Honda City Diesel Review - Vasantha Ashtra – Golden Brown

Thread Starter #46
Re: Vasantha Ashtra – Honda City i-Dtec 2014 – Golden Brown

What about the Trunk mat?

Cleaning the Trunk will be very difficult because of spares tyre was hidden in the trunk. I was worried about cleaning the trunk. So decided to get a 3D mat trunk also. But in online purchase I couldn't able to find it.

Earlier I ordered, the Digifit 3D mat in Snapdeal. Along with the mats, I received the pamphlet of Digifit mats. I could able to find the trunk mat in their pamphlet. And surprisingly, Digifit manufacturer from Hyderabad itself. I called Digifit to get the Trunk mat.

The guy told me, you come here and purchase it. Surprising the Cost is Rs 550/-. [surprise].
Earlier I enquired some accessories shop and dealer for trunk mat also the cost varies from Rs 1500/- to Rs 1800/-.[frustration]

I went to Digifit Office today and collected trunk mat for my new Honda City. Also he told me it is not available in online due to shipping issues.

zz.jpg
Digifit Trunk mat in black. Also available in Beige colour.

zzz.jpg
Look at the fitting. It is nice, clearly fitting the trunk in new Honda City.

What about the Trunk mat?

...I went to Digifit Office today and collected trunk mat for my new Honda City. Also he told me it is not available in online due to shipping issues.
Yep, even I wanted the trunk mats but was told not available online. So your next visit to Mangalore you have to get one for me. [evil]

That trunk mat looks superb and fits well on your city.
Yes at times accessorries stores as well at dealer part we are often looted for double the prices for few things which we can get avail from outside like your trunk matts.

Hey man those projector lights installation is great and improve the overall gesture of the car. Nice to know that your installation is on great side. [clap]
BTW have you faced in problem of fogging in headlights during rainy season after the installtion of those projectors??

Thread Starter #51

Hey man those projector lights installation is great and improve the overall gesture of the car. Nice to know that your installation is on great side. [clap]
BTW have you faced in problem of fogging in headlights during rainy season after the installtion of those projectors??
After the installation, I drove back to Home. I found fogging in both headlights. Called the installation guy, I told him. He told, it will be normal as he opened the air tight headlamp assembly. Then sealed assembly with air which is having having moisture.

The installation guy asked me to wait for 1 day and see. It vanishes within a day. And the fogging never came back. I drove in rain today. Cross checked it again today. No fogging issues.

Attached Pics for your reference.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Thread Starter #52

Products purchased for my Ashtra based TAI-gers Experience

1. Jopasu Car Duster - A good car duster. Most of them know about its performance. Thanks to Dr. Mudhan. I bought it from Car accessory shop who made a seat cover for my car for Rs 600/-. Online prices were Rs 660. As I wanted immediately, I purchased from accessory Shop.

Jopasu car duster.JPG

2. Microfibre Cloth - Enough detailing available in Dr. Mudhan's Post. Thanks to Dr. Mudhan.
Got this as a gift from Car Accessory Shop who installed Projector Headlight in my car. Currently using only for Windshield cleaning. Happy with performance.

MF C 1.jpg
MF C 2.jpg

Attached the link for your Reference.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/15183-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics.html#post344035

3. Car Perfume - My Shaldan

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus.html#post323241

From the above link, I got a knowledge about "My Shaldon" car perfume. I was using a Air freshner from Aurobindo Ashram (Sandal flavor) temporarily till I get the My Shaldon. (Already ordered from Snapdeal). But suddenly I had guest in my Ashtra for a drop. He commented that still the plastic smell is fresh, why don't you put an air freshner? Then I showed the Sandal Room Freshner, He liked the smell. Gives a divine status to my Ashtra. But it does not last long which is obvious. Still searching the way to make it automatic.

Immediately purchased a Ampi pur. But I could not install in the center above the head unit. It will create the scratches in the glossy head unit. So fixed in left side A/C vent. So worked for 2 days. I had to visit a car accessory shop during the search of Projector Headlight. I found My Shaldan. I purchased the apple flavor and started using. I liked the apple flavor. Snapdeal order also after much delay. Thanks to Dr. Mudhan for his research on Car perfume.

Shaldon apple.jpg

Shaldon squash.JPG

Thread Starter #53

After the installation, I drove back to Home. I found fogging in both headlights. Called the installation guy, I told him. He told, it will be normal as he opened the air tight headlamp assembly. Then sealed assembly with air which is having having moisture.

The installation guy asked me to wait for 1 day and see. It vanishes within a day. And the fogging never came back. I drove in rain today. Cross checked it again today. No fogging issues.

