Honda Brio V vs Maruti Swift VDi - Please Help.

Thread Starter #18
Totally Confused Between Brio and Swift

My budget : 6-7lakhs
New or used : New
Top5 priorities:- Performance,fun to drive, rear legroom,music system
Monthly running:- max 100kms
Type of fuel:- Petrol
Purposes:-city driving,ocasionally on highways
Seating capacity:-max 4(me dad n mom)

Hi firstof all good evening TAI ans. im totally confused between brio v mt n swift v xi..

Like brio a lot because of its distinct looks,powerful engine and interiors

Now i asked my parents to buy me a new bike for which they rejected whole heartedly :P

Dad promised me that he will buy me a new car and budget was around 6.5lakh.

Reading lots of reviews on brio v mt i decided to own that car but last night my dad called me n said why dont go for swift vxi n for off market ICS i will give you 30k.

This put me down in confusion. Personally i like to own H badge and i havent seen single complaint about brio where i have seen several issues in swift vxi(poor braking,cheap plastic,rattle sound).

Sry forgot to say i'm a greater admirer ofswift because of its performance n sporty looks
Only i will use the car.Dad had office provided vehicle..

Excluding me mom will use this car for market purposes n shopping

Im a student n new to driving

Please sugget me between these 2 cars.

I20 is my another fav car but dad says no to hyundai as maintainance cost is high n poor milage

Mostly next month ill be buying car next month

Ps:- Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Totally confused btwn Brio and Swift

@One:
If your budget is 6-7 lac then why not consider Swift ZXi? It won't have any kind of braking issues as it has ABS and EBD, while various other features and not to forget alloys with 185 section tyres with a profile lower than that of VXi's.

Rest in terms of comfort Brio has an edge but Swift is also nowhere behind now. BTW, have you thought of Jazz?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

you should go for the brio. it's compact and well you yourself want a H badge so go for it.

and yeah i20's petrol not that fun. swift's engine is better than i20 and well honda are number one for their petrol engines [;)] although no other car will match the goodies you will get in i20. engine's not too bad. and i own 3 hyundai's , sometimes i feel maintenance is high but well if some major parts needs to be changed then obviously its cost will be high.

also , honda's spare parts are expensive as well but well everybody says they last long.

why don't you go to both the showrooms and get the price quotes and update it here.

and take a look at this thread - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...indian-cars-spare-parts-price-comparison.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
I can go with swift zxi but I cannot have extra accesories fit to it and jazz too same reason

you should go for the brio. it's compact and well you yourself want a H badge so go for it.

and yeah i20's petrol not that fun. swift's engine is better than i20 and well honda are number one for their petrol engines [;)] although no other car will match the goodies you will get in i20. engine's not too bad. and i own 3 hyundai's , sometimes i feel maintenance is high but well if some major parts needs to be changed then obviously its cost will be high.

also , honda's spare parts are expensive as well but well everybody says they last long.

why don't you go to both the showrooms and get the price quotes and update it here.
yeah even I like to have H badge.....

I went to honda and maruti showrooms...honda offers discount nd some extra accesories whereas for swift not even single rupee of discount

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i updated my comment above. check the link that i posted above. so what's the final price on both the cars ?

and what extra accessories are you talking about that you want [:D]

Thread Starter #23

i updated my comment above. check the link that i posted above. so what's the final price on both the cars ?

and what extra accessories are you talking about that you want [:D]
Brio V mt -6.20l on road and dealer approach was very good..he said at the time to delivery he will negotiate some amount n some xtra fittings will b done like mud protector

Swift Vxi-5.87l on road. nothing is free

Re: Totally Confused Between Brio and Swift

My budget : 6-7lakhs.....

where i have seen several issues in swift vxi(poor braking,cheap plastic,rattle sound)......
In my 10 months of ownership of Swift VXi, I haven't faced a single issue with brakes and rattling. Plastic quality is top grade ABS (proof of which I don't have any) and feels good and not inferior in any way. Don't go by the reviews and comments only. Check it out yourself to find if you like it or not.

I haven't test driven the Brio but it certainly wasn't on my radar when I was shopping for a hatch, reasons being cabin space isn't upto my expectation. For a family of four, I would certainly suggest the Swift.

Thread Starter #25

In my 10 months of ownership of Swift VXi, I haven't faced a single issue with brakes and rattling. Plastic quality is top grade ABS (proof of which I don't have any) and feels good and not inferior in any way. Don't go by the reviews and comments only. Check it out yourself to find if you like it or not.

I haven't test driven the Brio but it certainly wasn't on my radar when I was shopping for a hatch, reasons being cabin space isn't upto my expectation. For a family of four, I would certainly suggest the Swift.
surely bro.I will TD both the vehicles and decide

Hi !
One of my uncles has SWIFT diesel. He is an engineer. He take his car to all places. It did not give any trouble and works well.
It does its job quiet and neat. It is a tension free vehicle and easy to maintain.
According to my knowledge in Swift there is no big difference between petrol and diesel vehicles. Both are equal and that's why I strongly suggest SWIFT.

In my 10 months of ownership of Swift VXi, I haven't faced a single issue with brakes and rattling. Plastic quality is top grade ABS (proof of which I don't have any) and feels good and not inferior in any way. Don't go by the reviews and comments only.
Would like to share my honest feedback here on swift braking.

I happened to drive a 2010 model swift lxi last week for around 150 kms. From my experience, I can say that the brakes were definitely not at par. They did not inspire confidence and I needed to be prepared from quite a distance to apply brakes, the brakes lacked punch too.

Getting used to is another thing and I accept that one can manipulate his driving style to the behavior of brakes, but when I compare with a braking behavior like in polo, I certainly can say that the brakes were not up to the mark in this swift lxi that I drove.

My budget : 6-7lakhs
New or used : New
Top5 priorities:- Performance,fun to drive, rear legroom,music system
Monthly running:- max 100kms
Type of fuel:- Petrol
Purposes:-city driving,ocasionally on highways
Seating capacity:-max 4(me dad n mom)

Hi firstof all good evening TAI ans. im totally confused between brio v mt n swift v xi..

Like brio a lot because of its distinct looks,powerful engine and interiors

Now i asked my parents to buy me a new bike for which they rejected whole heartedly :P

Dad promised me that he will buy me a new car and budget was around 6.5lakh.

Reading lots of reviews on brio v mt i decided to own that car but last night my dad called me n said why dont go for swift vxi n for off market ICS i will give you 30k.

This put me down in confusion. Personally i like to own H badge and i havent seen single complaint about brio where i have seen several issues in swift vxi(poor braking,cheap plastic,rattle sound).

Sry forgot to say i'm a greater admirer ofswift because of its performance n sporty looks
Only i will use the car.Dad had office provided vehicle..

Excluding me mom will use this car for market purposes n shopping

Im a student n new to driving

Please sugget me between these 2 cars.

I20 is my another fav car but dad says no to hyundai as maintainance cost is high n poor milage

Mostly next month ill be buying car next month

I would suggest that you also check about after sales service (ASS). Looking at ASS Swift would be better option. I thought Honda service is on par with Maruti but I was proved wrong when I took my Brio for a repair. I will share full details of my experience in a new thread.

Thread Starter #29

I would suggest that you also check about after sales service (ASS). Looking at ASS Swift would be better option. I thought Honda service is on par with Maruti but I was proved wrong when I took my Brio for a repair. I will share full details of my experience in a new thread.
Please share it ASAP

Top Bottom