Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Hi Guys.

Need some inputs on the below:

Car in question is Honda Amaze Diesel 1st Gen (2013).

1. Honda Oil used by HASS is Idemitsu 0W-30 or 5W-30? Fully synthetic or Semi Synthetic? Honda denied providing me this info over the mail saying its fully synthetic, which I highly doubt.

2. What grade of Gear Oil (Manual) is used? Honda denied providing me this info over the mail saying its for internal classification only and confidential. What is a good option if I want to use aftermarket?

3. Who is the OEM supplier for Oil and Diesel filters?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
during the 20k km service, i had specifcally asked for the used diesel and oil filter and air filter, the airfilter make is minda, diesel filter make is mahle,oil filter has just honda badge(some south east asian language plus english instructions on it, so must be imported directly by honda)

has anyone used aftermarket brake pads for honda amaze, the cost is very tempting, u will get all 4 front brakepads for 1000 rs range from good aftermarket companies like bosch, federal mogul, my car is in warranty, will aftermarket brakes affect warranty in anyway if properly installed, i had emailed honda for the same, but they just avoided any reply.thank u.

insurance for honda amaze.....hello guys , which insurance for honda amaze will be better? decoding the honda assure myth.....for the first year ,it was honda assure via icici lombard policy for me, though they do mention various advantages, its priced at a premium , and top of it roadassistance is given as a seperate addon.....it made me think , why not go for online policy and get a good deal for my policy is for renewel in may 2018, so the first priorities were shortlisted 1) needed a insurance player who provided cashless claim settlement with almost all honda serviced dealers, the best way was ofcourse to check the participants in honda assure scheme which i crossed checked from their website( let me note, policy bazar was initially approached by me ,, but it seemed to me they were more interested in selling hdfc ergo to me and claimed it to be part of honda assure programme, but i found no tieup mention with them on honda assure website, so felt better work it out myself 2) next priority was to select an insurance that provided the option to reduce idv , always felt an idv around 5 lakh is a safe bet for a 10 lakh car , also wanted an add on to claim invoice price incase of total loss, to be on the safer side 3) next thing i looked for was the free addons that was provided as part of the package like road assistance , so considering all these factors, i felt royal sundaram insurance provided me the best package ...and i went for it....so what made me choose it 1) offered the least premium of all, cos it allowed me to keep idv around 5 lakhs, for all others a minimum of 6-7 lakhs has to be set. to be on the safer side i took addon for invoice sale price reimbursement incase of total loss, it was provided for a tempting 500rs range 2)looked for the free addons, royal provided roadside assistance and free towing upto 50km free of cost, they also provided consumables free incase of insurance related work, consumables include oils, nuts,filters etc 3) opted for nil depreciation . the final price for my insurance was around 16000rs range, more than 4000rs less than the quote honda assure provided me to renew my present policy with icici lombard. hope this will provide u better idea how to search for the best deal for insurance for your car.....its not constant, the packages vary, deals vary.....also look for the claim settlement ratio, though its almost similar among honda assure partner insurance firms, thank u.

Thread Starter #1,533
1. Honda Oil used by HASS is Idemitsu 0W-30 or 5W-30? Fully synthetic or Semi Synthetic? Honda denied providing me this info over the mail saying its fully synthetic, which I highly doubt.
The grade of the oil used is still confusing from Honda. I've even felt it difficult to find a replacement oil for Amaze. Some friend of mine tried LiquiMoly 5W30 and it got messed up and he had to change it back to Honda OE oil. Don't clearly know what was the issue he came up with.
2. What grade of Gear Oil (Manual) is used? Honda denied providing me this info over the mail saying its for internal classification only and confidential. What is a good option if I want to use aftermarket?

I'm sorry, I didn't clearly know the specs yet.