Attached Pics for your reference.
View attachment 143917

View attachment 143918
Today washed my Ashtra for the 2nd time from professional car cleaners after installation of Projector Head lights. No penetration of Water into the Headlight Assembly. [:D]

Thread Starter #54

My Audio Bank - Sandisk 16GB Flash drive

I'm a thamizhan (tamilian) who lives in Hyderabad, I don't turn on the FM at all in Andra & Telangana because of language issue. I need a good audio bank to store all my songs.

Initially I maintained 3 different flash drives.
1. Devotional
2. Collection of Songs - liked by the family.
3. New releases - to validate the new songs (Once it liked, will be moved to the earlier one).

I become bored to replace the flash drives to hear the selected songs. So I’m looking for a flash dive which can accommodate all songs in one drive. Finally I got a success for my flash Drive Search in Snapdeal.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sandisk-sdcz15-16gb-pen-drive/1389858

SanDisk-SDCZ15-16GB-Pen-Drive-SDL330307913-1-b99da.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
Flash Drive inserted in its port.

4.jpg
The Audio bank door closed. It is safe inside. Not at all projected.

Now all the songs in a single drive with above named folder. Pics in root to change the wall paper of Head Unit. Plays the songs without any issue. It is one of best pen drive for Honda City

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55

Projector Head Lights with DRL

The need of this Accessory:

Situation 1: I had to complete the final lap of my maiden voyage in dark night in my Ashtra (Also my first long night driving, almost for 3 hours). I found very difficult to drive in low beam. I forced to use a high beam continuously which I don’t like it.........

Hi,
I joined recently so just got the opportunity to go through your thread. Nice work done by you for Honda City [clap].
By any chance can we install the same in 2012 Honda City, as i have VMT model 2012 Honda city and want to have this DRL & Projector for my lady too [:D] .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #57

Hi,
I joined recently so just got the opportunity to go through your thread. Nice work done by you for Honda City [clap].
By any chance can we install the same in 2012 Honda City, as i have VMT model 2012 Honda city and want to have this DRL & Projector for my lady too [:D] .
Thanks gopi for your comments.

You can install in you City also without having much issues. Just go to proper accessory shop in Bangalore. And ask for Bi-Xenon Projector Head lamp and Tube DRL like Audi type and you can ask them to install it.

I installed this setup with my limited knowledge, after that I found the below thread in TAI. Some good nice modifications were posted in this thread. I hope you can see Honda City 2012 also. Once you go thru below thread, you will have better knowledge to speak to the accessory shops.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/1624-hid-xenons-headlamps-discussions-queries.html

Last edited:

Thanks gopi for your comments.

You can install in you City also without having much issues. Just go to proper accessory shop in Bangalore. And ask for Bi-Xenon Projector Head lamp and Tube DRL like Audi type and you can ask them to install it.

I installed this setup with my limited knowledge, after that I found the below thread in TAI. Some good nice modifications were posted in this thread. I hope you can see Honda City 2012 also. Once you go thru below thread, you will have better knowledge to speak to the accessory shops.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/1624-hid-xenons-headlamps-discussions-queries.html
Thanks a lot Gandhi,
Will go through this thread, by the way where are your from in TN, as am from Madurai.

Thread Starter #59

Thanks a lot Gandhi,
Will go through this thread, by the way where are your from in TN, as am from Madurai.
Welcome Gopi. (The purpose of TAI to share information and knowledge)

I'm from Pondicherry, you can view my profile for more details. PM me for more personlised chats.

Thread Starter #60
Dash Board Photo Frame

Background: We all carry our loved one's photo in their purse, office table, phone, laptop, Desktop etc...and the list continues. We keep photo to make us smile, show our love, give support. As I am working in manufacturing industry, it is one of my prime responsibility to send my Colleague back to their family in a safe manner (as they came for work).

Most of the men are motivated to get excel in their activity / work / business to keep the family and loved one's in good condition. Keeping the photo in dash will makes me happy, feel my family good, makes me to drive safe and responsible.

Searched in Snapdeal, ebay and other sites. Interestingly found lot of good options.

Visor Photo Frame Holder
Visor Frame Photo Holder.jpg

Visor Frame Photo Holder 2.jpg

I could not go with this product. As it mounted over head, it is not servicing the purpose.

Clipon Photo Frame Holder
Clipon Dash boad.jpg
Somehow I'm not convince to go for this model due to following reasons.
1. It will blind the some are a ACC vent.
2. It may create the scratches in my glossy Honda City dash panel.

Dashboard Stick-on Photo Frame

exo_photo_frame_06.jpg

autocome-neo-photo-frame_03.jpg

Fouring-Blacklabel-photo-frame_03.jpg

This is product may satisfy my requirement. So I finalized my method of fixing, and searching for good appealing photo frame in my Ashtra's Dash.

Before ordering I have found this sweet method.

gv1.jpg

I could put our photo's in Head unit display. And it remains as a digital display without any spend. Wow [:D]

Top Bottom