Honda City Diesel Review - Vasantha Ashtra – Golden Brown

Re: Vasantha Ashtra – Honda City i-Dtec 2014 – Golden Brown

Congrats on owning such a beauty. Wish you more happy miles, with smiles

Thread Starter #32

The Next Accessory is Seat Cover.

Background: The need of the car to travel to Native which is 800 KMs away and a good amount of outing. The Beige interior is Honda City will continuously attract the dust & dirt, the interior is gets spoiled.

We can not control the behaviour of Adults then how about my daughter? And another important view, It is OUR car, let us use for our comfortability. Not to worry too much about the dirt and dust, so I decided to go for a seat cover.

Option 1:
Autoform Seat Cover - I could not locate in Hyderabad, at the same time I don't to wait too long.

Option 2:
Go for local car decor shop and look for seat cover and order.

Option 3:
I know a company who supplies to OEM based on their requirement. The company is a Mayur Industries Ltd. I saw 2 installation of these company seat cover. I liked quality of material and durability.

Option 4: Go for leather Seat.
Not interested for a leather seat.

I found the Mayur seat cover material during my search. Ordered from Local Car Decor shop. Now the pics.

seat cover 1.jpg
Seats were Dismantled.

seat cover 2.jpg

seat cover 3.jpg
The Boot and Back seat area, wish we could have got foldable seat.

seat cover 4.jpg
Dismantled back seat.

seat cover 5.jpg
Front seat Removed. Look the cable for seat belt sensor.

seat cover 6.jpg
Rear seat cover fixed.

seat cover 7.jpg
How is colour and design? Actually the template is reverse colour. Too maintain City colour theme (more Beige & Little Black), I asked reverse the colour. How is the pattern?

seat cover 8.jpg , seat cover 9.jpg
Rear Seat combined with Rear door.

seat cover 10.jpg

seat cover 11.jpg
Now the front seats were ready.

Total Installation Time : 2hrs
Order Delivery Time: 24 Hrs
Cost : Rs 6000/-.
Warranty: 2 Years.
There is also a another quality of material with 5 years warranty. It demands Rs 8000/-.
I will get bored after seeing the same seat cover pattern for more than 2 years. Also after 2 years I'm not sure about the place now I'm living. So decided to go with 2 year warranty material.

Experience: As First time owner, I was so restless after seeing the way shop guy handled the seats. Later I consoled myself saying, it is their work. But for front hand rest they were not made any cover. This shop broken already 3 City front hand rest box while doing work to put the cover.

Attachments

Last edited:

The Next Accessory is Seat Cover.
...How is colour and design? Actually the template is reverse colour. Too maintain City colour theme (more Beige & Little Black), I asked reverse the colour. How is the pattern?

Nice update gandhi, looks good matches perfectly to the honda city theme! [clap] Only thing I could nitpick was the bit loose fitting at the rear seat head rests. But its common in many aftermarket fittings, I dont know why that happens. But good job.

Heartiest congratulations Gandhi for your chocolate.Brilliant ownership report with neatly detailed review you are sharing with images.[clap]
Wish you many happy miles with it.
Seat covers looks superb and i would agree to indian too there is a bit loose fitting near the head rest area on back seats.Visit the accessory store and ask them to get it stretched properly and fit again.
Keep updating.

The seat covers look neat in this format. The "little black" is good in a way, as the car interiors are looking bright with less black on the seats.

You should get that loose fitting removed for better fitting.

Super congo for the Ashtra.
This is my first car also my first Ownership Review of a car
LOL.
likes are look of the car (except the grill)
there's a pic of modified grill of a black city on Harry 10,'s thread see if you like it.

NVH levels and minimum vibration felt inside the cabin. Definitely it is required for a beginner like me instead cranking the running engine.[
Buddy, noise is really not required to know if the engine is already idling, rather it is a safe practice to have a look at the MID before cranking.
Most of the diesel mills including mercs are known for some amount of noise. If at all someone is bothered about it, can go for sound dampening sheets under the bonnet & inside the doors.

Even the left and right side alloy wheels design is not same with respect to the wheel rotational direction.
Ideally, swapping them front to rear, either on same side or diagonally should not be a problem IMO. also only tire rotation can be performed rather than the whole wheel.

But Michelin dealer don’t take it on buy back basis.*
Why he(exclusive Michelin dealer) would accept other brands as possibility of getting a customer for other brands at his shop is almost nil.
It is better to enquire at multi brand dealer for buy back.
Speaker with tweeter is average. The music from the audio system is not giving the WOW
factor.
Can you please post the specs of music system from owner's manual?

Thigh support could have been improved
What's your height?

