Honda City i-VTEC: Technical Issues & Solutions

Hello Friends,

Yesterday when I was inspecting suspension parts of my car, I found that boot of one tie rod end has torn badly and its grease has leaked. The other tie rod end boot has also torn slightly but not leaking yet. To check if the tie rod end is bad, I have jacked up the car and tried to shake the wheel but its rock solid. Doesn't seem loose nor makes noise, even tried to shake the tie rod with hand and pry with long rod.

On the other hand, my car makes clunking slight noise (since 2-3 years) when going on rough roads or potholes. I couldn't find which is causing it and service center told that the suspensions could be bad (Just because my car is 9 years old) but they haven't checked the issue thoroughly. There are plenty of parts and anything could be making noise. Service centers won't take noise issues seriously and they aren't sure when replacing parts, they just start with expensive parts and keep on replacing till the problem solves or owner ignores.

Anyway, do you think worn tie rod end is causing the noise? Is there any other way to diagnose? The noise comes randomly and I'm unable to figure out where its coming from (Left, right, front or back).

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello All,

I am new member here, i am Bala from chennai and this is my first post. I own a 2013 honda city cvt. Recently my orvm turn indicator external light is broken, not the main light is broken its the strip that cover the indictor light is broken. Is it possible to get this strip separately here in chennai? Kindly provide me some details on this.

Hello All,

Recently my orvm turn indicator external light is broken, not the main light is broken its the strip that cover the indictor light is broken. Is it possible to get this strip separately here in chennai? Kindly provide me some details on this.
I think, that glass piece alone is not available separately for purchase. A better idea would be to look for this particular piece from scrap cars.
good luck

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hello All,

I am new member here, i am Bala from chennai and this is my first post. I own a 2013 honda city cvt. Recently my orvm turn indicator external light is broken, not the main light is broken its the strip that cover the indictor light is broken. Is it possible to get this strip separately here in chennai? Kindly provide me some details on this.
Indicator is available as separate part at around 4k with Honda dealer.

Hello All,

You can check out in Pudupet, Chennai. You might have to paint to your required colour.

You can check out in Pudupet, Chennai. You might have to paint to your required colour.
Thanks for the reply.
I have already requested many shop keepers to search(Pudupet,GP Road) even trying in other states also. Till no positive results. Sharing a pic, any suggestion to perform a DIY at least to cover this broken area. Need a good solution for this.

Attachments

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks for the reply.
I have already requested many shop keepers to search(Pudupet,GP Road) even trying in other states also. Till no positive results. Sharing a pic, any suggestion to perform a DIY at least to cover this broken area. Need a good solution for this.
This is what I did on Vishnu's indicator, which got broken in a similar manner.

Fixing broken ORVM indicator.
Fixing broken ORVM Indicator.

He replaced indicator alone later from Honda dealer.

Indicator is available as separate part at around 4k with Honda dealer.

This is what I did on Vishnu's indicator, which got broken in a similar manner.

Fixing broken ORVM indicator.
Fixing broken ORVM Indicator.
He replaced indicator alone later from Honda dealer.
Good work. I am in touch with Capital Honda they don't have any stock and seems its difficult to source this 2013 ORVM. I am afraid to do a DIY in this because the car looks brand new and many tells they are unable to notice this small broken glass in orvm, still i am unable to keep it like this :-)

deville_56

Honoured Member
Good work. I am in touch with Capital Honda they don't have any stock and seems its difficult to source this 2013 ORVM. I am afraid to do a DIY in this because the car looks brand new and many tells they are unable to notice this small broken glass in orvm, still i am unable to keep it like this :-)
It's better to cover it since water might seep in, damaging the internals over time. Simplest thing is fill up with glue stick and cut to shape with blade. It will be clear/whitish and less noticeable.

It's better to cover it since water might seep in, damaging the internals over time. Simplest thing is fill up with glue stick and cut to shape with blade. It will be clear/whitish and less noticeable.
Yes thats what worries me, atleast need to put a tape in that. Installed a new shed today 20/20. Other than this car looks showroom condition. People thinks we purchased a brand new car. Finding it difficult to find shops due to this lockdown. Lets wait and see.

Hello all,

I am unable to view the reverse camera in my screen. Sometimes it works sometimes getting as - No Signal. What could be the reason. How to fix it?

Top Bottom