Honda Brio AT launched at Rs.5.74 lacs

Thread Starter #1
HONDA BRIO WITH BIGGER 1.3 LITER I-VTEC ENGINE AND CVT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION BAGS 1000 BOOKINGS IN INDONESIA

The Honda Brio small car has been launched in Indonesia and has managed to bag 1,000 bookings within weeks of its launch in the island nation. The Honda Brio that is sold in Indonesia is different from the Indian version, in that it comes with a more powerful engine and an CVT automatic transmission. The engine is a 1,339cc i-VTEC unit, and produces a peak power of 100 PS with peak torque rated at 127 Nm. Both these figures are higher than the 90 PS-110 Nm output of the 1.2 liter i-VTEC petrol engine that the Indian version of the Brio features.

While the Indian Brio comes with a five speed manual transmission, the Indonesian version of the Brio also gets a Modulo body kit to spice up its looks. The body kit which costs INR 94,000 comes with fog lamps, a different grille design, front and rear bumper inserts, side skirts, a new fuel cap insert and a rear roof spoiler. Honda plans to sell 1,200 units of the Brio hatchback in Indonesia every month and has targeted sales of 6,000 units by the end of 2012. In India too, the Brio has been a hot selling car for the Japanese brand, what with the hatchback now the best selling model in Honda’s Indian line up.

In the coming months, the automatic variant of the Brio, perhaps with the CVT gearbox, is expected to be launched in the Indian car market. The Brio is an excellent car to drive around town, with compact dimensions and a peppy yet fuel efficient i-VTEC engine-5 speed gearbox combo making short work of the city traffic. This also explains why the Brio has particularly found favor with the fairer sex, who have taken to the easy-to-drive demeanour of the Brio like fish to water. The addition of the CVT gearbox will only serve to reinforce this strength of the Brio, of that of being an ideal city car.
Honda Brio with bigger 1.3 Liter i-VTEC engine and CVT automatic transmission bags 1000 bookings in Indonesia | IndianCarsBikes.in

350Z

Core Team
Re: Honda's New Small Car for India is Brio

Honda Brio automatic will debut before Diwali. It has been confirmed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Honda plans to expand the Brio compact hatch range in India with the launch of an automatic variant next month.

This will be the third model in the small car segment after the Maruti Suzuki A-Star and Hyundai i10 to offer such a transmission option.

Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice-President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Siel Cars India, said that a need for such a variant was felt from customers who wanted a car that is easy to drive in crowded cities.

However, the Brio automatic may not mean a significant jump in volumes for Honda, since automatic variants account for a low single-digit percentage share of total cars sold in the country.

Sen also denied rumours that the Accord brand will be pulled out of India, but said that the new Civic sedan launch may be delayed for the home market. The new Civic was launched in the US and Europe last year.

”We're not pulling out the Civic right now, but given that the C segment is not growing, it makes no sense to invest in local manufacturing of a new model and that too with a petrol engine," he said.
Business Line : Companies News : Honda to launch Brio automatic in Diwali; Accord, Civic not to be phased out just yet

^^Automatic variant would be a nice addition to the present line up and would catch attention from many for sure.
Honda should come up with a diesel heart to power Brio which would make it competitive product in the diesel segment.

I aslo got the same information from the sales Manager of a dealership in July. What is also clear is that the V version will not be launched. As for the S will it be based on the normal or the (o) variant. I suspect the latter since ABS and Airbags are even more important than in a manual.

Looks like the launch is imminent. Media drives towards the end of next week, or the beginning of the one following. Launch possibly in 3rd week of October. Two points:

1. Looks like a V is coming.
2. It is a 4-speed CVT box (as in the pic) with presets! Brilliant.

Looks like the launch is imminent. Media drives towards the end of next week, or the beginning of the one following. Launch possibly in 3rd week of October. Two points:

1. Looks like a V is coming.
2. It is a 4-speed CVT box (as in the pic) with presets! Brilliant.
Sir can you explain how the brio auto box would be better compared to say i10 ?

And I think iam sure Honda won't give paddle shifters with the brio right ?

can you explain how the brio auto box would be better compared to say i10 ?

And I think iam sure Honda won't give paddle shifters with the brio right ?
No paddles etc. Why better:

1. I have had a Santro AT for over seven years. It is not even a proper four speed, but a 3+1. The Brio will be a proper CVT with four preset speeds.
2. Honda service is better (and cheaper).
3. If you want five speeda and a paddle shifter the 1.2 will not suffice. It is will have to be a 1.5 (or maybe 1.4) an then the price will be in City territory.

No paddles etc. Why better:

1. I have had a Santro AT for over seven years. It is not even a proper four speed, but a 3+1. The Brio will be a proper CVT with four preset speeds.
2. Honda service is better (and cheaper).
3. If you want five speeda and a paddle shifter the 1.2 will not suffice. It is will have to be a 1.5 (or maybe 1.4) an then the price will be in City territory.
What about comparing it with astar ?

What about comparing it with astar ?
The AStar is a segment below but has a proper 4-speed. I was shocked to see the DZire At with a 3+1 only.

The AStar is small and more important a three potter! The Brio (even the E) is a couple of segments higher. Also, Honda maintenance is much cheaper. You may not beleive it but my Civic AT is cheaper to service than the old Accent was. The reason is the dealers penchant to add this and that. The worst was that they put in some 40 odd for a battery terminal spray, when I had myself replaced the battery with a new one, with petroleum jelly properly smeared. I missed this at the time of payment else would have raised hell.

why should anything be too late?
people will upgrade, teens are becoming youngsters they all will need car !

I cant see anything late in automotive Industry. Even vintage cars have value .

Top Bottom