Honda City Diesel Review - Vasantha Ashtra – Golden Brown

Honda City users,

How to use Cruise control on highways?I want to know about it as we are going for an highway trip in our City tomorrow so I wanted to know about how to use cruise control so that I can explain it to my driver how to use it.

Folks,I'm thinking to get rogerabs coils installed in my Honda City along with tyre upsize to 195/60R15.How it will be?Shall I get only tyres upsized or get the rogerabs along with 195/60's as I need some extra ground clearance for Honda city as we always travel on bad roads most of the time.

And,need to get 40K Kms service by this month and what should I get the work done on 40K Kms service?

Re: Vasantha Ashtra – Honda City i-Dtec 2014 – Golden Brown

Horn Upgrade

Background: During our journey from Pondicherry to Hyderabad, my Ashtra was driven by a driver. One of the first thing he commented is horn was not audible / effective to make a way. But I'm not in favour to increase the noise pollution level. Really not interested to make others runaway while honking. So I am continuing with stock horn.

Here the situations were started changing slowly. Thick skin People (the thickness of the skin grows on daily) were not moving / giving way at all to my Ashtra. When I drive the Ashtra, my ashtra uses to tear the wind. It really demands the way when it asks for a situation.

So one fine day, changed my Ashtra's whistle.

I looked for Hella / Roots reliable horn. Not so interested on electronic fancy horn which whistle horribly.

In my search, I'm not able to find Roots horn near my home. I got good Hella horns.

View attachment 147614

The below horns were called as Skoda type Horns.
View attachment 147615

View attachment 147616

The Red horn sound is not impressed me. So I gave red signal. Finally I chosen the Black Hella Whistle for her (Ashtra ) to coolly blow it whenever & wherever his master needs it.

The both horn were installed under the hood directly in-front of driver. The driver can hear the sound very clear than others.
View attachment 147617
View attachment 147618
I hope it looks like a bike horn. I was surprised to see a 10 lac car is having a horn like 2 wheeler.

The new whistle
View attachment 147619

Result: Ashtra whistles very nicely, and seen people started respecting her presence on road. [:D]
Gandhi bro,where did you get your horns installed in Hyderabad?Im thinking to get horns for my City too and how did they install the horn?Did they use the relay for installing it or did they use stock relay for fitting these horns?

I’m thinking to go for Minda Trumpets or Bosch symphony horns for my City.

Gave my City iDTEC for 40K Kms service today.Estimation I got is ₹9.5k which includes oil change,filters change,battery testing,engine software check and lock for bonnet rod and labor is ₹2.6k+18% which is ₹468 and Total is ₹3,068.

Today,when we are having casual talk,my mom complained my dad that the car is giving poor pickup and she felt like pressing the accelerator like gas.What could be the issue?She felt the same with our previous Vento in last days of ownership and I felt that the engine noise is entering into the cabin since the bumper incident.What could be the issue for this?

Now,she has run close to 43000 Kms.I feel Honda's quality had come down than previous gen versions.

Re: Vasantha Ashtra – Honda City i-Dtec 2014 – Golden Brown

Horn Upgrade

Background: During our journey from Pondicherry to Hyderabad, my Ashtra was driven by a driver. One of the first thing he commented is horn was not audible / effective to make a way. But I'm not in favour to increase the noise pollution level. Really not interested to make others runaway while honking. So I am continuing with stock horn.

Here the situations were started changing slowly. Thick skin People (the thickness of the skin grows on daily) were not moving / giving way at all to my Ashtra. When I drive the Ashtra, my ashtra uses to tear the wind. It really demands the way when it asks for a situation.

So one fine day, changed my Ashtra's whistle.

I looked for Hella / Roots reliable horn. Not so interested on electronic fancy horn which whistle horribly.

In my search, I'm not able to find Roots horn near my home. I got good Hella horns.

View attachment 147614

The below horns were called as Skoda type Horns.
View attachment 147615

View attachment 147616

The Red horn sound is not impressed me. So I gave red signal. Finally I chosen the Black Hella Whistle for her (Ashtra ) to coolly blow it whenever & wherever his master needs it.

The both horn were installed under the hood directly in-front of driver. The driver can hear the sound very clear than others.
View attachment 147617
View attachment 147618
I hope it looks like a bike horn. I was surprised to see a 10 lac car is having a horn like 2 wheeler.

The new whistle
View attachment 147619

Result: Ashtra whistles very nicely, and seen people started respecting her presence on road. [:D]
Bro, i got new horns installation for honda city diesel. One big problem , when i honk noise is coming into cabin a lot.
Please advise.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Today,when we are having casual talk,my mom complained my dad that the car is giving poor pickup and she felt like pressing the accelerator like gas.What could be the issue?She felt the same with our previous Vento in last days of ownership and I felt that the engine noise is entering into the cabin since the bumper incident.What could be the issue for this?

Now,she has run close to 43000 Kms.I feel Honda's quality had come down than previous gen versions.
1. For poor pickup, get things like MAF sensor cleaned and see that all sensors are plugged in back firmly. Also clean the EGR ( I am assuming its a diesel) and DRV valve.

2. Its possible that the installer has not installed rubber seals/boots properly after the accident repair. This could be causing excessive noise entry in cabin.

Top Bottom