"Honda City" S-MT - First Sedan in Family

Thread Starter #16
Your White City looks simply superb..

Post some Interiors pics too..
Thanks Buddy

I did not put any interior pictures because nothing changed after all. It remains the same.

I'll Put interior pictures after taking few snaps.

Thread Starter #19
I am planning to put sun film for my Tafeta white City. During day time its very difficult to withstand heat since the a/c is failing to show good results because the windows are transparent.

Can somebody help me to select from the following.
I have decided to go with 3M sun films.

One guy from Cochin quoted like this

ST series (Standard)-- Rs. 2,600/-
RE series-- Rs. 4900/- (same price for RE 50,RE 70)
CS series-- Rs. 5,800/- " " "

He also told he will come home and fix it.

I personally wanted to go with RE-50 on side windshield and RE-70 on the rear wind shield

But my father wanted it in black. He is pointing that reflective films can attract Police and it may give a odd look.
Is it see through? Or is it like a mirror?
Purpose is to prevent heat transfer through wind shields.
I am not planning to put one for the front glasses.

Can somebody post some pictures if they have already tried 3M Sun films for their rides?

I have RE series in my TATA Aria and i haven't attracted cops in Chennai till now. Pretty satisfied with them for a year now , difference was clearly felt in AC cooling. It looks like a mirror finish from distance but the person sitting inside can be seen clearly when somebody comes close to the car.

Here is the link for your reference:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ia-pride-ownership-review-tai-s-first-19.html

Thread Starter #21
I have RE series in my TATA Aria and i haven't attracted cops in Chennai till now. Pretty satisfied with them for a year now , difference was clearly felt in AC cooling. It looks like a mirror finish from distance but the person sitting inside can be seen clearly when somebody comes close to the car.

Here is the link for your reference:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ia-pride-ownership-review-tai-s-first-19.html
Your Aria Simply rocks. I love it. Its neat on those sun films.
Can you tell me which type? I mean RE35/RE50/RE70 you have on your Aria.

Thread Starter #22
Today I had a small trip to Cochin for a marriage function.
I felt I got a pretty mileage during the trip.
Initially it climbed to the peak 21.5Kmpl and it started to come down when I reached "Vittila" (you know city traffic)

Finally when I reached back home, the car clocked 150 km, MID showed 17.5 kmpl.

Attachments

Hi Gdave - Firstly Congrats for the City, very good choice made. Hope you enjoying your ride. My ride is as well a City (2002-Dec old City). Nice pics white looks really good.

Congrats on your buy gdave. The City is a nice car that will give you years of trouble free service. Awaiting updates on accessorizing your car. The Tafeta White looks super cool with darker tints -a gangster car in white [glasses] !

Thread Starter #30
Excellent pictures buddy!

Any observations about the car during the long trip?
Thank you mate,

It was a very nice trip with my family. (First trip with the new car)

I made that trip only for a long drive to get a satisfactory feeling in driving our first sedan. (though I had visited Kodaikanal many times and its not that far, only 250 kms one side. Besides my Mom will not allow for continuous drives(above 300 kms in one stretch) and she is against night drive)

We started in the morning 7.00 AM and reached there around 1.00 PM.
We stayed there on night and next day noon we returned.

Compared to M 800, its very comfortable after 6 hrs drive to reach our destination. (We had stops in between)

I drove very carefully with out giving much load for a new car. I never passed 80 kmph limit during the journey. (I did not complete the 2nd service at that time. For Honda the oil change will be only in the 2nd service)

During our trip it was a coincidence to get a chance to test the ABS. I was at a speed of 40-50 kmph I think. One dog jumped across and I was forced to apply full break. And when it started skidding I felt a" pid pid pid' feeling to the break pedals and I could turn the vehicle at any time. Then I realized that "Oh its the ABS".

When we reached "Pollachi", and the windows were opened, we felt a huge noise from back tires. We thought we had Tyre puncture. But when we checked, all were seem to be OK. We continued our journey.
Our S-MT was packed with "Good Year" tires. Thanks for good year for the noise. (Tyre pressure was OK when checked)

Got pretty good mileage around 15kmpl once we reached hill top.

A/C worked very well during the journey. I never put the knob to 3rd possition during the entire trip. (Our car had no sun film at that time)

During the return I felt little tired and my thigh muscles started to give little discomfort. I don't know is it because of the long drive or because of the seating position.

Top Bottom