Honda City Type-2 & Type-3 Difference?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Honda City, Exi 2005 model. Is it type 2 or type 3? How does one know that? Thanks in advance for your replies.

B

Hi all,

I have a Honda City, Exi 2005 model. Is it type 2 or type 3? How does one know that? Thanks in advance for your replies.

B
It is type II Honda City. BTW how about posting some pics of your ride with a short ownership experience.

Thread Starter #5
I shall post the pics after I return to Mumbai.

AS for the ownership part , I am quite satisfied with the car, the fuel consumption is about 16-17 kmpl on the highway and about 9-10 kmpl in the city. However I can foresee some jobs which need to be done on the vehicle in the near future. These include renewal of front suspension, control lower arm. The windshield wash tank has started leaking and need to fix that with Araldite. (I intend to do all on my own when I get back in town).

I am also having a squeaking clutch pedal, I suspect it may be due to some dirt/rust on the hyd cylinder rod which needs to be removed.

Overall a pleasant experience till date apart from the time when something needs fixing, it costs a bomb. According to my Service chap" Saab itni mehengi car chalate hai to spares ka keemat bhi to jyaada hoga na?" [:)]

EXi 2005 = Type 2. Assuming you mean the second generation Honda City (Dolphin shape) when you say Type 2. The present Honda City being sold in India is the Type 3 by the same logic.

350Z

Core Team
Yours has to be the Type-II. Going with the trend, Honda usually offers facelifts at least a couple of times to each generation model. Here are the images of all those models which were available in India, for future references:

Old Honda City (OHC) Type-I
Honda City Type-1 Facelift.jpg

Old Honda City Facelift Type-I
Honda City Type-1.jpg

New Honda City (NHC) Type-II
Honda City Type 2.jpg

New Honda City Facelift Type-II
Honda City Type-2 Facelift.jpg

All New Honda City (ANHC) Type-III
Honda City Type-3.jpg

All New Honda City Facelift Type-III
Honda City Type-3 Facelift.jpg