Honda City (2002) Spare Parts

Thread Starter #1
hi, any idea where i can get the second hand spare parts for my honda city in mumbai. the genuine parts from a Honda Service Center costs a lot. i am looking for the Font Bumper assembly.

i have also heard that somewhere in kurla there is a plan where they sell salvaged car parts, anyone knows where exactly it is.

thanks in advance.

Hello correa_king,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

We dont have many members from Mumbai which is why your query remains unsolved. Have patience, i am sure you will get an answer soon. Till then, how about starting an introduction thread. We would love to know about you and your Honda City.

Cheers,
Akash

350Z

Core Team
Hello Correa King, Welcome to TAI. Can you be specific on which parts you are looking for other than the front bumper? The genuine part you go with is the better. Honda City 2006’s front bumper costs approx. Rs.3,800 For the Type-2, it should be most definitely cheaper than this. Let’s hope some Mumbai members drop in.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Hello correa_king,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

We dont have many members from Mumbai which is why your query remains unsolved. Have patience, i am sure you will get an answer soon. Till then, how about starting an introduction thread. We would love to know about you and your Honda City.

Cheers,
Akash
Thank You Akash, i will wait

Thread Starter #7
Hello Correa King, Welcome to TAI. Can you be specific on which parts you are looking for other than the front bumper? The genuine part you go with is the better. Honda City 2006’s front bumper costs approx. Rs.3,800 For the Type-2, it should be most definitely cheaper than this. Let’s hope some Mumbai members drop in.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hey 350Z, the OHC (type1) front bumper consists of 3 parts (1 center & 2 sides) and i am looking for the entire (all 3 parts) assembly. The Auth Service Center quoted me Rs. 8,000 (which is a huge amount).

Old Honda City type 2 spare parts in Delhi

OHC spare parts in Delhi
My OHC (type-2) needs a complete suspension overhaul includes Front & Rear.
Please tell me the makes for the OHC suspension parts. please:
Also I wanted opinion from fellow members regarding Munjal Showa dampers.
As OHC stock suspension has Munjal Showa shocks fitted which are no more available in Open market. I came across Gabriel make, wanted to know if they are good and reliable.
I live in Gurgaon, so please let me know any other reliable auto part shop in NCR. I came to know best Auto parts are available in Kashmeeri Gate.
If anyone aware of the best part shop there please let me know.
Please even let me know how much would the following parts cost.

1. Front / Rear Shocks.
2. Lower arms.
3. Rubber bushes.
4. Front mounting.
5. KnuckleJoint

Re: Old Honda City type 2 spare parts in Delhi

I know a shop in Kashmiri gate but dont know the name of the shop,prices are reasonable.

I am planning to buy Honda City 2002 1.3 DX which has done 100000 k.m, can any one suggest me what are necessary tips to see in car, and what is the engine life of city.

Thread Starter #13

OHC spare parts in Delhi
My OHC (type-2) needs a complete suspension overhaul includes Front & Rear.
Please tell me the makes for the OHC suspension parts. please:
Also I wanted opinion from fellow members regarding Munjal Showa dampers.
As OHC stock suspension has Munjal Showa shocks fitted which are no more available in Open market. I came across Gabriel make, wanted to know if they are good and reliable.
I live in Gurgaon, so please let me know any other reliable auto part shop in NCR. I came to know best Auto parts are available in Kashmeeri Gate.
If anyone aware of the best part shop there please let me know.
Please even let me know how much would the following parts cost.

1. Front / Rear Shocks.
2. Lower arms.
3. Rubber bushes.
4. Front mounting.
5. KnuckleJoint
Hey OHC lover,

How did your suspension overhaul go? where did you purchase the parts from and how much did it cost & which manufacturer? Some pics will be great.

Even my OHC is having some issues with the suspension. The front suspension is gone stiff and there is a squeaking sound from the rear suspension. I got it checked with a local mechanic and he suggested a suspension overhaul with a price quote of Rs 14,000 (didn't check the make of the suspension). I will check with some other garages and post more details.

Anybody can help me with some suggestions.

Hi correa,

I did enquired about the parts and the price list as follows.

Front shocks : 2200 per shock (Gabriel )
Lower Arms : 1600 per Arm
Rubber bushing: 1500 set
Front Mounting :600 per piece
Labour :1000

The total estimate given by my mechanic in Gurgaon was around 11k

As you say ur front suspension has gone stiff this can be rectified by just changing the shocks for which the labour should not be more than 500/- (Do make sure that you are not getting any other kind of noise from the suspension)
Honda original fit suspension are really good they won’t get worn easily except the shocks which go stiff. So instead of getting the whole job done do have a look urself and make sure that if only shock replacement can help you that would be gr8.

For Your rear suspension just have a look, if there is oil on you shocks that means the shocks have leaked out and need a replacement. Make sure you don’t get any of the shocks repaired as they wont last long. Rear suspension is not at all complicated, that squeaking sound can be because of ur worn shocks.

Regarding my purchase, I will buy from kashmeri Gate where you can get good reasonable parts, no idea about mumbai.

I am still waiting for the roads in my area to get better which might take another month before I get my suspension done.

Thread Starter #15

Hi correa,

I did enquired about the parts and the price list as follows.

Front shocks : 2200 per shock (Gabriel )
Lower Arms : 1600 per Arm
Rubber bushing: 1500 set
Front Mounting :600 per piece
Labour :1000

The total estimate given by my mechanic in Gurgaon was around 11k

As you say ur front suspension has gone stiff this can be rectified by just changing the shocks for which the labour should not be more than 500/- (Do make sure that you are not getting any other kind of noise from the suspension)
Honda original fit suspension are really good they won’t get worn easily except the shocks which go stiff. So instead of getting the whole job done do have a look urself and make sure that if only shock replacement can help you that would be gr8.

For Your rear suspension just have a look, if there is oil on you shocks that means the shocks have leaked out and need a replacement. Make sure you don’t get any of the shocks repaired as they wont last long. Rear suspension is not at all complicated, that squeaking sound can be because of ur worn shocks.

Regarding my purchase, I will buy from kashmeri Gate where you can get good reasonable parts, no idea about mumbai.

I am still waiting for the roads in my area to get better which might take another month before I get my suspension done.
Thanks OHC Lover, for the details mentioned.

I checked with the some spare parts shops and the best i could get is

Front shocks : 2100 per shock (Munjal Showa - they say Gabriel is for NHC-Type 3 only )
Lower Arms : 3000 a set
Rubber bushing: 1300 set

Also a complete Suspension assembly (shocks, springs & rubber struts) of Honda Munjal Showa was for Rs. 2850 per assembly.

i think i will get the full assembly changed as it falls cheaper. will post once o have decided.

Top Bottom