Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #181
Please follow this link DampMat – Damping material from Audio SymPro, the whole set costs 8k,and if you think the budget is high then you can follow our DIY guru Varun's thread here:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cheap-method-car-damping-using-yoga-mats.html

True
well, what about @deville_56 metioned. It really needs damping under the hood and firewall[frustration]. Can it be done using these ?

Vishnu

That is a great FE and a good update from your side. Would love to see what kind of FE is given by Amaze petrol.

Amaze petrol owners,
Please provide your valuable inputs.
This is what the MID shows, will check from tankful to tankful method :)

Yes i had couple of horrible experience due to some bad SA attitude in servicing my car in Trivandrum. But when i raised this as a complaint they have come back strongly with an excellent SA always dealing with me. First thing he does is to drive my car very slowly in service area while most guys drive very rashly. He also takes care of small things and complaints in my car. Now i am totally happy with service experience.

Regards,
Sankar
It happens in every svc's , once a mail has been sent, then they started taking extra care:tongue:

But this is a diesel vehicle
Yes, He asked someone just to put a petrol amaze FE [lol]

My Amaze (Petrol) had done around 600km.
16kmpl in highway (with 5 adult)
14kmpl in city.
All the figures are from the console and with 100% AC on.
Well, those are nice figures :)

Hi Vishnu,

Can you let me know the service interval for Amaze (Diesel)?

Hi Amaze Petrol owners,

Can any one let me know the service interval for Amaze (Petrol)?

Manual shows 6 months inspection for the components for both Petrol and Diesel, but the dealers documents (just a xerox copy, for my Petrol car) says 3 months service interval. 3 months service interval is very short and may lead to high maintenance cost.

Thanks

My Amaze (Petrol) had done around 600km.
16kmpl in highway (with 5 adult)
14kmpl in city.
All the figures are from the console and with 100% AC on.
Thanks for the input. Looks like a good FE for a sedan. Do you calculate FE based on the tankful to tankful method?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #186
Like he suggested, just had a look at this website:
Dynamat India, this product is quite expensive for damping the hood alone.
That's pretty costly[cry]

Hi Vishnu,

Can you let me know the service interval for Amaze (Diesel)?

Hi Amaze Petrol owners,

Can any one let me know the service interval for Amaze (Petrol)?

Manual shows 6 months inspection for the components for both Petrol and Diesel, but the dealers documents (just a xerox copy, for my Petrol car) says 3 months service interval. 3 months service interval is very short and may lead to high maintenance cost.

Thanks
Yes, The Service interval for both Diesel and Petrol Amaze is either 6 months or 10,000kms which ever comes first. Attaching picture of the service book. You got an extra dealer document ?[shock]

DSC05748.JPG

DSC05750.JPG

DSC05751.JPG

DSC05752.JPG

@Vishu,

Can please comment on these things of your Amaze diesel

1.Maintenance cost so far
2.Present FE
3.Ground clearance, suspension issues any[:)]

Thread Starter #188
@Vishu,

Can please comment on these things of your Amaze diesel

1.Maintenance cost so far
2.Present FE
3.Ground clearance, suspension issues any
1.Maintenance cost so far - Absolutely 0 [clap], 5.5k kms till date
2.Present FE - Getting around 21 kmpl overall with 100% AC drive
3.Ground clearance, suspension issues any - Ground clearance has never been an issue for me till now[:D], i haven't scrapped my under body till now, even when the boot was full and with maximum capacity of people[clap]

1.Maintenance cost so far - Absolutely 0 [clap], 5.5k kms till date
2.Present FE - Getting around 21 kmpl overall with 100% AC drive
3.Ground clearance, suspension issues any - Ground clearance has never been an issue for me till now[:D], i haven't scrapped my under body till now, even when the boot was full and with maximum capacity of people[clap]
Thank you for the prompt reply, wish to see your IDTEC during the next week in Kochi(if you happened come there).

1. Good that there is no GC issue like Honda City, but have you traveled in considerable village roads so far ??

2. How about the engine noise in cabin while in different speeds

Thread Starter #190
Thank you for the prompt reply, wish to see your IDTEC during the next week in Kochi(if you happened come there).

1. Good that there is no GC issue like Honda City, but have you traveled in considerable village roads so far ??

2. How about the engine noise in cabin while in different speeds

1. of course, Had a recent trip to Muvattupuzha , cochin and then to My native place piravom, which is blessed with potholes and crater's all over the road[frustration] and the vehicle performed really well, that's why i felt pretty much confident while answering [:D]

2. The diesel clatter is pretty much felt while idling , and the clatter settles once past 1.5k rpm and then the sound is normal to any other diesel engine. NVH is a bit let down[frustration]

Thread Starter #193
Yes, I have attached copy just for info. (just removed the customer name [;)])
It's correct upto 3rd , and after that instead of 5000 it's 10,000 [:D] By the way , i haven't got any such copy.

Oh !! even Maruti diesel cars have the same schedule till 3rd free service and from then it is 10000km for each service.
yes yes [:)]

Thread Starter #194
Drive Report

Hi Folks,

Had a Recent Drive to my Native place, where i was warmly welcomed by pothole's and muddy crater's and what more, yes Heavy rains indeed [:D]

Heavy rain's doing their job pretty well

DSC_0174.jpg

Far Far away from the social life, where there's limited mobile network , in short Peace of Mind Enjoying the beautiful drizzles.

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

Amaze getting a Free Pressurized Water Wash:tongue:

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

Somewhere down the roads

DSC_0193.jpg

Top View

DSC_0195.jpg

Trying with the limits, Believe me , this boot contained

1. a two burner Gas stove
2. 15 shopkeeper bags at least
3. 4 suitcases

and still there were some more space for squeezing in another goods !

DSC_0183.jpg

Finally some good stretch of Tarmac

DSC_0198.jpg

Trying out on my Photography skills :tongue:

DSC_0200.jpg

This is what the average mileage that i got on the full trip and sadly the trip was full of bumper to bumper traffic due to the Onam Festival and a lot of small journey's inside the village as everybody badly needed a drive on the new car

DSC05754.jpg

Total km's covered for the whole trip

DSC05755.jpg

Top Bottom