Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally With Me [11K Kms crossed]

Re: Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally with Me

Congrats Dude on the New Honda City EMT However i have a small oservation,

1.you mentioned above that color selected by you is Sparkle Brown but i see a Black Color City.
2.Wooden Interiors are not standard in City,Did you upgrade them?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

congrats on the car [;)]

but why have you mentioned sparkling brown as color ? it's black right.

and i'm not a fan of wooden finish interiors. i don't even like that in my car which was factory installed.

on doors the wooden finish looks good but the center console it's looking odd. like i said not a wooden finish fan [:D]

i bought verna petrol instead of honda city and the average you are getting [cry] i'm getting 10kmpl.

Last edited:

and i'm not a fan of wooden finish interiors. i don't even like that in my car which was factory installed.

on doors the wooden finish looks good but the center console it's looking odd. like i said not a wooden finish fan [:D]
I Agree with you allhyundaicars,i am also not a fan of wooden interiors especially the front console,They kind of look odd.[frustration]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I Agree with you allhyundaicars,i am also not a fan of wooden interiors especially the front console,They kind of look odd.[frustration]
check this. i reported the same in my thread [lol]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...yundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html#post154193

they have given wooden finish on doors and the center console.. but i personally dont like it on the center console.... on doors its fine

@Hakki:
Congrats for the City,no doubt it's the best petrol car one can buy under 10 lac.
It has all..power,performance,FE,comfort and driving pleasure.I mean all packed in just one car.

The wooden finishing is also looking great but some parts are also looking out of sync with it like the door locks etc.

On the FE front,I'd say that you need to be ready for surprises.Let 2-3 services pass,this car will give you upto 20 kpl on highways(it gave us and I got a best of 23.2 as per MID).

Rest I am unable to imagine how you are able to control yourself at 70 kph only.Because the day my friend go his City,it was driven cautiously in City for first day.
After that when the car went to highway on second day,it was doing 150-160-170 kph speeds and we were happy at those speeds only.[:D]

Congratulations, Hakki, on your new aquisition. [clap] Good choice of colour too. Wish you many happy miles of motoring ahead.

A bit surprised that you opted for sun films in your new ride when people are being asked to remove them as per SC order.

Thread Starter #22

Congrats Dude on the New Honda City EMT However i have a small oservation,

1.you mentioned above that color selected by you is Sparkle Brown but i see a Black Color City.
2.Wooden Interiors are not standard in City,Did you upgrade them?
Thanks hastir265. Agree that the car looks more of a black rather than brown.
As i mentioned in one of my previous replies, the car looks brown when observed under bright sunlight and from closeup. Else it looks black.
Wooden interiors are not standard. I got them installed as an accessory from the Honda dealership.

congrats on the car]

but why have you mentioned sparkling brown as color ? it's black right.

on doors the wooden finish looks good but the center console it's looking odd. like i said not a wooden finish fan

i bought verna petrol instead of honda city and the average you are getting i'm getting 10kmpl.
Thanks allhyundaicars. It is not black though it looks black in the photograph.
It looks brown under bright sunshine.
Somehow i liked the wooden finish and went for it rightaway.
Good to know that you went for Verna. Verna is a very good car too. The interiors has a very premium feel to it, suspensions are soft and hence good on bumpy roads. But somehow during test drive i felt it had a boat like feeling when i attempted to take the car beyond 120 kmph. Also the cost of servicing etc of Hyundai has increased in the last couple of years based on ownership experience of Santro.
But the Fluidic Verna is a stunner and to me it is the best looking car in the D segment. No car in the D segment is a match to it in the exterior looks

@Hakki:
Congrats for the City,no doubt it's the best petrol car one can buy under 10 lac.
It has all..power,performance,FE,comfort and driving pleasure.I mean all packed in just one car.

The wooden finishing is also looking great but some parts are also looking out of sync with it like the door locks etc.

On the FE front,I'd say that you need to be ready for surprises.Let 2-3 services pass,this car will give you upto 20 kpl on highways(it gave us and I got a best of 23.2 as per MID).

Rest I am unable to imagine how you are able to control yourself at 70 kph only.Because the day my friend go his City,it was driven cautiously in City for first day.
After that when the car went to highway on second day,it was doing 150-160-170 kph speeds and we were happy at those speeds only.[:D]

Thanks for your wishes TSIVipul. Agree with you that ANHC is one of the best cars in the under 10lacs segment.
On the FE the best figure on MID that i have managed to achieve in my city driving is 15.8 kmpl (it stayed for not more than 15 mins)
Well i am controlling myself from going beyond 70 kmph only during the run in period for the first 2000kms. Not sure if i would be able to contain myself once i cross the first 2000 kms and have my first highway run to either Mumbai or downsouth

Congratulations, Hakki, on your new aquisition. [clap] Good choice of colour too. Wish you many happy miles of motoring ahead.

A bit surprised that you opted for sun films in your new ride when people are being asked to remove them as per SC order.
Hi mbt_india thanks for your wishes. I too was a bit reluctant to initially opt for the sunfilm in light of the SC verdict. But there is not much a problem in Pune at the moment. I have not personally seen cops stopping cars and fining owners for the films. Infact i have seen lot of SUVs who have much darker films than the one i have on my car, and have not been stopped by the cops.
The other problem in Pune is most of the folks drive in the late evening with high beam which causes lot of problems. But the sun film on the front windshield seems to have helped a bit by reducing the glare.

