Honda City Facelift Launched at Rs. 6.99 Lakhs

Re: Honda City Facelift Coming By October 2011

Honda in India desperately needs a facelift. They have been caught napping and competition has overtaken Honda - esp in the City segment.
Remember, Honda never gives any enhancement until they are forced to. It is well documented how Cruze took the market by storm and the Civic sales were seriously affected and to withstand the competition they introduced a sun roof in the Civic.

With respect to City, Honda needed to do something fast to stop the dwindling sales. Interiors in the existing City variants were a joke and with Vento offering much more - no wonder City sales have gone down. If the rumours of Honda adding a sunroof to the City is true - then this is welcome since it would be the first in this segment to offer this.
Hope they also add some basic stuff like Automatic AC control across all variants in this model.
The lack of an diesel engine is hurting Honda big time and by the time they introduce it - it may well be too late.

Last edited:

Honda City Discounts

The base model, Honda City EMT 1.5 gets a cash discount of Rs. 25,000 bringing its price down to Rs. 7.24 lakh from Rs. 7.49 lakh. The popular SMT variant gets whopping Rs. 65,000 off bringing down its price to Rs. 7.54 lakh from Rs. 8.19 lakh. And the fully-loaded VMT which costs Rs. 8.64 lakh can be had for Rs. 7.94 lakh after a Rs. 70,000 discount.
In short, all variants of the excellent Honda City, sans the automatic, can be bought for less than Rs. 8 lakh—BUT ONLY TILL OCTOBER 5. And there is an added benefit of slightly reduced interest rate of 11.49 per cent which should save a few hundred bucks more.

Source - Honda City discounts in October | DWS Auto India

New city coming soon ?

@ Mods :Please create separate thread if required

Seems this is their strategy to push sales as they don't have diesel. Also, if one waits more, even non-auto fans will come to know about new City, hence, they will avoid buying current one. Indirectly, this discount also seems like stock clearing action by Honda.[clown]

Good catch. Any interior pics?
Maybe they will bring in beige color interiors for India. I however, didn't find anything drastically new in this Honda City. See the images right from the day Honda City was launched in India. Everytime they upgraded, it was completely a new car. Don't know why this time Honda did just minute changes [confused].

Attachments

Now this is really exciting, I actuall have plans to go for new one early next year only, but the prices makes me think. My mind also says, wait for the facelift. [confused]

Are there any chances,even 1% for the diesel coming with this facelift?
Still I am disappointed with this facelift as I was expecting something more.

Still I am disappointed with this facelift as I was expecting something more.
It may come but not soon. Honda will be first launching diesel in Accord, followed by CR-V & then maybe City. But if they do launch City in diesel variant, well then, it will take car market by surprise !!

See the images right from the day Honda City was launched in India. Everytime they upgraded, it was completely a new car. Don't know why this time Honda did just minute changes [confused].
Not exactly. Honda launches new model in 5-6 years and facelifts in 2-3 years. If you could remember, last gen City (with 77 bhp) too had a minor facelifts (with revised front grill).

350Z

Core Team

No chances for a Diesel with this face lift at least but we can expect it soon since an official has confirmed the plans. Honda City is likely to receive a Diesel first and the engines will be India specific.

Not exactly. Honda launches new model in 5-6 years and facelifts in 2-3 years. If you could remember, last gen City (with 77 bhp) too had a minor facelifts (with revised front grill).
Exactly. Remember these two?

honda-city.jpg

honda_city_2006_sedan_4d_1227b.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

It seems Honda doesn’t wants to make use of this festive opportunity. New City is now scheduled to be launched in third week of November 2011.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Honda City Facelift Coming By November 2011

well even november launch is delayed now due to flood in thailand! now city will come in auto expo only!!

350Z

Core Team
Re: Honda City Facelift Coming By November 2011

Honda will surprisingly not wait for Auto Expo. New Honda City is now scheduled to be launched in Mid-December 2011.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom