Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Akash1886

Honoured Member
When I asked for his suggestion to buy myself one, he suggested me to go for Maruti Dzire, as he says, I would end up spending almost 50% more in spares, and of course labour charges, when compared to Maruti rival. I will be forced to spend more only for the sake of Honda brand, he says.

Bit confused. Can someone guide me here ? My daily usage would be 48 kms exactly, which accounts for a monthly 1000 km for office commute, and additionally my outstation trips would be another 6k-7k kms, which ends up in around 18-19k kms a year.
Buddy, I own a Honda Car and had owned a Esteem for a decade, in comparison to Honda, yes, the spares are cheaper and the big service network ensures real time spares availability in most cases. Honda's spares are pricey no doubt on that. What I would suggest is if you want to buy a Honda car then beyond the free services, get your car serviced at any reliable and good FNG. I have been following the same and my CITY is around 72000 kms. The biggest payment in my 6+ years of ownership was Rs. 10K in May-2017 when I got the brake pads changed + spark plugs changed for the 1st time. In Maruti, you'll be saved of all these highly priced spares etc. Also, try out TML cars too. I sold my Esteem and bought Tigor. If you know what exactly your car demands in a service then you'll never be fleeced by any brand's dealer and if you know the art of negotiation, you can easily cut down on the cost of service bills too.

Regards

Akash

Excellent review on Amaze. Even my +2 classmate has one in Diesel, driving in Bangalore and he has been happy with around 26 kmpl mileage (Diesel) on highway at 80 kmph speed and below 2k rpm.

He says his top speed was 150 kph at risk and 120 was good enough with 22 kmpl mileage.

When I asked for his suggestion to buy myself one, he suggested me to go for Maruti Dzire, as he says, I would end up spending almost 50% more in spares, and of course labour charges, when compared to Maruti rival. I will be forced to spend more only for the sake of Honda brand, he says.

Bit confused. Can someone guide me here ? My daily usage would be 48 kms exactly, which accounts for a monthly 1000 km for office commute, and additionally my outstation trips would be another 6k-7k kms, which ends up in around 18-19k kms a year.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Kumar_CarFreak
The new Dzire is indeed a stunner of a car with a very reliable and fuel efficient diesel engine. With the maintenance and spares slightly lower than Amaze, its the car to buy.
Anyways,the all new Amaze is just round the corner, you can have TD of both cars simultaneously to feel which one suits you to the T.

ALL THE BEST bro

I have a 2013 Amaze i-Dtec, would be nice to get a slight performance boost to keep me happy for another couple of years. So, is it worth to go for a ECU remap?
There is a remap available that pushes the output to 126bhP and 240nm of torque. Will this offer a significant boost in terms of acceleration. How much can I expect the 0-100 timings to improve with this remap?

I believe amaze diesel has a speed limiter set at 140 from Honda itself . Have you got that removed ?
If yes then remap makes sense and would increase the fun to drive factor. 0-100 might increase by 1.5-2 s.
If no it doesn't make sense for remap

Last edited:
I believe amaze diesel has a speed limiter set at 140 from Honda itself . Have you got that removed ?
If yes then remap makes sense and would increase the fun to drive factor. 0-100 might increase by 1.5-2 s.
If no it doesn't make sense for remap
I was told the limiter can be removed on certain firmwares, hopefully mine is compatible.

Thread Starter #1,521
How did you damp your car? I am looking for a solution to fix noise. Have you measured cabin sound before and after damping?
I haven't measured it by any device. But I've felt that the NVH has came down significantly.

Guys

I have done 58k in amaze. I get clutch squeeze noise. Service center guys lubricated clutch fork and slave cylinder piston couple of times. But issue repeats after a day or 2. Finally they removed all the clutch related parts analysed and suggested for replace of clutch and cost around 21k approximate. Any one have changed clutch and what is the life span.
That is an issue with the first batch amaze's I believe. I too have that issue. But mine comes around 5k kms. So it's not an issue to be much bothered about.

Excellent review on Amaze. Even my +2 classmate has one in Diesel, driving in Bangalore and he has been happy with around 26 kmpl mileage (Diesel) on highway at 80 kmph speed and below 2k rpm.

He says his top speed was 150 kph at risk and 120 was good enough with 22 kmpl mileage.

Thanks in advance.
I bought amaze when my daily commute was 140kms daily. It was comparatively cheap or in par with the competition. I'm not sure what the current scenarios are. I believe both amaze and desire should be in par when it comes to maintenance cost.

I have a 2013 Amaze i-Dtec, would be nice to get a slight performance boost to keep me happy for another couple of years. So, is it worth to go for a ECU remap?
There is a remap available that pushes the output to 126bhP and 240nm of torque. Will this offer a significant boost in terms of acceleration. How much can I expect the 0-100 timings to improve with this remap?
Code6 remap?

Yes the limiter would be a problem , even though you remove the limiter I don't think the speedo will show speeds after 140 as I've seen in many you tube videos where Brio's with turbo's and all connecting a separate speedo to get the correct readings where as this speedo will still be stuck at 140 Kmph

Code6 remap?

Yes the limiter would be a problem , even though you remove the limiter I don't think the speedo will show speeds after 140 as I've seen in many you tube videos where Brio's with turbo's and all connecting a separate speedo to get the correct readings where as this speedo will still be stuck at 140 Kmph
Yes that one. Did you get it for your car?
Also, regarding the limiter they said it can mostly be removed. And they even shared with me a video of an unlocked/remapped Amaze doing speeds of 170+ on the Speedo.

Thread Starter #1,523
Yes that one. Did you get it for your car?
Also, regarding the limiter they said it can mostly be removed. And they even shared with me a video of an unlocked/remapped Amaze doing speeds of 170+ on the Speedo.
I inquired with them since my friend here is the Code6 dealer.

I'm on a dilemma. I'm already happy with the current output and hence. Nevertheless anything more is even more fun [;)]

Guys, why no one is talking about the amazing diesel CVT ? Any information regarding its specifications ? I heard that the CVT Gearbox unit is lifted from Honda Accord 2.4L.

Last edited:
Hi Guys.

Need some inputs on the below:

Car in question is Honda Amaze Diesel 1st Gen (2013).

1. Honda Oil used by HASS is Idemitsu 0W-30 or 5W-30? Fully synthetic or Semi Synthetic? Honda denied providing me this info over the mail saying its fully synthetic, which I highly doubt.

2. What grade of Gear Oil (Manual) is used? Honda denied providing me this info over the mail saying its for internal classification only and confidential. What is a good option if I want to use aftermarket?

3. Who is the OEM supplier for Oil and Diesel filters?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey,
Did you try checking the Parcel Tray ? It might be loose . I do have some sounds from the parcel tray since after the speaker upgrade . Do check that out.[:)]
Can you please enlighten me on the rear speaker upgrade part? None of the local guys here have a clue. Listening to 4" JBLs for 4 years [frustration]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Can you please enlighten me on the rear speaker upgrade part? None of the local guys here have a clue. Listening to 4" JBLs for 4 years [frustration]
JBL CS-5C. Woofer with spacer on parcel tray. Tweeter on C pillar. Same model comes in coaxial version, CS-5. Spacer was mix and match. I believe, we had an inch gap or more to prevent magnet from touching below, at the same time not mess with the parcel tray plastic cladding.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...vx-i-dtec-ownership-review-56.html#post384283

Top Bottom