Fog Lamp is doing candle light job.
That's bad, despite spending more for this varient.
What's the spec of the bulb. ?
Ashtra got scrapped at the bottom. We have to get down the car, to clear the speed breakers.
The SPEED BREAKER is not scientific; it was made by stones and sand by locals to avoid accidents. I hope only trucks and buses only can clear the speed breaker. Back side of one i20, Ecosport got scrapped in the same speed breaker.
Unscientific spead breakers in our country is a major reason behind popularity of the mini SUV s in this country.
But if ES also scrapped, we can't blame Hondas, in fact the scrapped part looks to be a part of the exhaust pipe which is not a worrisome thing.
In case of Fiats, during their low GC era, it use to be fuel lines, oil sump at the stake while scrapping which led to stalling or towing the car if damaged.

Now a days, it is possible to improve GC by almost 2 to 3 cm with aftermarket products with out hampering the handling.

Once we started using the GPS, the battery drains very fast. We had to use 2 phones battery literally for the navigation purpose.
In my experience, once the map of desired route is downloaded, data can be switched off at the beginning of the journey and maps can help you navigate till the destination is reached only with GPS on. Data needs to be on only if you want to reroute.
Battery doesn't drain fast if only GPS is on & data off.

The Beige interior is Honda City will continuously attract the dust & dirt, the interior is gets spoiled.*
Better to buy a vacuum cleaner meant for cars for cleaning the mat & seats frequently. which runs on the mobile charging port which can be stored under the front seat. .

Thread Starter #38

Nice update gandhi, looks good matches perfectly to the honda city theme! [clap] Only thing I could nitpick was the bit loose fitting at the rear seat head rests. But its common in many aftermarket fittings, I dont know why that happens. But good job.
Heartiest congratulations Gandhi for your chocolate.Brilliant ownership report with neatly detailed review you are sharing with images.[clap]
Wish you many happy miles with it.
Seat covers looks superb and i would agree to indian too there is a bit loose fitting near the head rest area on back seats.Visit the accessory store and ask them to get it stretched properly and fit again.
Keep updating.
The seat covers look neat in this format. The "little black" is good in a way, as the car interiors are looking bright with less black on the seats.

You should get that loose fitting removed for better fitting.
Very nice seat covers. Goes extremely well with the interiors.
Thanks for your comments. I was totally don't know how the black will appear. Now I'm confident.

About the wrinkles, I also observed the same while fixing. As the guy who installed is a Muslim, and he is getting late to go for the Ramadan (Ramzan) prayer. So I was not too keen to correct to that time. And the shop guy, given some gyan as "it needs pressing". Currently I don't have passenger to press the seat cover. May be later I will go and correct.

Super congo for the Ashtra.
LOL.

Why are you laughing? Tornado. [;)]

there's a pic of modified grill of a black city on Harry 10,'s thread see if you like it.
Definitely I will have a look.

Buddy, noise is really not required to know if the engine is already idling, rather it is a safe practice to have a look at the MID before cranking.
Most of the diesel mills including mercs are known for some amount of noise. If at all someone is bothered about it, can go for sound dampening sheets under the bonnet & inside the doors.
So it's not a problem. Even I don't felt it as a problem now.

Ideally, swapping them front to rear, either on same side or diagonally should not be a problem IMO. also only tire rotation can be performed rather than the whole wheel.
I'm not worried about too much wrong (or correct) design.

Why he(exclusive Michelin dealer) would accept other brands as possibility of getting a customer for other brands at his shop is almost nil.
It is better to enquire at multi brand dealer for buy back.
Can you please post the specs of music system from owner's manual?
Tried with multi brand dealer also? No use. I will post spec of music system from the manual.

What's your height?
5.7 Feet

That's bad, despite spending more for this varient.
What's the spec of the bulb. ?
As of now, I don't know the spec. I'm just thinking to upgrade with white light. Once I did, I will post the spec.

Unscientific spead breakers in our country is a major reason behind popularity of the mini SUV s in this country.
But if ES also scrapped, we can't blame Hondas, in fact the scrapped part looks to be a part of the exhaust pipe which is not a worrisome thing.
In case of Fiats, during their low GC era, it use to be fuel lines, oil sump at the stake while scrapping which led to stalling or towing the car if damaged.
Now a days, it is possible to improve GC by almost 2 to 3 cm with aftermarket products with out hampering the handling.

In my experience, once the map of desired route is downloaded, data can be switched off at the beginning of the journey and maps can help you navigate till the destination is reached only with GPS on. Data needs to be on only if you want to reroute.
Battery doesn't drain fast if only GPS is on & data off.
I will try it as per your suggestion.

Better to buy a vacuum cleaner meant for cars for cleaning the mat & seats frequently. which runs on the mobile charging port which can be stored under the front seat.
It is also part of my future accessory list.

Last edited:

Laughed because,I thought that obviously if it's first car, the ownership review has to be first.

