Honda City Now Available in CNG (Priced at Rs.9.03 Lakh)

Thread Starter #16
Re: Honda Likely To Launch City CNG in October

cng at the back of any car makes car heavy first thing
it feels like a heavy guy is always sitting in your car even when parked
this brings more weight on tyres , shockers and all things combined
also on speed breakers you need to be extra slow because of CNG kit
I don't fancy the idea of CNG kit for a Honda since it eats up valuable boot space as per visran and vaibhav

also driving pleasure is reduced because of the CNG
CNG is a break fix for users who are running daily and petrol is a luxury for them now like me
it's not a permanent solution
Honda will be working with the suspensions and they might be re- tunning the engine too even maruti and chevy did that for aveo and sx4 .chexk this .

NEW DELHI: Honda is all set to roll out a CNG variant of its City sedan in the festival season to take on rivals, who have marched ahead due to the presence of a diesel model. After a setback due to rapid dieselisation of car market, Honda feels that a CNG variant will give it a competitive product to take on diesel rivals like Hyundai Verna and Volkswagen Vento.

A source said Honda had been working on the CNG variant for some time and will make a few changes against a conventional petrol-only variant. "The suspension of the car has been strengthened as the CNG tank will be housed in the boot of the car. Also, a few changes have been made to the engine of the car in line with the requirements of a CNG car," the sources said. The instrument cluster on the City could also see some changes to reflect CNG requirements. The car is expected to be out by October.

Source-http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Honda-to-drive-in-CNG-variant-of-City/articleshow/15625853.cms

hey Raja,
That itself sounds encounraging.
my senior engineer had honda city with a fitted CNG and he said performance was no good

if this comes with company fitted option like wagon r then it's the best choice.
honestly i don't like that big white cylinder fittement at the back of my car
it should be sleek and adjustable
if this is out by October and with above said changes
then I might drop dzire hype and go with City CNG

Thread Starter #18

hey Raja,
That itself sounds encounraging.
my senior engineer had honda city with a fitted CNG and he said performance was no good

if this comes with company fitted option like wagon r then it's the best choice.
honestly i don't like that big white cylinder fittement at the back of my car
it should be sleek and adjustable
if this is out by October and with above said changes
then I might drop dzire hype and go with City CNG
But I would suggest you to wait and see some initial ownership reports and if all sounds and looks ok then only plan to buy it . And if you do lot of inter- state traveling then cng is not a good option because of its limited availability . But if your traveling is just limited in city check the sx4 cng we have ownership report here from a member name Ganfun he is extremely happy with his car .Here is his report http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-review-sx4-green-vxi-cng-company-fitted.html

Re: 2012 HONDA CITY CNG SEDAN LAUNCHED IN THAILAND, Will FOLLOW INDIA..

It's a good move Honda should bring this CNG option at the earliest,its not going to make a major impact as CNG is still not available across the country but at the least it will help Honda to bring in some much needed sales number.

Thread Starter #21

Knowing Honda iam sure they will do right stuff . Again the inlet will be the same like petrol inlet [clap]
Now one more option in my buying list [:)]

Visran

Thanks for the info. Some how I am not convinced or digesting this news of CNG City[cry]

See that pic of the boot, there is no space left for anything and it looks odd to me. [frustration]

It was a bad idea to have a car like City with CNG instead they would put all their efforts to bring out a diesel one.

Raja

At-least for my sake take this out from your buying list please

Thread Starter #23

Why ? It might sound chindigiri boss but cng is just 33 rs in Mumbai ( money saved is money earned right ? )
I just need boot space only when I go to airport , that too its not so imp in my small little hatchback I have used my boot space only when we go to food shopping .
Secondly this cng city is just a stop gap solution they will surely bring diesel car in India hopefully by next year .
so buying list is as follows - ecosport - strome - xuv - Honda city ( cng ) - Scorpio -sx4 ( again cng )the list sounds strange right ? But it is that way as of now [evil]

Agree with you Raja !! but opinions vary[:)], I have just expressed my feeling about Honda City with CNG[cry].

More likely I feel you will buy Ecosport[clap] or a Storm

Saw the advertisement in the newspaper today and it makes me wonder whether I should go the CNG way in my '09 City or not. I heard that the CNG kit can be installed by the dealer and the kit comes with a warranty of some 40k Kms. but I suspect that the job won't be as good as the one that comes from the manufacturer.
Also, as Honda cars are known to have a punny GC what effect will this additional CNG kit will make on the GC (even after suspension overhaul) is an unknown entity.

Hello friend,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Saw the advertisement in the newspaper today and it makes me wonder whether I should go the CNG way in my '09 City or not. I heard that the CNG kit can be installed by the dealer and the kit comes with a warranty of some 40k Kms. but I suspect that the job won't be as good as the one that comes from the manufacturer.
Also, as Honda cars are known to have a punny GC what effect will this additional CNG kit will make on the GC (even after suspension overhaul) is an unknown entity.
Honda City 2012 model already went under the knives early this for a facelift and came out with not only a facelift but also with a slight increase in the GC which was earlier a big headache for owners. Also in this new CNG variant, Honda India has worked on the suspension so as balance the extra weight which has been added.

welcome to TAI :)

yes, the kit will be installed by the dealer. As a matter of fact, all kits will be installed only by the dealer. It wont be an OEM from their factory. But yes weight and GC will be an issue on the previous city's.

read the terms and conditions for more clarity.

Attachments

Top Bottom