Honda Aviator Scooter: Fuel & Chok Concerns

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

I am using Honda Aviator Scooter since last month, I am instructed to avoid the Premium Petrol Brands like "Speed"; just to use plain unleaded petol only, can anyone let me know the reason behind that.

Second thing, sometimes I forget to turn-off the Chok knob after starting & drive upto 5-10 Kms; would like to know the effect of that.

Thanks,

Hello Mukul,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Dear All,

I am using Honda Aviator Scooter since last month, I am instructed to avoid the Premium Petrol Brands like "Speed"; just to use plain unleaded petol only, can anyone let me know the reason behind that.
According to experts, theres hardly any difference between normal fuel and so called "Premium" fuels. I once read a report which said that the additives in these fuels cost nothing more than 10p per litre while the oil companies charge additional Rs.2-3 per litre. These additives have some negative effects on the engine which is why it is ideal to stick to normal fuels.

Second thing, sometimes I forget to turn-off the Chok knob after starting & drive upto 5-10 Kms; would like to know the effect of that.
Thanks,
Dont worry, its just that you burnt more fuel. It will have no adverse effect on your ride.

The effect is more fuel is surged into engine for combustion.
Actually it is done to heat the engine in Morning cold start.
The pick up will be less with choke on.
I am wondering how you didn't find the change in power with choke on.

Dear All,

Thanks,
nothing goes wrong. as akash said, you just will end up burning more fuel. but make please make it a point to avoid this practise. its not good for the engine. AFAIK, if the choke is on, the engine has to turn off after driving for a short distance. this had happend once in my dio.

nothing goes wrong. as akash said, you just will end up burning more fuel. but make please make it a point to avoid this practise. its not good for the engine. AFAIK, if the choke is on, the engine has to turn off after driving for a short distance. this had happend once in my dio.

I too had the same experience once in my aviator , after driving a little on chock, engine turned off . I think there is some settings for that .

Top Bottom