Honda City Diesel Review - Vasantha Ashtra – Golden Brown

Re: Vasantha Ashtra – Honda City i-Dtec 2014 – Golden Brown

Congratulations on You're Golden Brown Beauty and Happy Motoring. Drive Safe

Congratulations. Awesome write up. Good coverage of pros and cons.:)

Gandhi Ji,

Excellent review, Liked each and everypart of writing and Pics, Awesome [clap]

BTW, have a millions of Happy Kms with Ashtra [:)]

Thread Starter #20

My First Accessory for my Vasantha Ashtra

I already posted a ganesha pic which I bought from Vaitheeswaran Temple. But I'm not so happy to place it on my Ashtra's Dashboard. I searched for another one. Next day I went Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple in Pondicherry. I know, I can get good ganesha Idol. After chatting with my friend (worshiping with Ganesha), I purchased a Ganesh Idol.

1.jpg

But I had touch times to stick into the dash board of my Ashtra.

2.jpg

Thread Starter #21

Alcohol City to Biryani City

Alcohol City: You will get alcohol everywhere but once Pondicherry is fame for its cheaper price for all drinks.

Biryani City: Yow will get Biryani anywhere but Hyderabad is famous for its Biryani worldwide.

route hyd.jpg

Thanks AppU, Gurrala for helping me to finalize this route.

Load Details: 3 Gents +1 lady Adults, 1 Child. Boot full of loads with rice, provisional items.

I hired a driver to drop myself, my family and my Ashtra to Hyderabad. (Because of family pressure, family pressurized me not to drive so long for the first time [frustration]). I let my driver enjoy the Ashtra’s power.

Road Condition: Excellent Road condition.

Other Condition: [rules] I told the driver not to cross 80 KMPH as my Ashtra crossed only 700 KMs. Condition for myself just to sit the navigator seat and guide the driver. Observe the road, traffic condition and observe the driver how he drives on the highway. So that next time I can drive it with more confidence.

We planned to start by 6:30AM. We comfortably got delayed till 8:00AM. This is the first time; we didn’t get pressurized that we will miss our transport. :smile:

When I reached the Andra border, varuna bhagvan welcomed us with his showers.

First Breaks in Chittor – Just for refreshment

We took our 2nd Break after Madanapalle for our lunch at around 14:30hrs. The restaurant location was below the hills. The atmosphere is was very good. We ordered for Biryani which is average. Curd rice is awesome. Looks like the curry and roti also good. I prefer to eat in the same place for the next time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I was eagerly waiting to reach the Hyderabad to Bangalore Highway to see my Ashtra’s power. While we are heading to Kadri, we have to cross a road X junction with speed breakers on all side of the roads. Oouch…! My Ashtra got scrapped at the bottom. We have to get down the car, to clear the speed breakers. My driver slowly reversed her, and crossed the speed breaker from the other side. Again we boarded into the car. Immediately after the crossing road, we found the same kind of speed breaker. My driver stopped, we came out of the car. Ashtra smoothly passed over the speed breaker.
The SPEED BREAKER is not scientific; it was made by stones and sand by locals to avoid accidents. I hope only trucks and buses only can clear the speed breaker. Back side of one i20, Ecosport got scrapped in the same speed breaker.

scrap.jpg
Taken during the first service.

Once we touched the Hyderabad – Bangalore highway rain started. We got delayed also. My Ashtra crossed the mark of 1000KMs. So my driver increased the speed upto 100 KMPH while raining. She was gliding very smoothly in washed road.

Again we took a mini break for tea and snacks after Mahbubnagar.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

We took our 3rd break after the Siddapur for the dinner. I missed my favorite Highway restaurant while coming. So finally we stopped at a Hotel by 23:00hrs for the Dinner. We had Roti & Chappathi which is very good. My phone battery was down, so no photos this time.

Finally we reached our home @ 00:30hrs.

Total KMs covered : 817 KMs with mileage of 20.3 KMPL.

Last edited:

Excellent review Gandhi, agree with your assessment in every area 100%. Once again congratulations and wishing you happy miles ahead. The projector and LED headlamps would change the whole frontal appearance dramatically(waiting for something from Honda, but I have no hope)

Keep updating the thread. Rating this thread 5* [clap]

Great review with lots of details. Nice to know that you enjoyed the ride Hyderabad.