3. Who is the OEM supplier for Oil and Diesel filters?
It should be Minda right ?

has anyone used aftermarket brake pads for honda amaze, the cost is very tempting, u will get all 4 front brakepads for 1000 rs range from good aftermarket companies like bosch, federal mogul, my car is in warranty, will aftermarket brakes affect warranty in anyway if properly installed, i had emailed honda for the same, but they just avoided any reply.thank u.
Haven't used any yet but many friend's of mine are running on Brembo pads. They said they are good and brakes well. I haven't felt the need of upgrading the pads yet. [lol]

Yes, aftermarket pads will make your warranty under discretion from the svc guys.

insurance for honda amaze.....hello guys , which insurance for honda amaze will be better? decoding the honda assure myth.....for the first year ,it was honda assure via icici lombard policy for me, though they do mention various advantages, its priced at a premium , and top of it roadassistance is given as a seperate addon.....it made me think , why not go for online policy and get a good deal for my policy is for renewel in may 2018, so the first priorities were shortlisted 1) needed a insurance player who provided cashless claim settlement with almost all honda serviced dealers, the best way was ofcourse to check the participants in honda assure scheme which i crossed checked from their website( let me note, policy bazar was initially approached by me ,, but it seemed to me they were more interested in selling hdfc ergo to me and claimed it to be part of honda assure programme, but i found no tieup mention with them on honda assure website, so felt better work it out myself 2) next priority was to select an insurance that provided the option to reduce idv , always felt an idv around 5 lakh is a safe bet for a 10 lakh car , also wanted an add on to claim invoice price incase of total loss, to be on the safer side 3) next thing i looked for was the free addons that was provided as part of the package like road assistance , so considering all these factors, i felt royal sundaram insurance provided me the best package ...and i went for it....so what made me choose it 1) offered the least premium of all, cos it allowed me to keep idv around 5 lakhs, for all others a minimum of 6-7 lakhs has to be set. to be on the safer side i took addon for invoice sale price reimbursement incase of total loss, it was provided for a tempting 500rs range 2)looked for the free addons, royal provided roadside assistance and free towing upto 50km free of cost, they also provided consumables free incase of insurance related work, consumables include oils, nuts,filters etc 3) opted for nil depreciation . the final price for my insurance was around 16000rs range, more than 4000rs less than the quote honda assure provided me to renew my present policy with icici lombard. hope this will provide u better idea how to search for the best deal for insurance for your car.....its not constant, the packages vary, deals vary.....also look for the claim settlement ratio, though its almost similar among honda assure partner insurance firms, thank u.
Great ! Thank you for sharing your experience[:)]

Thread Starter #1,534
DIY Puddle Lamps

So after another huge gap I'm back with a bang :stupid:

It's been a while since I've done something useful, a useful DIY on my car. So I always wondered and drooled over the puddle lamps of high end cars. Even the one's that came in Jetta's had the oomph factor more than that of it's practicality to me. So decided to get it done.

Hardest part of the all was getting the puddle lamps located safe and secure without messing up with the mirror functions.
Got myself a pair of puddle lamps LED one's from www.oznium.com They are pretty cool.

Left side hole done, Thought this would be a simple task and started work past 8 at night. Immediately concluded this would be better done on daylight.

IMG_20171028_204815960.jpg

Trial fit

IMG_20171028_205059554.jpg

Removing the inside panels for routing the wires.

IMG_20171028_212406346.jpg

IMG_20171028_212605758.jpg

The very next day, this is the mess we created [frustration]

IMG_20171029_095821164.jpg

Right Side panel removed

IMG_20171029_123519350.jpg

Horror story. Water was getting trapped in the damp mat around this area and this started to rust.

IMG_20171029_123525622.jpg

Temporary fix for the time being.

IMG_20171029_123726731.jpg

On to the right mirror

IMG_20171029_124004717.jpg

Routing the cables was the hardest part of the whole.

IMG_20171029_124937797.jpg

IMG_20171029_125220099.jpg

IMG_20171029_125255646.jpg

IMG_20171029_125341650.jpg

Running the wires through the rubber seal it had was near to impossible.

IMG_20171029_125932076.jpg

IMG_20171029_130015248.jpg

IMG_20171029_130128190.jpg

IMG_20171029_130104035.jpg

Finally !!