Anyways, I am wondering why do you feel that underthigh support could have been improved with this height, & were you talking about the front seat or rear? will you please elaborate on this?

Thread Starter #40

Laughed because,I thought that obviously if it's first car, the ownership review has to be first.

Anyways, I am wondering why do you feel that underthigh support could have been improved with this height, & were you talking about the front seat or rear? will you please elaborate on this?
Now I too smile:stupid:

It is for the Rear seat. I'm the pilot of my Ashtra. No issues on seating as of now. Driven till now 1200 KMs on my Ashtra by myself.

Thread Starter #41

Projector Head Lights with DRL

The need of this Accessory:

Situation 1: I had to complete the final lap of my maiden voyage in dark night in my Ashtra (Also my first long night driving, almost for 3 hours). I found very difficult to drive in low beam. I forced to use a high beam continuously which I don’t like it.

Situation 2: Personally I liked the projector head light and DRL facility in high end cars. Even I thought doing in my car at a later stage.

Situation 3: When I went to dealership to enquire about the service, I saw a City fitted with Projector and DRL. It was looking cool.

Situation 4: During my recent visit to UK, I understand the requirement of DRL from driver who drives in Europe Union. It is not just cosmetic accessory. It is a safety device.

After that I had so many other fellow City users also felt the headlight throw is not sufficient to do the night drive. Definitely one day I will be in big trouble because of this head light, so I wanted to eliminate the problem as quick as possible.
As a first step, stopped doing night drive. Also started gathering the information on projector head lights and DRL.

My Options:
1. Install it from the dealer with 6 months warranty, Cost Rs 35000/-.
Felt the cost is high. So I dropped the idea of installing from Dealer.

2. Purchase from online and install in local accessory shop.
I can’t feel Product quality, and appeal with my own eyes. I was in the fear as I may end up with china product. Locating a good dealer to fix another big question mark to me in hyderabd.

3. Located a Accessory shop in Hyderabad. But his contact no is not all reachable for more than 2 weeks. No address was available. I had to drop this person.

4. Best is going for accessory shop, talk; feel about the product and cost. Then Install.
So I decided to search for good accessory shop in Hyderabad to install.

After finishing my official work in Secunderabad, on the way I saw accessory shop. The shop looks to be good one. So I approached the shop with my Ashtra. They accessory shop guy welcomed me. Actually before I ask about the Headlight upgrade, He himself guessed it correct for the first time as “You came here for Headlight upgrade of your Honda City”. I was shock and happy, so I came to the right place. He has shown photos of installation Projector headlamps on dealer display vehicle and other cars starting from swift to Mercedes which he has done in shop.
He gained my confident. I said to him to install. Once I agreed he called the OEM installation guy for the installation. He arrived by 14:30 hrs and started. Took 3hrs to finish the entire job.

I'have updated some of my findings on Projector Head Light cost & DRL in the thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/18055-all-new-honda-city-2014-accessories-modifications.html

1.jpg
The Indian Brand Projector Head Lights with one year warranty.

2.jpg
The work is started now.

3.jpg
Lamp wiring was disconnected

4.jpg
Wiring disconnection is going on the driver side.

5.jpg
Back side of the Head light assembly

6.jpg
H11 Stock lamp in my City.

7.jpg

8.jpg
Parking and indication lamp by Stanley

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg
Heating of Headlight to melt the sealing.

13.jpg
Headlight opening is in progress.

14.jpg
Opened reflector assembly

15.jpg
Glass & grill assembly

16.jpg

17.jpg
DRL Lights

18.jpg
Wiring completed without tampering the original wiring.

19.jpg
DRL is fixed on the headlight

20.jpg
Masked Low beam reflector area.

21.jpg
Projector Lamp

22.jpg
Now angel eye on the head light

23.jpg
Re-fixing of Eye in Eye replacement surgery.

24.jpg
With new better and beautiful eyes. Angel Ashtra got angel eyes.

25.jpg
The OEM installation technician with his good work.

26.jpg
The throw of the light. I'm more satisfied.

Last edited:

Projector Head Lights with DRL

The need of this Accessory:

Situation 1: I had to complete the final lap of my maiden voyage in dark night in my Ashtra (Also my first long night driving, almost for 3 hours). I found very difficult to drive in low beam. I forced to use a high beam continuously which I don’t like it.

Situation 2: Personally I liked the projector head light and DRL facility in high end cars. Even I thought doing in my car at a later stage.

Situation 3: When I went to dealership to enquire about the service, I saw a City fitted with Projector and DRL. It was looking cool.

Situation 4: During my recent visit to UK, I understand the requirement of DRL from driver who drives in Europe Union. It is not just cosmetic accessory. It is a safety device.

