Honda Brio Problems & Solutions

Dear Jagadish,
Maybe you might say it is my individual experience solely. But my Honda Brio(2013) has been driven by me for 30k kilometers in the past three years. I do the regular recommended servicings and changes and along with I also do maintenance and services as and when required. That is like I always go for a full service including oil checks, wheel alignment checks, suspension checks, underbody condition checks etc. after every long haul trip (above 500kms in a single run). My car returns an average of 11-12 kms per litre. Of course in heavy traffic conditions with the AC constantly on the mileage has gone down to as low as 7.5- 8 kms per litre at times. But on the highway on a recent trip (June 2016) I clocked a mileage of 19-20 kms per litre with the AC on 100% of the time. The highest mileage I achieved with my baby on the highway was 22 kms per litre with the AC on full blast in May 2015. So I do not have any complaints regarding the mileage of my little beastie...
Like they say love, feed and take care of your little beastie and then see how she runs...
Hello Demonling

I once achived 22km/l but now not the case you need to be so sedate and keep rev between 1500rpm to 2000rpm to achieve anything above 17km/l on highway which is highly impossible. At 90 the engine already spinning 2800rpm so no eco no mileage.

And that too having full board passanger noway

Its possible only three avg adult without stuff in hatch and needle at 60-70kmph always.

Hello bReeze AkA blro

Been recently to ooty.
Needles to say my brio went lifeless while climbing 36 harpin bend.

Its really fasturate me every time i tried to cover a bend. I kept shifting 1st gear to build up rev and upshift to 2nd.

There was three healthy build and two average build on board with basic stuff in hatch.

At one point i was blaming myself for buying petrol instead deisel. And yes their is huge transmission loss in Brio from engine to wheel compared to swift and bolt.

The power that passes to wheel from engine is less compared on paper figuers.

The total trip was 644km and fuel consumed is 45ltr and avg mileage was 14.3 without AC (0% on).

This trip put me in serious thinking of mods.
I am now thinking go for Race Dynamic Powertronic P2 programing to get bump in torque Nd power
Low end torque, yes, there is indeed a problem with this. I havent been to Ooty with the Peppy Pot, so cannot comment on its performance on that strecth particularly.

I've taken her to Coorg via Iritty, two on-board and plenty of luggage, though the ride could have been better with a bit more available torque, she didnt put us down even for a moment.

4+ years with 39k kms on ODO, chunk of which is out of the City, still enjoy riding her everywhere the mind wants to go. [:D]

Hello Demonling

I once achived 22km/l but now not the case you need to be so sedate and keep rev between 1500rpm to 2000rpm to achieve anything above 17km/l on highway which is highly impossible. At 90 the engine already spinning 2800rpm so no eco no mileage.

Its possible only three avg adult without stuff in hatch and needle at 60-70kmph always.
I totally disagree with you on this. I've driven her on numerous occasions, maintaining 100-110 kmph and still returning figures of 19-21 kmpl with AC on full time, and 2-3 adults with luggage.

While taking FE into account, the following play vital role in the overall package of FE ---- quality of Fuel, Spark plug condition, tyre pressure, gear shifting rpm, braking pattern, kind of road (highway, city, Ghat section, traffic condition etc), AC or no AC, air filter condition etc.

The ECO light is on even at speed of 110 kmph, have you noticed it? Of course, this wouldnt mean full efficiency, but yes, you still get the perks of being at the right gear-rpm-speed combination.

Last, but not the least, as the little Honda says "Because I want your love at First Sight" , " I'm made for you" , " Love is what keeps me going" , and the most important one "You wanted a Car you'll Love, We built a car that'll Love You Back"...

So here we are, wishing you plenty of more enjoyable drives in the coming days, and as she always says, "Its time we got together again".

Enjoy [drive].

Low end torque, yes, there is indeed a problem with this. I havent been to Ooty with the Peppy Pot, so cannot comment on its performance on that strecth particularly.

I've taken her to Coorg via Iritty, two on-board and plenty of luggage, though the ride could have been better with a bit more available torque, she didnt put us down even for a moment.

4+ years with 39k kms on ODO, chunk of which is out of the City, still enjoy riding her everywhere the mind wants to go. [:D]

I totally disagree with you on this. I've driven her on numerous occasions, maintaining 100-110 kmph and still returning figures of 19-21 kmpl with AC on full time, and 2-3 adults with luggage.

While taking FE into account, the following play vital role in the overall package of FE ---- quality of Fuel, Spark plug condition, tyre pressure, gear shifting rpm, braking pattern, kind of road (highway, city, Ghat section, traffic condition etc), AC or no AC, air filter condition etc.

The ECO light is on even at speed of 110 kmph, have you noticed it? Of course, this wouldnt mean full efficiency, but yes, you still get the perks of being at the right gear-rpm-speed combination.

