Honda City i-VTEC: Technical Issues & Solutions

i cleared the codes and they appeared again.. as far as about mechanic.. they suck where i stay i have booked an appointment at mahindra's first choice and i hope they could help me out in a professional manner and honda asc arent taking my car in for service because its cng fitted

kkn13

Suspended
i cleared the codes and they appeared again.. as far as about mechanic.. they suck where i stay i have booked an appointment at mahindra's first choice and i hope they could help me out in a professional manner and honda asc arent taking my car in for service because its cng fitted
Go to town side garages imho, they are usually more professional
Mahindra has mixed reviews
Or else send a strong email to Honda India head and request help

Which ASC did you go to? Solitaire Borivali is the best followed by Andheri
Ive had poor experiences with the older Apex ASC which shut down
Solitaire is very good , have serviced from them since 9 years
Before that I went to Ichibaan for a while

PS- I might be wrong but it seems like you have fuel pump problem(6-7k I think)

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
solitaire isnt helping me they wont take the car in
If they havent recorded your car no etc when you asked, you can try getting CNG removed for the time being and try again
Else there are some decent garages where Ive had good experience , I can PM you as a last resort after all official means are tried out. ASC is still the best place though

I have asked about this to my friend (who is expert in European vehicles) but he says without physical analyze its hard to tell. Also he feels fishy about CNG kit and/or its installation. If its not good, not working properly or improperly installed then it could cause issues to many components and even damage sensors.

Like kkn13 said, see if you can remove the CNG kit and take the car to Honda ASC.

Last edited:
It is strange. I have aftermarket CNG kit fitted in my CITY. I have been serviced my car from ASC for last 3+ years without any problem. I am staying in Thane, MH. I had serviced my car from Regent Honda & Hallmark Honda in Thane and once from Linkway Honda in Vikhroli, Mumbai. I hope it helps.

Can i install anhc steering wheel in my nhc because im gonna do interior change so i think itll look better andif it can be installed where will I get a steering wheel and what would it cost

The code is of o2 sensor bank 1 ill have to replace it.. i believe my engine is running rough and loud because of that only

Thread Starter #83

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Last weekend, the driver side inner door lock-unlock button malfunctioned resulting in the auto lock-unlock feature not working. Had gone to the ASC Crown Honda, Noida and ordered the part (A cable) by paying an advance of Rs. 100 (although part cost with tax is around 80 Rs.). The part arrived on Sunday afternoon and got that fixed today. Had to pay a labor charge of Rs. 250 + taxes that amounted to Rs. 289/-. I was surprised to note that the part cost is Rs. 80 but the labor charge and taxes are almost 4 times the part cost. Apart from that, I was told that the central locking that was fixed by ACE Honda in my car at the time of purchase is not approved by Honda. The actuator and the remote of the locking system isn't approved by Honda as I am told and the same has been fixed by dealer from their accessory tie ups. Since my I-vtec City is base model 2011 make, so at that time, Central locking etc did not come as standard/OEM fitment. So, the dealer placed an Autocop central locking system which is not in line with the requirements of the car. However, so far it had worked fine since past 5.5 years and for the 1st time this malfunctioning happened. Anyways, this adds one more point in my list of reasons to AVOID ACE HONDA! Attaching the bill for the repairs done today.

20170502_165804.jpg

Regards

Akash

Hello people , well my honda city is causing me a lot of trouble​s so i am going to sell it and buy a neighbours same year Honda city cvt its in a better condition then my car .. can i convert it to cng can anyone please guide me about cng

Hello guys,

Just joined today and have a qq for all
I have a preowned city s ivtec 2009 model, what generation is that called, i heard it's 4th or 5th generation
I asked because some one mentioned gen 3rd but when i went to scour parts in local shop i was told its gen 4th

Hello guys,

Just joined today and have a qq for all
I have a preowned city s ivtec 2009 model, what generation is that called, i heard it's 4th or 5th generation
I asked because some one mentioned gen 3rd but when i went to scour parts in local shop i was told its gen 4th
Welcome to TAI and Honda City family. [cheers]

You have 3rd Gen City but parts for it are usually called as type 4.

Current model is 4th gen aka type 5 for parts.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm in little trouble here with my Honda City. The champ of the starter motor harness that connects to battery terminal, has eaten by rust and only 25% is left. The same has been coated with rust-proof treatment on every service but it didn't prevent.

The connection is weak and can break anytime so I'm trying hard to find a solution asap. The harness connects to starter motor which is located deeper inside engine block and I'm unable to unplug it. So welding the clamp is out of option.
Battery_Terminal_Corrosion_01.jpg
Battery_Terminal_Corrosion_02.jpg

Next I searched for battery terminal clamps on Aliexpress and bought one which I expected it would work but unfortunately it didn't. 1. Battery terminal dia is 13mm whereas new clamp dia is 17! Its too big to fit. 2. Distance from harness bolt to terminal is more but new clamp distance to bolt is shorter. So the battery terminal clamps didn't help me. Looked for different types but none seemed to work. For time-being and safety, I have used a wire to connect from harness bolt to terminal.
Battery_Terminal_Corrosion_03.jpg

Cables like these will also help me but I don't know where to find them.
xbattery-cable-assemblies.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Fm2Q56utmc.jpg

If anyone has come across this issue, please let me know. Or if you know how to unplug starter motor harness, please help me. Incase I couldn't fix it, then service center is the last hope but they will charge a bomb for it. [cry]

Thanks...
Best Regards

kkn13

Suspended
Hey guys I have a new issue too
On the highway, the AC blow and cooling suddenly reduced along with engine power and after 20 minutes, it was fine again
Happened only once but Im confused as to why, it just went for servicing a few weeks ago

This is exactly what happened with me.. you're ac compressor might be blown . Or gas might have been leaked

Ok. So guys. My cars valves crashed because of a timing chain error . Abd the cost if repair was high. I got a better engine of another Honda city. The question is . Do Honda city uses clutch oil and gear oil and how to top up or change them what oil to buy

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom