Honda City CE Vs SMT and VMT? Which is the Practical Choice?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Yesterday had been to a honda dealership to fetch my friend's honda city SMT. He was taking the delivery and there I spotted a CE edition will all black interiors and basic trims. Really liked the interior theme. Also that car had some practical things like,
1. Black ORVM's -- Needed in overcrowded cities. Easier on Pocket in case of impact from opposite vehicle
2. Black handles -- Were looking good on white colored city
3. Airbags and ABS were present -- A big plus, rest can be added as per our liking
4. Price @8.40 on road Pune

Whereas the SMT was @9.30 on road Pune. I asked him why he didn't get the CE version? He said he wasn't aware of it.

The VMT is 1lac more than SMT. CE at 8.4 is real VFM. And I was seeing more SMT and VMT and VMT with sunroof for deliveries.

My point is that honda is not pushing this car(maybe lesser margins, just to advertise that city ex showroom starts from 6.99 lacs onwards) or are customers more aligned to 'Chrome and Cream' effect as they say, and in turn shell out more monies than expected.

Awaiting your views.

Re: Honda city CE Vs SMT and VMT? Which is the Practical choice

GO for the corporate edition if you don't want beige interior or height adjustable seats.
But real value for money is the EMT which comes with beige interior and audio system with front speakers.

350Z

Core Team
My point is that honda is not pushing this car(maybe lesser margins, just to advertise that city ex showroom starts from 6.99 lacs onwards) or are customers more aligned to 'Chrome and Cream' effect as they say, and in turn shell out more monies than expected.
Honda City Corporate Edition is a perfect option in its segment for budget buyers but as an overall package, S trim is any day my choice keeping in mind the budget and features (And I do fancy beige interiors). What really impresses me is that Honda has not compromised on the safety. All the variants receive equal safety features.

Honda-City-Safety-Features.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

I find the CE better. When you are getting a city for 8.4 lakhs, then why go for SMT/VMT. If you need anything, then you can always get it from the aftermarket!

Amit, if we look at VFM factor, Corporate Edition is the way to go. Honda has made safety a standard equipment in all its variants. So the difference between the the models is nothing but addition of features like Music system, Leather/fabrics, some chrome touches which can be sacrificed if one is on a tight budget. So my vote goes to Honda City CE. However, if you dont mind spends some extra bucks for the frills, you definitely have options.

I found CE excellent for budget conscious people.S MT version is also perfect who wants VFM.V MT is the variant who wants much Luxury and richness.

But,my vote goes to City CE.As it is Rs.2,00,000 cheaper than V MT and Rs.1,00,000 cheaper than S MT.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks All. I also thought, no point in wasting 2lacs for top end VMT, when you can get CE edition and then modify as per your liking. However there are not much sales of Honda city nowadays, then also sales guys were not ready to give more discounts.

Top Bottom