Last, but not the least, as the little Honda says "Because I want your love at First Sight" , " I'm made for you" , " Love is what keeps me going" , and the most important one "You wanted a Car you'll Love, We built a car that'll Love You Back"...

So here we are, wishing you plenty of more enjoyable drives in the coming days, and as she always says, "Its time we got together again".

Enjoy [drive].
bReeze AkA blro

:) your words down the end brought smile on my face while reading it.....sensible use of Honda marketing Phrase..

Regards to mileage you said the same which i pointed out above..two on board with quite a luguage its same gives me back 19kmpl.

But full onboard moderate incline and highway run gives me only 16kmpl.

Yes its depends on way we drive..but remind you i am not spirit driver nor race with anyone..but somewhat i pushed to beleive or doubt ECU needs to be checked. All recent runs on highway avgd at 14kmpl to me. So my worries is about the drop in mileage on recent runs. And those who plan for any extreme uphill run i strictly say no full board passanger. If so it would be better take diesel ones there. No problems with Chanmundi hill or Nandi Hills both are absolutely fine and never felt torqueless.

I keep tyre pressure 30 at front and 28 at back..and change gears at 2krpm or below 2krpm.

Hello Guys, greetings and good wishes. I have a small query here. Are the same type of spark plugs used in the 1.3 litre Honda Brio and the 1.5 litre Honda City

Hello Demonling

Dear Jagadish,
It is not impossible to get a mileage of 20-21 kilometers per litre on the highway with the AC on at all times. I got this mileage again on my recent trip (July 2016) to Kasol in Himachal Pradesh. And during the time I achieved that mileage the average speed I maintained was 90 kmpl. Of course it was on the plains on the highway beginning from the outskirts of New Delhi to the foot hills of Himachal. And even on the hills I got an average of 17 kmpl with the AC on. I'm not fibbing and we were two passengers with two medium size luggage's. Probably you are driving your car wrong to achieve such a poor mileage. Maybe you keeping pumping the clutch too often, change gears too frequently even when not required and also keeping standing on the brakes a lot. Improve your driving style and you will find that it's not impossible to achieve mileage figures as I have on a Brio. Good luck and happy driving.

bReeze AkA blro

:) your words down the end brought smile on my face while reading it.....sensible use of Honda marketing Phrase..

Regards to mileage you said the same which i pointed out above..two on board with quite a luguage its same gives me back 19kmpl.

But full onboard moderate incline and highway run gives me only 16kmpl.

Yes its depends on way we drive..but remind you i am not spirit driver nor race with anyone..but somewhat i pushed to beleive or doubt ECU needs to be checked. All recent runs on highway avgd at 14kmpl to me. So my worries is about the drop in mileage on recent runs. And those who plan for any extreme uphill run i strictly say no full board passanger. If so it would be better take diesel ones there. No problems with Chanmundi hill or Nandi Hills both are absolutely fine and never felt torqueless.

I keep tyre pressure 30 at front and 28 at back..and change gears at 2krpm or below 2krpm.

Had a short visit to Coorg and Nagarahole. Mileage achieved 18kmpl overall.

Also one useless biker rammed RHS door and paint been peeled out.

Now after couple of days I can see rusting marks over door shuting Lane down the bottom.

Fellow Brio owners,

My car failed to start yesterday on turning ON the ignition. A mechanic attended to it and we managed to push start it once so that I could take it to my home, but on examining the battery he advised me to replace it else i might face. My car is just 3.5 years old. Anyone else faced any issues with their battery so early on? Also please suggest me a good replacement.

Fellow Brio owners,

My car failed to start yesterday on turning ON the ignition. A mechanic attended to it and we managed to push start it once so that I could take it to my home, but on examining the battery he advised me to replace it else i might face. My car is just 3.5 years old. Anyone else faced any issues with their battery so early on? Also please suggest me a good replacement.
Even I had changed my battery after 3 yrs in Brio. I guess the stock battery they give in the car has just that much life.
Get a nice Exide or Amaron with 5yrs warranty as a replacement.

Had a short visit to Coorg and Nagarahole. Mileage achieved 18kmpl overall.

Also one useless biker rammed RHS door and paint been peeled out.

Now after couple of days I can see rusting marks over door shuting Lane down the bottom.
Exposed metal can catch rust pretty soon. Try to touch up the scratch asap.