Couple of issues i observed in my car based on 2 weeks of driving

1) Stock headlamp was inadequate esp when driven on roads with minimal/no steet lights. Hence i got them replaced with Philips Xtreme Vision (55/60W). Since the rating is the same as stock, no wiring/frame related work. Only plug and play. This is improved night vision considerably

2) Engaging the 2nd gear is a bit difficult esp when i downshift from 3rd to 2nd even though the clutch is fully engaged. I read about this similar issue being reported by IronRock in another thread.
Have any other ANHC owners faced similar issue? If yes, can you please share how did you get this problem sorted out?

3) My ANHC came with Goodyear GT3 as stock though i had requested for Michelin. The Goodyear creates quite a bit of roadnoise and it seeps inside the cabin. Though i am happy with overall NVH, somehow the tyres seem to play spoilsport. I dont intent to replace the current lot until it wears out and will have to live with this problem [frustration]

Thanks allhyundaicars. It is not black though it looks black in the photograph.
It looks brown under bright sunshine.
Somehow i liked the wooden finish and went for it rightaway.
Good to know that you went for Verna. Verna is a very good car too. The interiors has a very premium feel to it, suspensions are soft and hence good on bumpy roads. But somehow during test drive i felt it had a boat like feeling when i attempted to take the car beyond 120 kmph. Also the cost of servicing etc of Hyundai has increased in the last couple of years based on ownership experience of Santro.
But the Fluidic Verna is a stunner and to me it is the best looking car in the D segment. No car in the D segment is a match to it in the exterior looks
Congrats Hakki. Honda City is the BEST choice <10lakhs if you are going for Petrol car.

During test drive of verna fludic vtvt i also felt like boat ride [cry]. Other than soft suspension, major issue with Verna is rear seat experience [frustration]. But, on looks and gizmos Verna is unbeatable [clap]

Engaging the 2nd gear is a bit difficult esp when i downshift from 3rd to 2nd even though the clutch is fully engaged. I read about this similar issue being reported by IronRock in another thread.
Have any other ANHC owners faced similar issue? If yes, can you please share how did you get this problem sorted out?
I think it is a matter of getting used to and is no big deal. Few others in various forums reported similar findings. I too initially thought it was a bit trickey to move from 3rd gear to 2nd gear on my new Honda City, but have gotten used to now. A small trick that may work, is when down shifting from the 3rd to 2nd gear, keep the clutch pressed, move it to 'neutral' just for a couple of seconds and then try to move to the 2nd gear. It should work effortlessly and should be very smooth. Let me know if it works for you [:)].

@Hikki

What is that difficulty you are facing from 3rd gear to 2nd gear?? Is the something like you want to directly come from 3rd to 2nd straight away, then it is not possible and also not correct too. If so just follow as told by Hornet in his post. You have to first pull it from 3rd and within 2 secons pulling down to 2nd gear by slightly pulling the gear rod towards left side. This is the correct procedure and with practice that will get habituated where you will just stop in the neutral one secon it almost looks like you are bringing it from 3rd to 2nd directly[clap]

Congrat's buddy she look's gorgeous in Black,loved those wooden accessories on the dash

Nice review Hakki Well you cant get anything wrong with the Honda city - its the safest choice in petrol sub 10 lakhs, i have seen the ANHC with wood inserts as accessory and it looks a lot better in real than what the pics do justice, brings in a kind of plushness.

Nice choice of seat covers, its going well with the interiors(we indians love beige treatment!!)

The dark colour with the front chrome arrow head looks really good

Thread Starter #28

I think it is a matter of getting used to and is no big deal. Few others in various forums reported similar findings. I too initially thought it was a bit trickey to move from 3rd gear to 2nd gear on my new Honda City, but have gotten used to now. A small trick that may work, is when down shifting from the 3rd to 2nd gear, keep the clutch pressed, move it to 'neutral' just for a couple of seconds and then try to move to the 2nd gear. It should work effortlessly and should be very smooth. Let me know if it works for you [:)].
@Hikki

What is that difficulty you are facing from 3rd gear to 2nd gear?? Is the something like you want to directly come from 3rd to 2nd straight away, then it is not possible and also not correct too. If so just follow as told by Hornet in his post. You have to first pull it from 3rd and within 2 secons pulling down to 2nd gear by slightly pulling the gear rod towards left side. This is the correct procedure and with practice that will get habituated where you will just stop in the neutral one secon it almost looks like you are bringing it from 3rd to 2nd directly[clap]
Yes I do follow this method as in the past 5 yrs of my driving.
I still find engaging 2nd gear slightly difficult [frustration]
I'll report this issue during my first service and try to get
some grease applied to smoothen

Congrat's buddy she look's gorgeous in Black,loved those wooden accessories on the dash
Thanks Buddy

Nice review Hakki Well you cant get anything wrong with the Honda city - its the safest choice in petrol sub 10 lakhs, i have seen the ANHC with wood inserts as accessory and it looks a lot better in real than what the pics do justice, brings in a kind of plushness.

Nice choice of seat covers, its going well with the interiors(we indians love beige treatment!!)

The dark colour with the front chrome arrow head looks really good
Thanks Ironrock

Thread Starter #29

Have a query for fellow Honda City owners. Have any of you been given a separate warranty card for 3rd party items like Tyres and Battery? Also is the warranty valid for 2yrs?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I think battery has just 1 year warrantu and tyre's don't have warranty. Even if tyre has a bulge for some reason, they'll say you parked in a wrong way. Have witnessed this.

Don't know about honda but yeah normAlly warranty is for 2 years.

Top Bottom