Honda City Diesel Review - Vasantha Ashtra – Golden Brown

Thread Starter #61
Re: Vasantha Ashtra – Honda City i-Dtec 2014 – Golden Brown

1.jpg

Ashtra, crossed the mark of 3000 KMs on the Occasion of my Weddining Anniversary. [:D]

Thread Starter #62

How to delete the Paired Mobile Phone from Head Unit.

Background: My brother has tried to pair my phone. Then I had started moving the Ashtra. The pairing was not completed successfully (This has happened on our Maiden Voyage) . Then we tried to pair the device, we could not get succeed.

Referred the Manual. Final result is useless, the manual is not able to address our issue. Even deleting the device is not mentioned in the manual.

I took this issue during my first service with Service Adviser. He could not able to delete the my device. He called the expert who is used to work on Honda Headunits, tried for 45 mins but could not make it success.

Finally the service Manager did the job in just 5 mins. [clap] I was so happy. On the other side Honda placed this option where the user will not access to delete the paired devices.

a.jpg
List of Paired Devices. I want to delete Wave 525. Because not connected properly.

1.jpg
Now I will tell you the process to delete the paired phone.

2.jpg
Press the Phone icon button.

3.jpg
Phone Menu Opens.

4.jpg
Go to Phone Setup & Select Phone Setup

5.jpg
In Phone Setup menu, Select Bluetooth Setup

6.jpg
Bluetooth Menu opens

7.jpg
In Bluetooth Menu, come down and select Delete Device.

9.jpg
In Delete Device, list of paired devices will be shown. Select the device (Wave 525) and delete.

10.jpg
Confirm the delete.

11.jpg
Now the device successfully deleted.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #63

High Beam Upgrade

Background: As my projector is spreading the white light with 5000 Kelvin. The Stock high beam was yellow colour. When I switch on High beam, the white & yellow combination doesn't look good. Stock high beam bulb replaced with white light with the tint of blue. The Kelvin Rating is 4300.

Philips-Crystal-Vision-HB3-Headlight-Bulbs-2_480_480.jpg

Now the results..

Low Beam
low.jpg

High Beam
high.jpg

Only Yellow Fog.
fog.jpg

How my Ashtra looks when her eyes glows at night.

Low Beam + DRL
low 2.jpg

High Beam + DRL
high 2.jpg

Low Beam + DRL + Fog
low fog.jpg

High Beam + DRL + Fog
high fog.jpg

High Beam Upgrade

Background: As my projector is spreading the white light with 5000 Kelvin. The Stock high beam was yellow colour. When I switch on High beam, the white & yellow combination doesn't look good. Stock high beam bulb replaced with white light with the tint of blue. The Kelvin Rating is 4300.

Looks really great gandhi, the light spread looks now powerful [clap]
But now it looks like you have to change the fog lamps to white light! [;)]

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

@ Gandhi

Your bulb upgrade is really interesting.
Hope, it must be a plug and play.
The ‘ultra’ must be better than old Philips crystal view type and now should have no issues like narrow and focused beam..

Hope, You would have also seen this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNk-qdpvHw
Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #66

Looks really great gandhi, the light spread looks now powerful [clap]
Yes Indian, Now the throw of the light very good. Now I'm relaxed while driving.

But now it looks like you have to change the fog lamps to white light! [;)]
Yes. If I have go for appearance sack, I need to change it.

But the White fog light will not perform his duty much better during the fogs / Mist / Rainy. Technically we should maintain Yellow. Yellow light to penetrate the fog much better than white light.

Kelvin Rating with Colour of light.
3,000K – yellow
4,300K – pure white
6,000K – pure white with a subtle hint of blue
8,000K – baby blue
10,000K –deep blue
12,000K – purple

a.jpg

@ Gandhi

Your bulb upgrade is really interesting.
Hope, it must be a plug and play.
The ‘ultra’ must be better than old Philips crystal view type and now should have no issues like narrow and focused beam..

Hope, You would have also seen this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNk-qdpvHw
Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thanks Doc. The bulb is plug and play only. Already I watched this particular video.

When I decided to upgrade the light Kelvin rating, gone thru Philips web. It given the details about the Crystal Vision. I could not see any "ultra" in their web. In market also I could get only Crystal vision. Not Crystal Vision Ultra. Mostly the both bulbs Specs are also matching. May be they could have changed the name.

Thread Starter #67

Horn Upgrade

Background: During our journey from Pondicherry to Hyderabad, my Ashtra was driven by a driver. One of the first thing he commented is horn was not audible / effective to make a way. But I'm not in favour to increase the noise pollution level. Really not interested to make others runaway while honking. So I am continuing with stock horn.

Here the situations were started changing slowly. Thick skin People (the thickness of the skin grows on daily) were not moving / giving way at all to my Ashtra. When I drive the Ashtra, my ashtra uses to tear the wind. It really demands the way when it asks for a situation.

So one fine day, changed my Ashtra's whistle.

I looked for Hella / Roots reliable horn. Not so interested on electronic fancy horn which whistle horribly.

In my search, I'm not able to find Roots horn near my home. I got good Hella horns.

a.JPG

The below horns were called as Skoda type Horns.
b.jpg

c.jpg

The Red horn sound is not impressed me. So I gave red signal. Finally I chosen the Black Hella Whistle for her (Ashtra ) to coolly blow it whenever & wherever his master needs it.

The both horn were installed under the hood directly in-front of driver. The driver can hear the sound very clear than others.
11.jpg
12.jpg
I hope it looks like a bike horn. I was surprised to see a 10 lac car is having a horn like 2 wheeler.

The new whistle
13.jpg

Result: Ashtra whistles very nicely, and seen people started respecting her presence on road. [:D]

Last edited:

Nicely done. I am thinking of doing the same. Some details please-
Cost
Which model
Did you go with a relay
If possible a small audio clip of how the horn sounds now.

Cost
Which model
Did you go with a relay
+1 , Even i want to upgrade. Gandhi, details please

Thread Starter #70

Cost
Which model
Did you go with a relay
+1 , Even i want to upgrade. Gandhi, details please
Model: Black Twin Tone Trumpet Horn
Make : Hella
12 V, 500Hz,
Power Consumption: 2 x 72 W
Cost = Around 1000 with installation.
As per spec it comes with relay. I was not able to watch the installation (Thanks to long office call).

Audio clip - currently planning to go to native, will soon post the audio clip.

How to post the audio clip, please guide.

Thread Starter #72

Presentation1.jpg

Ashtra crosses the 5000 KMs on 29 Sep 2014 after visiting Chidambaram, Tamilnadu during our trip to Pichavaram & Chidambaram.

Good choice on horns gandhi. Skoda type horns are very good and doesn't hurt ears. However, should be installed in such a way that water doesn't get it.

I have got Bosch symphony horns many months back. Check the following posts, #270, #281, #282 for details and #547 for snaps.

harry10, mgobinathbe look for both brands (Hella and Bosch) and choice which ever is cheap. I believe both are good in quality and sound same.

Last edited:

I read somewhere using the relay will void warranty. That's why i am not getting horn changed till this is confirmed. Is it true?

I read somewhere using the relay will void warranty. That's why i am not getting horn changed till this is confirmed. Is it true?
Indeed but relay is not needed. At-least we (I and Dr MUDHAN) didn't used. For red grill and bigger horns, you may need relay.

Go ahead and fix some good horns. Front bumper has to be removed so best if its done in service center.

Last edited:

Top Bottom