IMG_20171029_124929203.jpg

Puddle Lamps in action [evil]

DSC03960.JPG.jpg

DSC03958.JPG.jpg

DSC03963.JPG.jpg

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Re: DIY Puddle Lamps

Hi Vishnu,
Super DIY with help of Devil Annan :)

I was wondering, how did you find your door wire connection, I am yet to find the door switch of my car :stupid:
Looks superb

Can you let us know how the 12v for puddle lamp was taped?
Dome light, as usual [lol].

Thread Starter #1,540
Re: Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review [80K Service]

80K Service Update

IMG_20180109_040000322.jpg

All prepped up.

IMG_20171223_095036378.jpg

IMG_20171223_102805474.jpg

Brake Pads Cleaning

IMG_20171223_102722078.jpg

The idler pulley bearing was gone and was making a humming sound since some time. As I already mentioned was waiting for the part to arrive and the next service in par, so that I can get in done in a single go. Didn't really want to go twice just for this as the humming sound was bearable.

IMG_20171223_110140943.jpg

New Idler pulley bearing

IMG_20171223_104726204.jpg

Old one out, new one in [:D]

IMG_20171223_104850213.jpg

80k engine oil change.

IMG_20171223_103457110.jpg

While on inspection, saw the rear brake cylinder on one side started to leak. Changed both sides as a preventive maintenance.

IMG_20171223_102654441.jpg

IMG_20171223_112914359.jpg

New brake cylinder

IMG_20171223_111925855.jpg

Cost 731 rs per piece.

IMG_20171223_111918996.jpg

Checking the new ones functioning

IMG_20171223_113320602.jpg

All set back.

IMG_20171223_113716163.jpg

List of parts changed. That is a huge list.
IMG_20181016_111411465-01.jpeg

Total Cost. I must say this has been the costliest service till date. Thanks to idler pulley bearing and the brake cylinders. Else would've been under 6k for sure.

IMG_20181016_111424393.jpg

hai guys,
I have a 5 year old Honda Amaze I-DTEC, which has been doing well till last year. By god's grace my car has clocked 1,10,000 kilometers recently without any accidents[angel]. Overall I love my Amaze to the core, it has been a great companion till now and i intent to take this car an another couple of lakh kilometers [:)]. I have been servicing the car from Authorized Honda service regularly. But right now i am facing a severe issue, which started around 2 years before, @ 65,000 km . One day the car showed'Check engine light' during a ride. Stopped the car for a while and when resumed it didn't show up again. Next day visited the Honda ASC, they scanned the vehicle, and informed me that they are not finding any errors. They said, Honda scanning tool can detect only those errors, which are live in the car. They cannot detect errors, which are not showing currently. They gave me a silly answer that 'the software need to be updated, and they updated it ( later i understood from another ASC that it was bullshit !!!! ). Since no problem was shown after the service, i continued to drive , just before the 80k service, it again showed. This time, the check engine light was not disappearing after a while, it was staying longer than usual. But unfortunately, again before the service, the check engine light went off. The ASC again scanned and informed me that they find some error with the fuel pump . When enquired about the solution for this, they said,the company could replace the fuel pump free of cost, as i have taken extended warranty. But they could process it only if they find this issue, while it is with them. they also suggested me to take up a video of it , next time it repeats. After this service, the 'check engine light' didn't show up for some time... but again it showed at 1lakh kilometres during a city drive, I took the video and went straight away to the ASC. This time the check engine light was visible to the service advisor also... They started working on it. The car was in the service center for 3 days. Afterwards. they gave me a call and informed me that fuel pump neednot be changed completely and only a tube needs to be changed, and they will change it under warranty. They changed it and then there was no problem till last week. Last week it showed again .This time i was frustrated and the warranty was over too and the check light is ON all time and it doesn't go off as it had previously. . Since the honda ASC guys are just used to replacing the entire part, even without making 100% sure about the problem, i decided to take my car to a friend's workshop dealing with maintenance of luxury cars such as Scoda, M Benz etc. They did a scan and revealed and showed the code as P0193 - Fuel Rail Sensor : Input Fuel pressure abnormally high. Due to the check engine light, the car has lost its pickup.it performs so badly. Can you guys suggest me a rectification. I am based in Kerala.

Top Bottom