Honda City GXi - Report

350Z

Core Team
The car is running fine. Absolutely no niggles. The car is no longer used by my dad which is why she gets out only when I go home. I will be getting the 45k service done this month in addition to some basic add ons like spoiler, bumper protectors (current ones have lost their charm)....
Got the service done? Your City is one exceptionally well-maintained piece. Present bumper rub-guards look good enough and matching well on the exteriors. Don’t change them.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #79
The car is running fine apart from minor dings and dents. I wanted to know the list of things I should take care of for the 50-55k km service. The odo reading isnt accurate, but it hasnt clocked kms beyond 60k. Thanks for the help! I am going for new set of tires. Recommendations for the same would be appreciated.

Hey Akash, i should learn how to maintain cars from you[clap]! I have a 2005 gxi too and it'd get a 1/5 compared to your car which.would get a 10/5[:D]! Seriously sir that is one neat i-dsi. If i post pics of my car people wouldn't believe I'm a TAIger! Its my car's 10th birthday this christmas and I'm planning to give it a full revamp by 2016! Exterior wise its good. Mine is a 'taffeta white' and the only problem is evident rusting. Interiors are top notch though.
I was only 15 when the car saw me and it was love at first.sight! I remember each moment from D-Day and twice I have gone hysterical when the car was in separate accidents.

Last edited:
The car is running fine apart from minor dings and dents. I wanted to know the list of things I should take care of for the 50-55k km service. The odo reading isnt accurate, but it hasnt clocked kms beyond 60k. Thanks for the help! I am going for new set of tires. Recommendations for the same would be appreciated.
Hello Akash! Your City looks stunning!

I have a GXi from November 2005, it's run 86,000 kilometres and it's in a terrible shape inside out. There's been constant rattling from the tie rods in the front axle and squeaks and shudders from the suspension. The brakes are completely worn out.

And from what I could figure out, the belt around the tension pulleys on the engine block is terribly worn out, thus producing sounds like that of a local grinding mill...
It's been in two major accidents in its 11 years. And fuel efficiency is at 11-13 in the city.

On the outside, there's a lot of rust bubbles to the bottom right/left of the side indicators on the door panels. On both sides.

And the post accident repainting is poor.

(The car was bought in taffeta white)

Now that the car won't be sold in the near future. And I'm a student in grade 12. And I want to take up automobiles for later studies, I want to work on all these flaws myself under the guidance of an expert.

My idea was to slowly replace the worn out parts with high quality ones rather than original spares.

For instance, to replace the dead brake pads with brand new Delphis or Brembos.

And I want to wrap the car in matte black.

Hopefully I start a thread based on this later.

Can you please lend me some tips on how to maintain the City like you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Akash, i should learn how to maintain cars from you[clap]! I have a 2005 gxi too and it'd get a 1/5 compared to your car which.would get a 10/5[:D]! Seriously sir that is one neat i-dsi. If i post pics of my car people wouldn't believe I'm a TAIger! Its my car's 10th birthday this christmas and I'm planning to give it a full revamp by 2016! Exterior wise its good. Mine is a 'taffeta white' and the only problem is evident rusting. Interiors are top notch though.
I was only 15 when the car saw me and it was love at first.sight! I remember each moment from D-Day and twice I have gone hysterical when the car was in separate accidents.
Hey idsi2005!
We have the same cars, from the same city and similar user names!

I have a city zx gxi 2006, its current odo is 1,80,000kms. Running fine even after lots of abuse. The car is still serviced with ASC. Replaced 30k worth parts during last service.
Except for poor low end torque this car is worth the maintenance.

kkn13

Suspended
I have a city zx gxi 2006, its current odo is 1,80,000kms. Running fine even after lots of abuse. The car is still serviced with ASC. Replaced 30k worth parts during last service.
Except for poor low end torque this car is worth the maintenance.
All the older Hondas upto 3rd gen City IVTEC are extremely reliable from what ive seen
Literally all my friends own Honda City(as do I)
Parts etc is very easy to procure and fairly cheap too
I dont think Ive seen any other car with this level of serviceability even 12-14 years later except maybe the Swift to an extent or even Toyota Innova
I drove a very abused Innova a while back for a friend(3L km clocked) and it still ran pretty smooth for such an old car
Japanese cars really age very gracefully
The new City didnt inspire me much and interior quality etc is very un-Honda
I was banking on the new WR-V but no CVT and no 1.5 IVTEC is a let down

What are other fellow City owners looking forward to upgrade to?

All the older Hondas upto 3rd gen City IVTEC are extremely reliable from what ive seen
Literally all my friends own Honda City(as do I)
Parts etc is very easy to procure and fairly cheap too
I dont think Ive seen any other car with this level of serviceability even 12-14 years later except maybe the Swift to an extent or even Toyota Innova
I drove a very abused Innova a while back for a friend(3L km clocked) and it still ran pretty smooth for such an old car
Japanese cars really age very gracefully
The new City didnt inspire me much and interior quality etc is very un-Honda
I was banking on the new WR-V but no CVT and no 1.5 IVTEC is a let down

What are other fellow City owners looking forward to upgrade to?
Absolutely,
In 2014, When my family was looking for an upgrade from the 2007 swift VDi (clocked 1,70,000 Kms approximately), the first car we wanted to see was the new City.. the current pre-facelift one....
It was too flimsy and we were surprised how Honda compromised so much on quality..
I feel a lot safer in the 2005 city that's still running solid! And the wood trims in this city is what I'm longing for in almost every budget car that comes now....

I don't think so we're going to upgrade the city in the near future as there are three other cars being used.... And since the City's unfit for highways and guzzles petrol in the city, it's hardly used. I've somehow convinced my family to let me keep it for some more time atleast till I enter college, that way I can start properly learning how to repair cars......
I have a lot of mods in plan for the car! She's such a beauty!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom