Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #166
Hi,

It is really amazing to see you posting.
I Just want your views on the maintanance and servicing cost of the Honda Brand. Many confuse me about the high pricing when compared to Maruthi...
Please guide me wih your valuable views.

Thanks
Hi Katheeshkumar [:)]

I've done 2 services till now , 1st on 1000kms and 2nd on 5000 kms. The services where Billed of 0 Cost[clap] and since the oil chnge is yet to be done on the 3rd service, that is on 10,000kms i won't be thinking it would be drilling a hole in your pocket[:D]

Thanks Vishnu..
My friends who own other brand fear me that spare parts and other maintenance cost is high for the brand HONDA..!!
I'm postponding my booking for Amaze only for this reason.

Thread Starter #168
Thanks Vishnu..
My friends who own other brand fear me that spare parts and other maintenance cost is high for the brand HONDA..!!
I'm postponding my booking for Amaze only for this reason.
i don't find a point in it , to be frank[confused] i have once posted here about my ORVM indicator being broken and the MRP of the new ORVM, internally adjustable,power folding was quoted around 4k where as one of my friend's internally adjustable swift's ORVM quoted 5.5K[shock] since then i have never felt Honda's cost to be high[cheers]

Thread Starter #169
Hi Folks ,

Recently had a quick run to Cochin with my beauty. The Car Performed excpetionally well and the only thing odd i found was the NVH Levels[frustration] Why Honda ? Why?[cry]
* What would've happened if a little more damping material was added ?
* How much is it gonna change the Price Tag ?[cry]

When it come's to Efficiency, it just shocked me, i was ripping from trivandrum to all the way till cochin, almost 210kms one side and 27.1km/l was what the MID showed. Though there can be error's in it, i've got more mileage on that ripping :P
DSC_0113.jpg

After getting into Cochin city, had a very bad time with traffic jams and the mileage figures starts to drop and 24.0km/l is what got for the whole trip. Pic taken after reaching back home

DSC05740.JPG

Total kilometer's covered in that trip and see how much fuel is left behind on a 35L tank.

DSC05741.JPG

Hi Folks ,

Recently had a quick run to Cochin with my beauty. The Car Performed excpetionally well and the only thing odd i found was the NVH Levels[frustration] Why Honda ? Why?[cry]
* What would've happened if a little more damping material was added ?
* How much is it gonna change the Price Tag ?
You could do a DIY using Yoga mats or buy dampmat to curb this issue, will give you a perfect soultion if there's no budget concerns.

When it come's to Efficiency, it just shocked me, i was ripping from trivandrum to all the way till cochin, almost 210kms one side and 27.1km/l was what the MID showed. Though there can be error's in it, i've got more mileage on that ripping :P
View attachment 107971

After getting into Cochin city, had a very bad time with traffic jams and the mileage figures starts to drop and 24.0km/l is what got for the whole trip. Pic taken after reaching back home

Total kilometer's covered in that trip and see how much fuel is left behind on a 35L tank.
That's a great update and too great FE you got there! ooh i cant' even think of these figures in my Enjoy [lol]

Thread Starter #172
You could do a DIY using Yoga mats or buy dampmat to curb this issue, will give you a perfect soultion if there's no budget concerns.

That's a great update and too great FE you got there! ooh i cant' even think of these figures in my Enjoy
DIY ?[evil] Please guide me how all i can reduce the NVH cost effectively, and what's that perfect solution ? Is it too costly ?

When you have lot's of Torque on your Foot, why would you even care the FE on an Enjoy ?[clap] Just Enjoy Enjoy[:D]

Trust me, New Maruti's are not cheap anymore. Spare and service cost are up in par with the competition for the new models. Every brand except the VW, bears similar maintenance cost.
That's correct. But VW service maintenance is usually once in a year, where as others twice in a year. So, I don't think there would be much difference in maintenance cost.

Maruti is not cheap anyways, but Maruti vehicles easy to get serviced comparing to Hyundai or Tata and they following up on service intervals and very good in terms of customer interaction.

For example when I asked to pick up my Nano for service from our house, Tata ASS asked for drivers bata and it is never happened with Maruti. If you need more proof, look at the sales chart of marutis :) nothing beat MSL in terms of ASS at least in Cochin, Trissur and Palakkad and as per Shankar's feedback they are utter waste in TVM!

DIY ?[evil] Please guide me how all i can reduce the NVH cost effectively, and what's that perfect solution ? Is it too costly?
Please follow this link DampMat – Damping material from Audio SymPro, the whole set costs 8k,and if you think the budget is high then you can follow our DIY guru Varun's thread here:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cheap-method-car-damping-using-yoga-mats.html

When you have lot's of Torque on your Foot, why would you even care the FE on an Enjoy ?Just Enjoy Enjoy
True

deville_56

Honoured Member
Maruti is not cheap anyways, but Maruti vehicles easy to get serviced comparing to Hyundai or Tata and they following up on service intervals and very good in terms of customer interaction.

For example when I asked to pick up my Nano for service from our house, Tata ASS asked for drivers bata and it is never happened with Maruti. If you need more proof, look at the sales chart of marutis :) nothing beat MSL in terms of ASS at least in Cochin, Trissur and Palakkad and as per Shankar's feedback they are utter waste in TVM!
Yes i had couple of horrible experience due to some bad SA attitude in servicing my car in Trivandrum. But when i raised this as a complaint they have come back strongly with an excellent SA always dealing with me. First thing he does is to drive my car very slowly in service area while most guys drive very rashly. He also takes care of small things and complaints in my car. Now i am totally happy with service experience.[clap]

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom