Honda Brio VMT Test Drive

Very Good review.I am planning to sell my Swift Diesel and i am thinking of Honda Brio S(o).I checked it out on Wednesday and is Brilliant.Interiors were good looking,engine is gem,the only issue i have is it currently has a waiting period on Selected colours.Urban titanium (which i love) has 1 month as well as Energetic Blue and Black.Also there are offers on Brio,City,Civic,Accord part of 5lakh Customers Celebration.
There won't be many in the country current who are selling there diesel car & buying a patrol one :)
Waiting period of a month is a bit much, I think you can inquire with other dealers.

Hi Jazzy,

The Brio's Mileage increases in a slow pace. When I first drove it S(O), the mileage was between 12 and 13 kpl, now it is between 17-18 with AC, and once we got 20 with AC on high way (after 2nd service). I guess that is way above what the company has said.

Jazzy, you could give us a more clear image of both your Hondas by writing one (or two) ownership reviews WITH pics. I am a fan of Honda, but I [reason unknown] do not like the Jazz. That is why I would like a review on your Brio.

Micra - XL - 5.7 lakh - on road
Brio - S (O) MT - 5.55 lakh - on road price
i 10 - Sport 1.2 (0) - 5.5 lakh - on road

I wanted to know given a option between these 3 cars, which one will you pick and why ? Also, i wanted to know do any one has person experience driving / owning the above cars. If yes, let me know the maintenance cost and mileage they are getting more the above cars. Please do let suggest if you have any thing to say on above cars.

4 questions for all Brio users ? Hope to get good response on the same .....

1. How costly are the spare parts of the Brio model ? Is it easily available ?

2. How much mileage do you get from your Brio ?

3. Do we really need ABS with EBD for running cars within city ?

4. How much do one timing servicing cost for Honda Brio ?

Considering going for Brio later this year. Read somewhere that Honda has tweaked the ECU to improve low end torque. Is there any official word on this or its just a rumor? Thanks.

Set12,
Do go for it. Honda has had a general survey from the brio users and all the cons from their side i.e. rear defogger and driver seat height adjuster especially were added. They were a must in brio i felt. I have bought the Brio VXMT now and have not experienced any issue as such in low end torque. Torque was good i felt. Do have a TD before you make a final choice.

Thanks Ajay. I am sure you must be enjoying this awesome machine. I'll do the test drives before finalizing. I am glad Honda added seat hight adjustment, defogger; will be very useful. I can stretch max for the SMT and luckily it has got both these now :)

Test drive of Honda Brio Automatic

Positives:
- Very good engine
- Very good 5-speed automatic transmission
- Pretty quiet cabin
- Good pick-up and ride quality
- Fairly good mileage if driven softly
- Fairly spacious seating (especially in the rear)

Negatives:
- Much less boot space compared to the competition (not sure if you could even fit a suitcase in there)
- Low ground clearance
- Very poor music player sound quality
- No CD player
- Low seating
- Poor front visibility
- Wide/long dashboard leading to the windshield (waste of space)
- Unusual rear (like a shopping window glass)
- Overall looks pretty much like a toy car
- Very pricey (poor VFM)
- No WOW factor
- Nothing really impressive about the overall quality of cabin/dashboard parts and components

Didn't really fit my requirements.

Top Bottom