Honda City i-VTEC: Technical Issues & Solutions

@jags2014

AFAIK, there is no bank 4, atleast in our cars but I'm not so sure. O2 sensors are present in exhaust lines. Did the bottom of the car hit something? And which OBD scanner are you using?

May be you should try Piston app from Android store and see if it also shows same error. OBD Car Doctor Pro is also good.

generally a O2 sensor failure results in higher rpm, rough idle and jerks. the engine malfunction would come up and stay, if the vechile is restarted it goes and comes again.

If you are sure about a failed sensor, replace it asap. It costs at 12-15k. There is a taiwan/japan made for 7000 odd and even a cheaper option is 1700k for a desi made.

Hello guys,
My honda city completed 60,000 km recently.Since 15 days,I am noticing a tak-tak sound when you break suddenly.Previously it wasn't there.Has anybody had a similar problem? What might be the reason for this sound?

Hello guys,
My honda city completed 60,000 km recently.Since 15 days,I am noticing a tak-tak sound when you break suddenly.Previously it wasn't there.Has anybody had a similar problem? What might be the reason for this sound?
Sounds like it is related to ABS but may be a physical check can identify the actual issue. Did you visit to service center?

No,I didn't have time to go to service centre yet.The sound only comes occassionally,I hope it's not a grave problem.
Then you should visit soon. Since its is related to important part of the car, there should be no delay in fixing it.

It could be ABS, Caliper, Caliper Pins, brake pads and etc. Also your car ODO has reached 60k so its not surprising to notice such issues. Major parts will be worn and some fluids will be contaminated so they need to be replaced.

I hope after 60k servicing, your car will be good as new again. [:)]

Hello guys,
Is the sound from front brakes or the rear brakes?

It's coming from the front.
Do you feel the brake pedal pulsating? Or brakes juddering? Mostly it indicates the end of the brake pad's life. Some times, you may also feel a pulsation in the brakes due to ABS kicking in. But the symptoms you say, I don't think so. Try changing the brake pads..

Do you feel the brake pedal pulsating? Or brakes juddering? Mostly it indicates the end of the brake pad's life. Some times, you may also feel a pulsation in the brakes due to ABS kicking in. But the symptoms you say, I don't think so. Try changing the brake pads..
Thanks for the reply.I feel some brake juddering.Like you said,it may be related to worn out brake pads.I will take the opinion of service centre as soon as possible.

Thread Starter #56

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I have a query. Today my CITY went for the servicing at an FNG. Over there the engine oil and oil filter were changed and Gear Oil also was changed. As per mechanic the limit of Gear Oil to be re-filled is 2 Ltr because even after draining the gear oil there is about 300-500 gms of oil still present in the gear box which in total becomes 2.5 Ltr i.e the actual quantity. Now, is there a way to check the actual level of Gear Oil? I am bit confused here. I purchased full 2.5 Ltr of Gear Oil yesterday as per the requirement and of it only 2 Ltr has been used and yet 0.5L is there with me. So, should I use the remaining 0.5 Lt or should I believe the mechanic's words? Also, at the time of draining and re-filling about 100 mg of oil spilled on road as well which bothered me even more. Kindly advise on the same.

Regards

Akash

Honda city check engine

I bought a honda city 2005 for 111000, but when i pull the revs the check engine light appears and fuel smell comes inside the cabin..on petrol and cng both . The mechanic wasnt able to figure out the problem .

Re: Honda city check engine

I bought a honda city 2005 for 111000, but when i pull the revs the check engine light appears and fuel smell comes inside the cabin..on petrol and cng both . The mechanic wasnt able to figure out the problem .
So you have finally bought the car. Congrats and welcome to Honda City family. [clap]

As of problem, I think there is something wrong with fuel system and it should be repaired soon because fuel leakage is dangerous. Glowing Engine light makes it easy to find the cause. If you have obd scanner, connect it and check for errors. Otherwise take the car to professional car repair shop or service center to get the errors checked.

Last edited:
It's related to break pads.I changed the break pads and break shoes and the sound is gone.

Top Bottom