Honda City Diesel Review - Vasantha Ashtra – Golden Brown

Re: Vasantha Ashtra – Honda City i-Dtec 2014 – Golden Brown

Hi,
Kindly let me know the make of the projectors and angel eyes and whether they are performing flawlessly till date.
Also whether the 'Head Light Adjust Switch' will become nonfunctional after this upgrade from Halogen to HID.
Regards, Raj

Projector Head Lights with DRL

The need of this Accessory:

Situation 1: I had to complete the final lap of my maiden voyage in dark night in my Ashtra (Also my first long night driving, almost for 3 hours). I found very difficult to drive in low beam. I forced to use a high beam continuously which I don’t like it.

Situation 2: Personally I liked the projector head light and DRL facility in high end cars. Even I thought doing in my car at a later stage.

Situation 3: When I went to dealership to enquire about the service, I saw a City fitted with Projector and DRL. It was looking cool.

Situation 4: During my recent visit to UK, I understand the requirement of DRL from driver who drives in Europe Union. It is not just cosmetic accessory. It is a safety device.

After that I had so many other fellow City users also felt the headlight throw is not sufficient to do the night drive. Definitely one day I will be in big trouble because of this head light, so I wanted to eliminate the problem as quick as possible.
As a first step, stopped doing night drive. Also started gathering the information on projector head lights and DRL.

My Options:
1. Install it from the dealer with 6 months warranty, Cost Rs 35000/-.
Felt the cost is high. So I dropped the idea of installing from Dealer.

2. Purchase from online and install in local accessory shop.
I can’t feel Product quality, and appeal with my own eyes. I was in the fear as I may end up with china product. Locating a good dealer to fix another big question mark to me in hyderabd.

3. Located a Accessory shop in Hyderabad. But his contact no is not all reachable for more than 2 weeks. No address was available. I had to drop this person.

4. Best is going for accessory shop, talk; feel about the product and cost. Then Install.
So I decided to search for good accessory shop in Hyderabad to install.

After finishing my official work in Secunderabad, on the way I saw accessory shop. The shop looks to be good one. So I approached the shop with my Ashtra. They accessory shop guy welcomed me. Actually before I ask about the Headlight upgrade, He himself guessed it correct for the first time as “You came here for Headlight upgrade of your Honda City”. I was shock and happy, so I came to the right place. He has shown photos of installation Projector headlamps on dealer display vehicle and other cars starting from swift to Mercedes which he has done in shop.
He gained my confident. I said to him to install. Once I agreed he called the OEM installation guy for the installation. He arrived by 14:30 hrs and started. Took 3hrs to finish the entire job.

I'have updated some of my findings on Projector Head Light cost & DRL in the thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...onda-city-2014-accessories-modifications.html

View attachment 143286
The Indian Brand Projector Head Lights with one year warranty.

View attachment 143287
The work is started now.

View attachment 143288
Lamp wiring was disconnected

View attachment 143289
Wiring disconnection is going on the driver side.

View attachment 143290
Back side of the Head light assembly

View attachment 143291
H11 Stock lamp in my City.

View attachment 143292

View attachment 143293
Parking and indication lamp by Stanley

View attachment 143294

View attachment 143295

View attachment 143296

View attachment 143297
Heating of Headlight to melt the sealing.

View attachment 143298
Headlight opening is in progress.

View attachment 143299
Opened reflector assembly

View attachment 143300
Glass & grill assembly

View attachment 143301

View attachment 143302
DRL Lights

View attachment 143303
Wiring completed without tampering the original wiring.

View attachment 143304
DRL is fixed on the headlight

View attachment 143305
Masked Low beam reflector area.

View attachment 143306
Projector Lamp

View attachment 143307
Now angel eye on the head light

View attachment 143308
Re-fixing of Eye in Eye replacement surgery.

View attachment 143309
With new better and beautiful eyes. Angel Ashtra got angel eyes.

View attachment 143310
The OEM installation technician with his good work.

View attachment 143311
The throw of the light. I'm more satisfied.

Thread Starter #245

Hi,
Kindly let me know the make of the projectors and angel eyes and whether they are performing flawlessly till date.
Also whether the 'Head Light Adjust Switch' will become nonfunctional after this upgrade from Halogen to HID.
Regards, Raj
Raj,

Make of the Projector is Genome. I'm happy about the performance of the projector. Head Light adjust switch is functioning after the replacement.

a BIG congratulations for Brand New Honda City,
City is indeed a great Car,
even my city VX mt Diesel purchase plan was due in May, but now its postponed to September.
can you tell me how City behaves in reverse gear on ramp.
does it gives jerks?
I got Innova and duster, Innova does very smooth on that ramp in Reverse gear, but duster gives strong jerks, sometimes it becomes too strong and I need to stop, go down, and try again with little speed.

even I've tried swift dzire on that ramp, just to check, but dzire also handles it smoothly.