Tyre change in Brio
Hi I am using Brio from last 3.5 years. Now car has run 49000 km (approx.). I need to change tyre and stock tyre is Goodyear 175/65 R14 (alloy wheel)
I have searched on internet and on local dealer also and shortlisted as follows:
1. Yokohama Earth 1 Price Rs 4100/per piece total Rs 16400/-
2. Goodyear Triplemax Price Rs 4050/per piece total Rs 16200/-
3. Michelin Xm2 Price 4650/per piece total Rs 18600/-
4. Falken Sincera SN835 Rs 3700/per piece total Rs 14800/-
all offer will include free tyre fitting, wheel alignment and balancing.
Earlier I was almost inclined to yokohama but I have searched on net and found that Falken tyres are also good or you can say value for money.
My riding will be monthly 1000 km and 2-3 long trip in a year. I am average driver and drive near max 100 kmph on clear highway. 70% driving in highway and 30% in city area. I am looking for overall performance and longevity also. So I am really sorry if I can not discuss this point in this thread but I want to take decision in a day and want to replace before going for family trip.
Please reply and thanks in advance.
Regards,

Jay Bhavsar
Ahmedabad

Tyre change in Brio. I want to take decision in a day and want to replace before going for family trip.
Regards,

Jay Bhavsar
Ahmedabad
Hello Jay, As you are in need of an immediate decision here goes my suggestion. From what I have heard and seen Michelin XM2 and Yoko E1 are equally good (No idea about Falcon though) with a few differences. Yokohama is "Made for India" in few models including E1 which suggests tolerance on rough roads. Michelin is super silent but has a comparitively softer sidewall and prone to damage if you are regular on bad roads. Wait for some expert suggestions and decide for yourself!.

Thanks dear,
I am also thinking that some tyre expert from our forum reply and then I take decision. as you know every local dealer promote their product best whatever actually it is. to get feedback from expert. it is highly considerable.
Thanks.

Dear Freinds,
Can any one suggest in between Yokohama Earth 1 and Falken SN845? Today I have visited Falken dealer and he informed me that Falken comes with two years unconditional warranty. so it is added advantage. Please guide on sos basis.
Thanks in advance.

Dear Freinds,
Can any one suggest in between Yokohama Earth 1 and Falken SN845? Today I have visited Falken dealer and he informed me that Falken comes with two years unconditional warranty. so it is added advantage. Please guide on sos basis.
Thanks in advance.
Yokohama Earth 1 is superior to Falken. I have been using Falken SN845 for last one and half years and almost completed 20,000Kms. Initially it was very silent and feels great. Later, around 15,000kms, its performance is not much impressive.

Tyre change in Brio
Hi I am using Brio from last 3.5 years. Now car has run 49000 km (approx.). I need to change tyre and stock tyre is Goodyear 175/65 R14 (alloy wheel)
I have searched on internet and on local dealer also and shortlisted as follows:
1. Yokohama Earth 1 Price Rs 4100/per piece total Rs 16400/-
2. Goodyear Triplemax Price Rs 4050/per piece total Rs 16200/-
3. Michelin Xm2 Price 4650/per piece total Rs 18600/-
4. Falken Sincera SN835 Rs 3700/per piece total Rs 14800/-
all offer will include free tyre fitting, wheel alignment and balancing.
Earlier I was almost inclined to yokohama but I have searched on net and found that Falken tyres are also good or you can say value for money.
My riding will be monthly 1000 km and 2-3 long trip in a year. I am average driver and drive near max 100 kmph on clear highway. 70% driving in highway and 30% in city area. I am looking for overall performance and longevity also. So I am really sorry if I can not discuss this point in this thread but I want to take decision in a day and want to replace before going for family trip.
Regards,

Jay Bhavsar
Ahmedabad
Go for Michellin , you will never regret it, keeps suspension and body parts from low frequency vibration so those won't wear sooner, side wall problems are there for 55 and 60 profile tyres , good driver will not puncher the side walls, if you are the one with lot of office works and phone calls to attend , only a small attention to the road surface, then take 70 or 65 profile you are good to go.

Don't see the price of 1 or 2k difference, it's just a 1000km fuel cost , which can give you peace of mind for another 40 to 50k kms
Regards
Prasanth

Hello Friends,
Finally I have changed my tyre with Yokohama Earth 1. Price Rs 4100 per piece Total rs 16,400/ including Wheel Alignment, Balancing and new valve changes.
After then I have done trip to Udaipur and Sajjangarh in Udaipur.
Pros
Tyre is silent upto 80 km then you can feel slightly sound.
my earlier goodyear tyre was at 49K km and suddenly new tyre so it was drastic difference and sound was completely eliminated and grip was fantastic. small potholes were not felt at all.
At Sajjangarh complete hill curve were there to climb and get down but tyre was superb. This was my first hill curve riding but tyre grip was good and boosted my confidence.
Cons
till now I have driven 700 km only no negatives. only one is that look is very basis but that is ok. when I will complete 10K then I can point out if any.
In case of Michelin, Price difference is not case but locally I have checked at three vendors and got feedback that Rubbers are soft and will last smooth for first 20 or 25 K km then performance is not great and you have to replace in 30 K km so that is the reason I have not opted for Yokohama where at least 40K km is guaranteed.
Thanks[:)]

Top Bottom