Honda City i-VTEC: Technical Issues & Solutions

Ok so im in a problem , i smell fuel when i drive , no mechanic is able to poi t out the problem and honda asc wont touch the car as it has cng fitted , one mechanic said to do tappet setting, other said to change air filter to honda oem filter and change a cng box

Ok so im in a problem , i smell fuel when i drive , no mechanic is able to poi t out the problem and honda asc wont touch the car as it has cng fitted , one mechanic said to do tappet setting, other said to change air filter to honda oem filter and change a cng box
Hmm, if go through different mechanics who are unsure about the issue then you'll will be spending lot of money and problem may not be solved. So you need a professional mechanic along with OBD scanner to fix the issue. Smelling fuel can be caused by many different things. Or it could be a part that is rusted and leaking fuel. Findout exactly from where its coming. Engine, Injector, Canister, Fuel line, Fuel pump, Fuel tank, Exhaust or etc.

I don't think air filter is related to the problem nor the CNG, even if it does then why to change CNG kit? It can be disconnect and checked, isn't it?

BTW; Didn't you notice this issue when doing PDI? One should be very carefully when buying used car or take help from experts because its a expensive deal and once bought it cannot be returned nor it comes with warranty. Problems will take away our money and peace of mind. :redface:

Last edited:
Honda City - Tail Lights, Dash lights and parking lights not working.

when i tried to replace front parking light , i have made some spark with the lights. now my Tail Lights, Dash lights and parking lights are not working.

attaching my fuse diagram

i checked the fuse no 29 . its perfectly alright

do any one have idea why my lights are not working

thanks in advance

Attachments

Re: Honda City - Tail Lights, Dash lights and parking lights not working.

when i tried to replace front parking light , i have made some spark with the lights. now my Tail Lights, Dash lights and parking lights are not working.

attaching my fuse diagram

i checked the fuse no 29 . its perfectly alright

do any one have idea why my lights are not working

thanks in advance
All other components connected to battery are working?

Sometimes ECU breaks the power supply when there a short or arc in any of components and I guess such thing has happened to your car. Disconnect the battery (Negative cable) and wait for few mins, then reconnect. May this will reset the ECU.

Last edited:
Yeah everything is working except this

All other components connected to battery are working?

Sometimes ECU breaks the power supply when there a short or arc in any of components and I guess such thing has happened to your car. Disconnect the battery (Negative cable) and wait for few mins, then reconnect. May this will reset the ECU.

yeah everything is working fine except this, would reconnect battery will work????? ..
Actually fuse 29 is breaked . i replaced with new one
Please advice us !!! thanks

yeah everything is working fine except this, would reconnect battery will work?????
Try it but I'm not sure as I didn't faced such problem. It requires a small spanner to remove the negative cable.

My air inflator adapter had short and when I connected it, the power socket fuse blown. I replaced it with new one and fixed my air inflator adapter.

Your problem seems strange but there is no problem in disconnecting battery and reconnecting it.

Try it but I'm not sure as I didn't faced such problem. It requires a small spanner to remove the negative cable.

My air inflator adapter had short and when I connected it, the power socket fuse blown. I replaced it with new one and fixed my air inflator adapter.

Your problem seems strange but there is no problem in disconnecting battery and reconnecting it.

will try and keep you posted on the status. Anyway thanks bro. Much appreciated for your valuable response

Last edited by a moderator:
Idsi to vtech

I was thinking of doing some major work on my car soon... So what could be the parts that could be changed on engine for better performance and what parts can i swap with the vtech version on my idsi honda city

Thread Starter #71

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So only the driver side inflator is replaced? And there is no issues with passenger side air bag?
This particular line I recalled today! Yes, I had gone to get a Monogram fixed in my car and over there was informed about the pending replacement of the 'Passenger Side Airbag Inflator' for my car. So the same has been replaced today F.O.C under the recall issued by Honda Cars India. It was a lucky moment for me that it got changed today and honestly I was under the impression that (as per the other Honda ASC's technician) only driver side inflator needed replacement. Still a big big thanks again to CRACING[thumbsup]

Here are the WIP Pics from the Honda ASC of the inflator replaced today.

20170222_150931.jpg

20170222_151015.jpg

20170222_151205.jpg

20170222_151210.jpg

20170222_151229.jpg

20170222_151410.jpg

20170222_151506.jpg

20170222_151800.jpg

20170222_151804.jpg

20170222_151820.jpg

20170222_152344.jpg

20170222_163405.jpg

Regards

Akash

kkn13

Suspended
Im facing a new issue with my car, albeit a minor one it seems
Whenever I go over old speedbreakers on my regular route, my car scrapes on the right hand side bottom
Never faced this on the exact same breakers etc before

I know it might be a suspension issue but is it major or minor
There are slight minor noises at times from right side suspension but barely anything since Ive experienced suspension issues in my other cars before

Any ideas? could this be a simple bush replacement fix?

I ordered obd and scanned my city type 3 here are the codes attached please tell me how bad is it and how much it will cause to repair them. Bdw anyone near my area can contact me to scan their car

Attachments

I ordered obd and scanned my city type 3 here are the codes attached please tell me how bad is it and how much it will cause to repair them. Bdw anyone near my area can contact me to scan their car
Good know you have bought the obd scanner. Below are links containing details of the error codes:

P0132 - Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage Sensor 1

P0325 - Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

P0336 - Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance

The website mention several different cause for the error code and you or service center have to find out the exact fault. Also you'll have find the position of the sensor. Clue can be found in forums and youtube.

For me P0336 looks serious problem and you have issues in the car so I guess the sensors are good. If the car had no problems then sensor could be faulty or lose connections. You cannot check the condition of sensors because to remove them, special tools may require and it has to done by professional machine. However, if you locate the sensors, check the connections.

Did you clear the errors and tested again? If not, do the following:

Use app called Piston, check errors then clear them. Turn off the key and after few mins turn ON again and start the engine. Hold the engine at 3,000 rpm for a min, then let it idle and turn off. Now check the errors again and see if previous errors go or new errors log.

Top Bottom