaired,which had bent and due to this,AC was not cooling.Now,after 2 weeks of repair,she is running perfectly.

In 6 months,we did 12300 Kms and let me tell you the +ves and -ves of the car!

+ves:
1.Its a Honda
2.Rear seat space
3.Frugal Diesel engine and great FE
4.Reliabilty
5.Low maintenance-Got only Rs.8k at 40k Kms service without addition of new brake pads,which costed me Rs.3k

-ves:
1.Skinny tyres-The tyres are nearing to end of its life and changing these to 195/60R15 in few days
2.Low GC
3.Honda's build quality compared to previous gen

Now,thinking to get her sunfilm installed and alloy wheels painted by this weekend or next week.Planning to keep her atleast for 3-4 years as she is serving as mom's ride now and she is driving it almost every day.Now,she is nearing to 50k Kms service in few days.

Thread Starter #45
48000 Kms done and a highway trip

Update after 2 weeks!

Car has crossed 48000 Kms and the odo reading is 48714 Kms as of today.We did 580 Kms this week to Warangal with mom,my uncle,my grandfather and uncle's 4 year old kid and boot was filled with luggages.The FE we got after second leg of trip(did 364 Kms from Warangal to Hyderabad by filling Rs.1000 of fuel in it at Warangal itself at Rs.69.06 per litre and did around 340 Kms on that fuel as we filled Diesel after reaching Hyderabad)was around 23.5 Kmpl(tankful to tankful method),which is the best FE I got till now on a Honda car.

Speed we did was around 80-100 Kmph only without using cruise control and 120 Kmph once.That too did on stock tyres,which are nearing to end of its life and need to change it soon but lack of vitamin-m is worrying me and my dad so much.Now,need to get her serviced at 50K Kms,new tyres(considering Yokohama Earth-1 195/60R15 as its worth at Rs.20K),sunfilm(as summer got started),alloy wheels painted and others.

Last edited:

Top Bottom