Honda Brio Problems & Solutions

hello groupies

i been getting sms and calls from honda and dealers for the 36 months service.

I have not had a great experience with solitaire honda in vasai-mumbai but im forced to go there as its just 10 kms away while the linkway honda dealership is almost 50 kms away.

Previous Mileage at the time of service was 12,603 kms. and now its reached

I have attached last service invoice. please do let me know if the amount paid for that service is ok and did i incur any unnecessary cost.

IMAG0054tai.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

I recently had an accident at kamshet. It was in the night and as i came out from the tunnel small stones and boulders came tumbling down from the mountains.

I was saved from the big ones but few hit my bonnet, radiator got damaged, front left tyre blew apart and the left lower arm and the linkage.

I was given a rough estimate by solitaire honda which came to aroun 40000 and i was told it would be much more once the actual work is done.

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

they were asking to claim the insurance and the whole process would take 10-15 days.

Since i need my car on a daily basis for my work i declined.

I got the dents and paintings, new radiator fixed locally. But i was stuck with the lower arm and linkage as the repair shop was not able to source it.

So i been driving around with a damaged lower arm and linkage and i think that has also caused the left tyre to lose a good part of its tread as their is an alignment issue.

I know its silly of me to do such a things with a beauty like this but i had no choice.

Now i plan to take a few days off end of december wish to time the service and the repair together.

Please guide me of how i could procure these parts from any repair shop or do you suggest going to solitaire honda to fix this?

Any other issue I may have due to this driving around with a damaged left side.

How much should be cost that I need to estimate if i need to pay from my pocket without claiming insurance?

How much should i estimate the service cost for 36 months service?

Appreciate if the experts here could advice.

36k service help

hello groupies

i been getting sms and calls from honda and dealers for the 36 months service.

Now i plan to take a few days off end of december wish to time the service and the repair together.

Please guide me of how i could procure these parts from any repair shop or do you suggest going to solitaire honda to fix this?

Any other issue I may have due to this driving around with a damaged left side.

How much should be cost that I need to estimate if i need to pay from my pocket without claiming insurance?

How much should i estimate the service cost for 36 months service?

Appreciate if the experts here could advice.

hello there

I understand its the holiday season and most members are away from the forum and enjoying the beautiful weather in their cutie brio.

But in case you happen to visit this page please do help out with your advice.

I need to give the car this weekend if it has to go to the dealer and prior to that need to book the linkage as its mostly put of stock.

Though it will be expensive , take the car to ASS to do this work .(Honda's genuine parts are available only there ,outside shops won't have all the mentioned items )
By running with a damage link arm and linkage ,check the tie rod bushes for wear and also tyres for any abnormal wear .

Thanks.

I took the car to local car workshop. They mentioned that the linkage has no issues and the left lower arm has had the impact.

Also spoke to solitaire honda. Since im not claiming insurance they will replace the lower arm and if the problem is not resolved then the knuckle may need to be replaced which will cost me 2500. How do i ensure that they are not pulling a fast one on me?

Yes the outer tread of the front tyres have worn off and thats why i decided to go in for further repairs.

Hi friends,
This is my first post to this forum and even before I introduce myself properly, I am dying to get some answers on Honda Brio.

The queries are for Honda Brio 1.2 S MT:

1. What is the recommended engine oil grade and quantity?

2. What is the recommended gear oil grade and quantity for the car?

3. The break oil and clutch oil is DOT3 or DOT4 and if both of them share the same reservoir or both are filled seperately?

4. Can I get the genuine Honda spare parts outside the Service Centre? Or online?

And finally, 5) What is the approximate engine life for 1.2 i-vtec engine of Honda Brio?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Hi friends,
This is my first post to this forum and even before I introduce myself properly, I am dying to get some answers on Honda Brio.

The queries are for Honda Brio 1.2 S MT:

1. What is the recommended engine oil grade and quantity?

2. What is the recommended gear oil grade and quantity for the car?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Did you consult your user manual? Generally these are all discussed there.

The problem which i've encountered with is "foul smell from ac after cold start, which fades away after 2-3 mins". Had checked with the HASS, said its condensation formation and are commonly seen across all cars [shock]. Anyways, my 3rd service is due in a couple of months, and planning to get it checked thoroughly and find a proper solution to it then.

Any other Brio owners who have faced this issue? [thinking]
Did you find the solution for inside smell. Similarly facing issue by me trying get rid of it. Not sure its AC smell or something else. If you have any solution please tell me.

Thanks.

Got my Brio serviced from HASS.
Replaced the Engine Oil - full synthetic 0W20 API SN(found the rating printed on blue barrels kept outside) Rs. 1375 for 3.2lit. Transmission Oil (Honda spec) 1.5 lit for Rs.571. Spark plug used NGK - BRK6E-11 for Rs. 702. The air filter costed Rs.Rs. 470.

Overall I am happy with the outcome.

But my question is, if the engine oil grade 0W20 is appropriate for hot Indian climate? Interesting point is that while I went for long stretch, say 400 km one way, driving 90 - 100 KMPH, found that the engine is cool enough in comparison to my previous Maruti Zen.

@on wheels, 0W20 is suitable for present generation cars in Indian climate. More over engine working temperature is different for different models for example MSIL K series engines working temperature is five degrees more compared to other brands 1.2 ltr engines.

-suryaputhra

Hi All,

I own Honda Brio V model. Facing issue with AC cooling. I feel AC gas wont last long. Can anyone suggest, what could be the issue and solution for this.

Is it fine to repair any local workshop?

Thread Starter #748
Hi All,

I hope, your rides treating you well and vice versa[:)]. I am very busy with my official commitments and mostly out of station from past 2.5 years. Now also, occasionally only I am able to take my brio on short runs. Very dissatisfied.

How is your rides doing. Can we have the updates.

Last edited:
Hi all,

My car is S variant and there is no fog light housing. I cam across this:
Buy Car & Bike accessories India - Autofurnish

It seems to be OEM style and I should think from outside they can install them to the bumper with proper finish. What could the price for the install ?
This year I would also like to get AVN. Which will fit perfectly to replace the current stereo. 15.7cms is the best fit ?

Top Bottom