Last edited:

Projector Head Lights with DRL

The need of this Accessory:

Situation 1: I had to complete the final lap of my maiden voyage in dark night in my Ashtra (Also my first long night driving, almost for 3 hours). I found very difficult to drive in low beam. I forced to use a high beam continuously which I don’t like it.

Situation 2: Personally I liked the projector head light and DRL facility in high end cars. Even I thought doing in my car at a later stage.

Situation 3: When I went to dealership to enquire about the service, I saw a City fitted with Projector and DRL. It was looking cool.

Situation 4: During my recent visit to UK, I understand the requirement of DRL from driver who drives in Europe Union. It is not just cosmetic accessory. It is a safety device.

After that I had so many other fellow City users also felt the headlight throw is not sufficient to do the night drive. Definitely one day I will be in big trouble because of this head light, so I wanted to eliminate the problem as quick as possible.
As a first step, stopped doing night drive. Also started gathering the information on projector head lights and DRL.

My Options:
1. Install it from the dealer with 6 months warranty, Cost Rs 35000/-.
Felt the cost is high. So I dropped the idea of installing from Dealer.

2. Purchase from online and install in local accessory shop.
I can’t feel Product quality, and appeal with my own eyes. I was in the fear as I may end up with china product. Locating a good dealer to fix another big question mark to me in hyderabd.

3. Located a Accessory shop in Hyderabad. But his contact no is not all reachable for more than 2 weeks. No address was available. I had to drop this person.

4. Best is going for accessory shop, talk; feel about the product and cost. Then Install.
So I decided to search for good accessory shop in Hyderabad to install.

After finishing my official work in Secunderabad, on the way I saw accessory shop. The shop looks to be good one. So I approached the shop with my Ashtra. They accessory shop guy welcomed me. Actually before I ask about the Headlight upgrade, He himself guessed it correct for the first time as “You came here for Headlight upgrade of your Honda City”. I was shock and happy, so I came to the right place. He has shown photos of installation Projector headlamps on dealer display vehicle and other cars starting from swift to Mercedes which he has done in shop.
He gained my confident. I said to him to install. Once I agreed he called the OEM installation guy for the installation. He arrived by 14:30 hrs and started. Took 3hrs to finish the entire job.

I'have updated some of my findings on Projector Head Light cost & DRL in the thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/18055-all-new-honda-city-2014-accessories-modifications.html

View attachment 143286
The Indian Brand Projector Head Lights with one year warranty.

View attachment 143287
The work is started now.

View attachment 143288
Lamp wiring was disconnected

View attachment 143289
Wiring disconnection is going on the driver side.

View attachment 143290
Back side of the Head light assembly

View attachment 143291
H11 Stock lamp in my City.

View attachment 143292

View attachment 143293
Parking and indication lamp by Stanley

View attachment 143294

View attachment 143295

View attachment 143296

View attachment 143297
Heating of Headlight to melt the sealing.

View attachment 143298
Headlight opening is in progress.

View attachment 143299
Opened reflector assembly

View attachment 143300
Glass & grill assembly

View attachment 143301

View attachment 143302
DRL Lights

View attachment 143303
Wiring completed without tampering the original wiring.

View attachment 143304
DRL is fixed on the headlight

View attachment 143305
Masked Low beam reflector area.

View attachment 143306
Projector Lamp

View attachment 143307
Now angel eye on the head light

View attachment 143308
Re-fixing of Eye in Eye replacement surgery.

View attachment 143309
With new better and beautiful eyes. Angel Ashtra got angel eyes.

View attachment 143310
The OEM installation technician with his good work.

View attachment 143311
The throw of the light. I'm more satisfied.
Hi,
Thanks for your detailed description.
Could you please share the details of the dealer from where you have changed your "Projector Head Lights with DRL"
Im residing in Hyderabad & interested to get a similar upgrade for my City which Im planning to purchase soon.

Thanks,
Karpura

In any showroom, the person who does the fitting is same. So, opt for whichever dealer is giving the cheapest price.

Few questions to ask is does the head light work with Full beam or not. The reason is that it is sold separately for another 3K. 18k-21k will be the price. Changing the head light bulb will cost more.

Thread Starter #250

Hi,
Thanks for your detailed description.
Could you please share the details of the dealer from where you have changed your "Projector Head Lights with DRL"
Im residing in Hyderabad & interested to get a similar upgrade for my City which Im planning to purchase soon.

Thanks,
Karpura
You can Try in Fastrack, Minister Road. Best would be search the Genome in facebook and contact them.

Guys I just bought a HONDA CITY Vx(o), I just don't know how to shut off navigation, I started from A I set navigation to B, I reached B now I wanna go to C, and navigation wants me to go back, its irritating me, either I have to mute it or set navigation to C,
I tried switching off the system and engine and when I on it back navigation comes on to... how to cance /stop navigation and also FM.. please help needed

Top Bottom