Sad that your Ashtra got scratched at the bottom due to unscientific speed breakers.

Thread Starter #24

Congratulations on You're Golden Brown Beauty and Happy Motoring.
Congratulations. Awesome write up. Good coverage of pros and cons.
Gandhi Ji,

Excellent review, Liked each and everypart of writing and Pics, Awesome

BTW, have a millions of Happy Kms with Ashtra
Thanks for you wishes and the comment about the review.

Sorry AppU, I couldn't meet you while coming and the decided route skipped vellore. When I come next time, I will try to meet you.

Excellent review Gandhi, agree with your assessment in every area 100%. Once again congratulations and wishing you happy miles ahead. The projector and LED headlamps would change the whole frontal appearance dramatically(waiting for something from Honda, but I have no hope)

Keep updating the thread. Rating this thread 5* [clap]
Thanks Indian. Still I have hope, Honda may bring Projector head lamps and DRL. Otherwise may be a package with MuGen.

Thanks for the rating. BTW, I couldn't see the stars in the thread. How to check the stars? [confused]

Great review with lots of details. Nice to know that you enjoyed the ride Hyderabad.

Sad that your Ashtra got scratched at the bottom due to unscientific speed breakers.
Thanks Masti, Initially I was worried, after seeing scratch got relaxed a bit.

Thread Starter #25

Power Socket Mobile Charger

Power Socket: Yes, It is called as a power socket. No more Cigarette lighter socket. I just stopped or re-named as a Power Socket when my daughter is asked about it.

Accessory Requirement Story:
When we got a new car, we planned to go for a trip. Everything was set ready for trip started the trip. Once we started using the GPS, the battery drains very fast. We had to use 2 phones battery literally for the navigation purpose.
Here the savior comes; I had USB data cable for Samsung Grand in my bag. I took the cable and inserted in USB port of ICE. Wow…! Mobile started charging. Till that time we have to use only FM. No Auxiliary audio.

1.jpg 2.jpg

So the next day, went to local accessory shop and looked for mobile chargers. I was shown the basic models, I rejected. Finally I was shown this model, I liked this model.

Avery-9-in1-Multipurpose-Charger-SDL113473605-1-75e96.jpg

Total chargers considered: 5 Nos, Cost : Rs 350

Selection Criteria: It has 8 ports. Charging cable can be disconnected from the Charger. It has USB port, so other USB chargers can be connected. We use 2 Samsung brand phone & one apple iPad in our family. Single USB charging cable is enough for my application. I don’t want to play to many cables at a time. If any guests need it I can provide the charging cable.

Avery Car Mobile Charger:

3.jpg 4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg

This Pawl gear mechanism helps to fold the charger

7.jpg

Charging cable can be disconnected from Charger. It is just a USB connection

8.jpg

9.jpg 10.jpg

The charger glows in Blue colour when connected to the power socket.

But unfortunately my apple iPad is not charging by using the charger. Even it is not getting charged from my laptop also. Then I searched for reason for not charging. I think, Apple iPad requires 10W to charge it. But the USB ports in laptop and in my mobile charger are not able to generate 10W. So I am looking for another charger. When I search for 10W charger I saw Belkin 10W chargers.

belkin 1 port.JPG

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Belkin-2-1-Amp-Fast-Car-Charger-for-Smartphones-Tablets-Apple-Samsung-Nokia-/201113368003?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item2ed34a75c3&_uhb=1

Belkin charger 2 ports.JPG

http://www.ebay.in/itm/2-1Amp-2-Port-Belkin-USB-Car-Charger-Charge-Data-Cable-iPhone-5G-5S-5C-iPad-iPod-/361000232156?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item540d4a64dc&_uhb=1

I have 2 other power sockets @ rear A/C vent in my Ashtra, Why I want to purchase a mobile charger when already I have one with me? So I’m looking for a Laptop, Apple iPad and Camera Battery charger.

11.jpg

laptop charger 1.JPG

http://www.ebay.in/itm/TARGUS-POWER-INVERTER-CAR-CHARGER-USB-CHARGING-200W-FOR-TABLET-LAPTOP-IPAD-/121380363789?pt=IN_Laptop_Desktop_Accessories&hash=item1c42d55e0d&_uhb=1

laptop charger 2.JPG

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ne-sam-DUCASSO-car-charger-power-inverter-with-usb-for-laptop-mobile-/111415163378?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item19f0dc79f2&_uhb=1

I'm looking for good laptop, apple iPad and Camera Battery charger. If you have any other suggestion, inform me.

