Honda Brio SMT or S(O)MT?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
I am planning to buy Honda Brio after a lot of search. I found it VFM car in its segment, I narrowed down to my search to its variants SMT or S(O)MT. The cost difference is around 65K. the difference between these two variants is of safety features like ABS with EBD and Airbags.
I want to buy the car mostly for city rides, will take it to highways once or twice in a a year. pl suggest the most appropriate variant as i am confused between these two.

Re: Honda Brio SMT or S(O)MT

Firstly congrats on your choice. Secondly, it doesn't matter if your in city or highway, safety features always help. So please do spend that extra money on the abs n airbags

Stop thinking RIGHT NOW and go for the S (O) MT. Remember, a cat has nine lives but humans live only once.

Stop thinking RIGHT NOW and go for the S (O) MT. Remember, a cat has nine lives but humans live only once.
+1000
ABS and airbags comes for a very small premium when it comes to the safety of you and your loved ones.Money can be earned,but loved ones..they can't..[cry]

Ah..have I read Meerut..or say UP-15..[clap]

65k for safety features is worth spending. If incase the difference is only on Alloy wheels, chromes, leather seats blahblahblah, all those can be retrofitted, but ABS and airbags doesn't fall in that category.

In delhi there is a difference of 59,000/- between the two variants and I think it is ok for what you are getting in return in terms of safety equipment, i.e. ABS & EBD.

Also electrically adjustable ORVMs is good to have as adjusting them by stretching to the mirror just doesn't makes any sense.

Thread Starter #9

+1000
ABS and airbags comes for a very small premium when it comes to the safety of you and your loved ones.Money can be earned,but loved ones..they can't..[cry]

Ah..have I read Meerut..or say UP-15..[clap]
Hi Vipul,
Yes Its Meerut. r u from Meerut too?

Hi Vipul,
Yes Its Meerut. r u from Meerut too?
Haha,I am also a pure UP15 guy...the revolutionary land of 'Meerut'(Mangal Pandey also fired the first bullet here itself in 1857[clap]).

So you are getting your car from Platinum or from Delhi?

Thread Starter #11

Haha,I am also a pure UP15 guy...the revolutionary land of 'Meerut'(Mangal Pandey also fired the first bullet here itself in 1857[clap]).

So you are getting your car from Platinum or from Delhi?
Yes.. from Platinum Honda....only one choice.

Opt for the S(O) variant. Although you don't drive much in highways, its always good to have ABS and airbags. Look at this like this: You spent 65K now, when you sell your car, you will get that initial investment back. So, don't worry about the 65K. I'm sure you will fell its worth some day ! Btw, good choice and which colour are you opting?

Thread Starter #13
Opt for the S(O) variant. Although you don't drive much in highways, its always good to have ABS and airbags. Look at this like this: You spent 65K now, when you sell your car, you will get that initial investment back. So, don't worry about the 65K. I'm sure you will fell its worth some day ! Btw, good choice and which colour are you opting?
rally red. It looks awesome...

Thread Starter #14
Do Airbags and ABS need some maintenance? i mean ASS cost will increase or remain same with these feature loaded car?

Top Bottom