After that I had so many other fellow City users also felt the headlight throw is not sufficient to do the night drive. Definitely one day I will be in big trouble because of this head light, so I wanted to eliminate the problem as quick as possible.
As a first step, stopped doing night drive. Also started gathering the information on projector head lights and DRL.

My Options:
1. Install it from the dealer with 6 months warranty, Cost Rs 35000/-.
Felt the cost is high. So I dropped the idea of installing from Dealer.

2. Purchase from online and install in local accessory shop.
I can’t feel Product quality, and appeal with my own eyes. I was in the fear as I may end up with china product. Locating a good dealer to fix another big question mark to me in hyderabd.

3. Located a Accessory shop in Hyderabad. But his contact no is not all reachable for more than 2 weeks. No address was available. I had to drop this person.

4. Best is going for accessory shop, talk; feel about the product and cost. Then Install.
So I decided to search for good accessory shop in Hyderabad to install.

After finishing my official work in Secunderabad, on the way I saw accessory shop. The shop looks to be good one. So I approached the shop with my Ashtra. They accessory shop guy welcomed me. Actually before I ask about the Headlight upgrade, He himself guessed it correct for the first time as “You came here for Headlight upgrade of your Honda City”. I was shock and happy, so I came to the right place. He has shown photos of installation Projector headlamps on dealer display vehicle and other cars starting from swift to Mercedes which he has done in shop.
He gained my confident. I said to him to install. Once I agreed he called the OEM installation guy for the installation. He arrived by 14:30 hrs and started. Took 3hrs to finish the entire job.

I'have updated some of my findings on Projector Head Light cost & DRL in the thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/18055-all-new-honda-city-2014-accessories-modifications.html

View attachment 143286
The Indian Brand Projector Head Lights with one year warranty.

View attachment 143287
The work is started now.

View attachment 143288
Lamp wiring was disconnected

View attachment 143289
Wiring disconnection is going on the driver side.

View attachment 143290
Back side of the Head light assembly

View attachment 143291
H11 Stock lamp in my City.

View attachment 143292

View attachment 143293
Parking and indication lamp by Stanley

View attachment 143294

View attachment 143295

View attachment 143296

View attachment 143297
Heating of Headlight to melt the sealing.

View attachment 143298
Headlight opening is in progress.

View attachment 143299
Opened reflector assembly

View attachment 143300
Glass & grill assembly

View attachment 143301

View attachment 143302
DRL Lights

View attachment 143303
Wiring completed without tampering the original wiring.

View attachment 143304
DRL is fixed on the headlight

View attachment 143305
Masked Low beam reflector area.

View attachment 143306
Projector Lamp

View attachment 143307
Now angel eye on the head light

View attachment 143308
Re-fixing of Eye in Eye replacement surgery.

View attachment 143309
With new better and beautiful eyes. Angel Ashtra got angel eyes.

View attachment 143310
The OEM installation technician with his good work.

View attachment 143311
The throw of the light. I'm more satisfied.
Some Questions
1.As stock setup has different lights for High and Low beam, how bi-xenon works?
2.How Stock high beam light connected after installation i.e will it illuminate if how?
3.Is there any cut on the reflector?
4.Will DRL work on amber while turning on indicators?
5.Final important Question, What is the total cost? [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #43

Some Questions
1.As stock setup has different lights for High and Low beam, how bi-xenon works?
Now it is connected in only Low Beam, as High Beam can't accommodate the projector head light. So Only Low beam works. Currently I have stock high beam lamps, after changing no requirement of high beam for me.

Some Questions
2.How Stock high beam light connected after installation i.e will it illuminate if how?
Stock High beam will function as normal. But you will get yellow light with stock lamps. Projector gives 5000K white & yellow mixture light

Some Questions
3.Is there any cut on the reflector?
Yes, cutout was made in the back side of the reflector to accommodate the projector headlight. Nothing in the front. I have masked the low bear reflector.

4.Will DRL work on amber while turning on indicators?
DRL will turn into amber while turning. As of now, DRL is connected to parking light. Till the technician understand the wiring of Honda City (particularly V & VX) to connect to engine relay without making any wire cut.

5.Final important Question, What is the total cost? [thumbsup]
Total Cost is Rs 34000/- including DRL & masking with 1 year warranty.

Thread Starter #45

The Floor mats

Based on TAI members feedback, I got Digifit 3D floor mats for Ashtra from Snapdeal. But for a Honda City, I selected for a black one.

4.jpg

1.jpg
Driver Side

2.jpg
Co-Driver side

3.jpg
Rear Seat.

The fit & furnish is fine.

This mat is available in two colour. one is Black, and another one is Beige (TAN)

If you want to have a look of a beige mat, look in @Indian Zuria Honda City thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/16922-my-white-lovely-zuria-honda-city-2014-ivtec-vx-mt-ownership-review-5.html#post383831

Last edited:

Top Bottom