Last edited:

....Thanks Indian. Still I have hope, Honda may bring Projector head lamps and DRL. Otherwise may be a package with MuGen.

Thanks for the rating. BTW, I couldn't see the stars in the thread. How to check the stars? [confused]

Please keep me informed about the projectors as you come across anything. Regarding the stars, please check the right hand top corner on your thread. You should see 5 golden stars shining under the title 'Rating'. [:)]

Thread Starter #27

Please keep me informed about the projectors as you come across anything. Regarding the stars, please check the right hand top corner on your thread. You should see 5 golden stars shining under the title 'Rating'. [:)]
I got a quote for Projectors Headlight for City 2014 from Hyderabad Dealer.

Projectors with DRL (Tube type like Audi) - Rs 35000/-.

Projectors without DRL - Rs 25000/-.

Not enquired about the Brand because felt the cost of very high for Projectors.

Oh..[surprise] I could able to identify the stars. Still learning in the forum.

Thread Starter #29

Such a excellent thread, deserves 5 stars.
Thanks Anand [:)]. I will be coming to Pondy during diwali time. I planne dot come to Chindambaram and have a Lunch in Puthur Jayaraman Mess. During that time I like to meet you and your city.

Thread Starter #30

Vasantha Ashtra’s first Health Checkup after running 1500 KMs.

Before taking the delivery of my Ashtra:
On the way from official work from Hyderabad City, surprisingly I saw the Honda dealership in Hyderabad. I stopped myself and want to see, "how a Golden Brown Honda City will look" and to enquire about the service, accessories.

I saw a golden brown city in dealership. I enquired about the service. Luckily they had special service centre which is around 7KM away from House. Service Manger is happily interacted, cleared some of my doubts including the tyre upgrade.

They offered me free pickup and drop of my car if my residence in within 10KM from the service centre.

After taking the delivery of my Ashtra:
By the time I reach my home in Hyderabad, my Ashtra finished 1500KMs. I called the service centre to book the appointment. As I had a little bit fear to drive in the worst Hyderabad traffic, I asked for pickup service. Shockingly the lady told me, pickup and drop will be charged.
I decided myself to drive, and taken my Ashtra to the service centre after searching a bit.

After I reached the service advisor greeted me and assisted in my service. I enquired about the free pickup and drop. He said, the policy was changed a month back (some stories I believe). He offered me a free drop of my Ashtra to my Home, but I don’t have any other transport arrangement to go to my office which 15KMs away from service centre. So I denied it.

After getting my Ashtra, It will be the first time; I will go to my office. My entire office is waiting to see my Ashtra. Service advisor noted all the details, and dent which needs to be repainted. He explained about the underbody coating, I agreed for underbody coating. It costed me of Rs 3933/-. Finally he told it will take 4 hours totally.

I was taken to the Customer Lounge to wait till my Ashtra is ready. They offered me chilled water first, followed by a Hot Tea based on my requirement. Then I started my official work by sitting inside the customer Lounge.

2.jpg
Pic taken from Customer Lounge.

I informed to service advisor to see my Ashtra once the coating is completed. Also want to check the under body scratch which we had during our journey to Hyderabad.

1.jpg
Under-body scratch while coming to Hyderabad.

Exactly after 3.5 hours my Ashtra was shining, and ready to ride the miles ahead infront of her. Technicians were working during lunch break also to keep the timeline. Finally I called the service advisor, to solve a synchronization issue with my mobile.

3.jpg
The dent and scratches were neatly painted. Ashtra's scratch is not visible, but scar made me to feel take good care of her.

4.jpg

5.jpg
Underbody coating with 5 years Warranty

Some other photos...
fuel tank.jpg

sus 1.jpg

sus 2.jpg

sus 3.jpg

sus 4.jpg

My mobile is connection with Head unit stopped half way in between while synchronization. It may be my fault. But after that I could able to connect my phone with Head unit. Service Team tried a lot for 30 mins to correct, and tried different 10 phones but they could not get succeed. Finally his service Manger helped me and connected my phone with head unit.

I drove my Ashtra out of service station happily to my office.

out 1.jpg

out 2.jpg

In my office area...
out 3.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom