Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Hey Vishnu, have you driven the Jazz 1.5 iDtec ? If yes, how is it like to drive ? I am hearing that the new ones are coming with improved NVH levels. How is the torque spread and clutch lightness in your car ? And how would you rate Honda diesels in terms of reliability? Is Honda 1.5 iDtec at par with Toyota 1.4 D-4D ? And is the reliability of Honda Diesel engine more than a VW 1.5 TDI and Fiat 1.3 MJD? I want know your opinion on this.

Thread Starter #1,473
Hey Vishnu, have you driven the Jazz 1.5 iDtec ? If yes, how is it like to drive ? I am hearing that the new ones are coming with improved NVH levels.
Yes, a friend of mine has one. NVH levels are far far better than my 2013 Amaze. Even though it's the same mill, I've felt that they have tweaked the gear ratios for better acceleration from standstill. I evidently felt it.

How is the torque spread and clutch lightness in your car ?
Torque spread is linear but adequate. At times you've to work the gears if you need a quick overtake with 4 people on board and I'm running on 205's . So in stock tires acceleration will be better.

And how would you rate Honda diesels in terms of reliability?
I haven't had any issues till now. It's almost getting 73k. *fingers crossed*

Is Honda 1.5 iDtec at par with Toyota 1.4 D-4D ?
I've felt the Toyota engines much more linear, smooth and less vibrations compared to the 2013 1.5L iDtec engines. The recent ones are much better as heard.

And is the reliability of Honda Diesel engine more than a VW 1.5 TDI and Fiat 1.3 MJD? I want know your opinion on this.
That's a tough thing to debate on. It depends on a lot of factors like how you maintain your car..etc etc. We've heard VW running 2L without a single check engine light [lol] as well car's which are troublesome from the day of delivery. Same as with Honda as well. So far my journey with Amaze was never troublesome. I've pretty long drives as well. