Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #137
Hi Guys,

Got a Chance finally to have quite a few Kilometer's Drive in Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Yes The Competant for what i own[evil] and here's what i Concluded on it

1) The Cabin feels of a step more on Quality than Honda amaze. The Wood like Trim's , Chrome Rings and Pop up Glass Holder is pretty Nice and the Fit and Finish is much more better when compared to that of the Brio'ish Amaze Cabin.

2) The Insturment Cluster is Much more Sportier when compared to amaze, The MID display feels good along with silver bits here and there , In short a much Sportier Feel :)

3) The Engine is Pretty Silent during Idling, Yes Only During Idling

4) Diesel Clatter Starts to creep inside even on the early rpm levels and it becomes much more strong while passing 2-3k rpm, i felt amaze to be relatively silent when compared to Dzire.

5) Rear Leg room is so much cramped. I felt a very bad time having on the rear seat.

6) Rear Head room is also not very great. Though i was having few cm's above my head, the roof felt so near to me when compared to that of amaze.

7) Rear Doors opening is not so great.Felt hard while entering the rear seat.

8) Air Condition's cooling is not as much effective as that of Amaze. I always used to roam around with the Blower speed on 1 and during noon time, i used to change it to 2. That's the maximum i have ever put on my amaze. While Doing the Test-drive,Time was around 10am and the blower was in 1 and i never felt any cold in the rear seat, i was heating up and i used to remember my friends yelling at me to reduce the blower speed and ended up surprised on realizing that this is the least possible blower speed[clap]

9) I felt amaze to be much more torquier than the Dzire, cuz at some point of time , i started to feel the engine knocking, which is the most hated by me[frustration], Yes i know that it's much more powerful than the Dzire , though i expected more from the best selling Sub 4m Sedan :(

PS : This is what i Experienced while doing the Test-drive and No Offence to The Dzire Owners :) Feel Free to Correct Me If you felt me Wrong at any point of view explained here.!

Hi Guys,

Got a Chance finally to have quite a few Kilometer's Drive in Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Yes The Competant for what i own and here's what i Concluded on it

1) The Cabin feels of a step more on Quality than Honda amaze. The Wood like Trim's , Chrome Rings and Pop up Glass Holder is pretty Nice and the Fit and Finish is much more better when compared to that of the Brio'ish Amaze Cabin.

2) The Insturment Cluster is Much more Sportier when compared to amaze, The MID display feels good along with silver bits here and there , In short a much Sportier Feel :)

3) The Engine is Pretty Silent during Idling, Yes Only During Idling

4) Diesel Clatter Starts to creep inside even on the early rpm levels and it becomes much more strong while passing 2-3k rpm, i felt amaze to be relatively silent when compared to Dzire.

5) Rear Leg room is so much cramped. I felt a very bad time having on the rear seat.

6) Rear Head room is also not very great. Though i was having few cm's above my head, the roof felt so near to me when compared to that of amaze.

7) Rear Doors opening is not so great.Felt hard while entering the rear seat.

8) Air Condition's cooling is not as much effective as that of Amaze. I always used to roam around with the Blower speed on 1 and during noon time, i used to change it to 2. That's the maximum i have ever put on my amaze. While Doing the Test-drive,Time was around 10am and the blower was in 1 and i never felt any cold in the rear seat, i was heating up and i used to remember my friends yelling at me to reduce the blower speed and ended up surprised on realizing that this is the least possible blower speed[clap]

9) I felt amaze to be much more torquier than the Dzire, cuz at some point of time , i started to feel the engine knocking, which is the most hated by me[frustration], Yes i know that it's much more powerful than the Dzire , though i expected more from the best selling Sub 4m Sedan :(

PS : This is what i Experienced while doing the Test-drive and No Offence to The Dzire Owners :) Feel Free to Correct Me If you felt me Wrong at any point of view explained here.!

All your points are absolutely spot on regarding new sub 4m new Dzire vs Amaze. Amaze really is a much better option that Dzire in all aspect except may be better interior design, quality and may be the peace of mind of owing car which has proven diesel engine. Almost everything is in favor of Amaze and i frankly don't know how Dzire sells this much considering Amaze is now in production for more than 2-3 months.

Personally i felt the new Dzire to be less sporty to drive when compared to old one that i owned probably due to lack of turbolag. The surge in power at 1900 rpm is truly addictive in my car:stupid:

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #139
All your points are absolutely spot on regarding new sub 4m new Dzire vs Amaze. Amaze really is a much better option that Dzire in all aspect except may be better interior design, quality and may be the peace of mind of owing car which has proven diesel engine. Almost everything is in favor of Amaze and i frankly don't know how Dzire sells this much considering Amaze is now in production for more than 2-3 months.

Personally i felt the new Dzire to be less sporty to drive when compared to old one that i owned probably due to lack of turbolag. The surge in power at 1900 rpm is truly addictive in my car

Regards,
Sankar
Even i used to go mad at that power range and i can't contain myself when the turbo kicks in on a swift or an I20[evil] but now enjoying and gettin used to the linear turbo kick in:tongue:[drive]

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY SPEEDSATYA ON ******** "there is a "khat - khat " sound from the rear that's audible ONLY when the hand brake is on and when you alight from the drivers side. Initially I was worried that its a problem with my vehicle. The idiots at Dakshin Honda even said that they didn't do a proper PDI and hence had forgotten to check the torque on the bolts in the at suspension !!!!!

Later on ,while checking out other cars , I realised this is there in all cars." THE OWNERS PLEASE SHARE IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS WITH YOUR CAR

Even i used to go mad at that power range and i can't contain myself when the turbo kicks in on a swift or an I20 but now enjoying and gettin used to the linear turbo kick in:tongue:[drive]
I ma going the opposite way. Was used to linear power delivery. But now i am addicted to the power surge at 1800rpm[:D]

Regards,
Sankar

deville_56

Honoured Member
Actually he was peeing after driving the i20 for the first time, turbo kicked in and i20 cut through cycle gap between 2+2 autos [evil] and he was driving it like mad max from Kollam to Trivandrum.

I ma going the opposite way. Was used to linear power delivery. But now i am addicted to the power surge at 1800rpm[:D]

Regards,
Sankar
Though it is linear, it is very much capable at speeds 100 bhp at disposal on a lighter car [evil]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #143
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY SPEEDSATYA ON ******** "there is a "khat - khat " sound from the rear that's audible ONLY when the hand brake is on and when you alight from the drivers side. Initially I was worried that its a problem with my vehicle. The idiots at Dakshin Honda even said that they didn't do a proper PDI and hence had forgotten to check the torque on the bolts in the at suspension !!!!!

Later on ,while checking out other cars , I realised this is there in all cars." THE OWNERS PLEASE SHARE IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS WITH YOUR CAR
I have checked it , and i don't feel anything unusual there !

Actually he was peeing after driving the i20 for the first time, turbo kicked in and i20 cut through cycle gap between 2+2 autos [evil] and he was driving it like mad max from Kollam to Trivandrum.

Though it is linear, it is very much capable at speeds 100 bhp at disposal on a lighter car [evil]
[evil]

hello vishnu sir,
I want buy a car by now but I am in great confused state of mind which car to buy. Firstly, I was thinking of Dzire VDI, later I came to know about Amaze. I tested amaze and its really a good one.
Confusion is some are asking me to go for Dzire as it has already a market review which is in terms good as suits to all like class and mass. I heard spare parts (Pressure belts etc.) of honda are costlier than that of Maruti. I also heard that Amaze gives milage of 25.8 (Diesel) but only on paper. On the road it gives only 20 (Highway) I am unable to find truth. I want to buy Amaze but I am afraid if i shall not be able to carry its post buying expenditures. I am thinking in very much economical prospective, so please let me know, which car I should buy???

Oh yes very true but the turbo "rush" that you feel after initial lag is truly addictive. Moving from a very linear Hyundai i10, i am a fan of MJD now[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #146
hello vishnu sir,
I want buy a car by now but I am in great confused state of mind which car to buy. Firstly, I was thinking of Dzire VDI, later I came to know about Amaze. I tested amaze and its really a good one.
Confusion is some are asking me to go for Dzire as it has already a market review which is in terms good as suits to all like class and mass. I heard spare parts (Pressure belts etc.) of honda are costlier than that of Maruti. I also heard that Amaze gives milage of 25.8 (Diesel) but only on paper. On the road it gives only 20 (Highway) I am unable to find truth. I want to buy Amaze but I am afraid if i shall not be able to carry its post buying expenditures. I am thinking in very much economical prospective, so please let me know, which car I should buy???
Well, Amaze was developed especially for India and i don't think Honda won't be keeping the economical prospective to be high. I haven't been to my 3rd service where the first oil change is supposed to take place and hence am not able to describe how would it cost, though the Honda guy's have shown a chart between the running cost of Honda Amaze and Swift Dzire and the chart show's that amaze is comparatively cheaper to maintain than the Dzire, Donno how true ??

Even i had got my ORVM Indicator broken and when i checked the price at Honda, they said it will be costing around 4K and when i checked it with a Maruti Dealer on the Swift's ORVM, they said it will be costing around 5.5K[shock]

and about the mileage i used to get around 20kmpl with 100% of city driving[clap] and the below picture show's Mileage of My Amaze till date, i use tankful to tankful method [:D]

Screenshot_2013-09-05-05-49-41.jpg

The best advice i could give is that go for a Simultaneous Test drive on both Honda Amaze and Swift Dzire, and go for what you mind say's :) I have Done the Same and I am pretty Happy with what i've got ! :)

In my option new dzire is more looker in and out comparing to Amaze, but the powerful engine and silent cabin makes the difference. both cars are good in terms of their own plus and minus :) I personally liked dzire! only in looks anyway

Thread Starter #149
In my option new dzire is more looker in and out comparing to Amaze, but the powerful engine and silent cabin makes the difference. both cars are good in terms of their own plus and minus :) I personally liked dzire! only in looks anyway
New Sub 4 m Dzire's Boot is a Disaster [frustration], The old one's boot was looking much more integrated than the new one's like the boot being stitched to a swift's rear [frustration]

But i used to have problem's with the turbo lag region
Problem?[confused] I didn't get you mate?

New Sub 4 m Dzire's Boot is a Disaster , The old one's boot was looking much more integrated than the new one's like the boot being stitched to a swift's rear [frustration]
Actually New Dzire looks grows on you after some time and most would start liking it. I got this comments from many New Dzire owners. But in my opinion old Dzire looked much better and also had a large boot compared to new one. I went for Dzire Tour LDi only because of this reason. 460L of boot space for placing couple of subwoofers and still lots of space left for luggage usage.

I think Amaze has much more powerful engine than Dzire and also is very quick compared to Dzire. But Amaze has terrible interiors not worthy of 9L price tag and Honda's unknown service costs for their first diesel car in India are the negatives. (Parts availability will be another issue)

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom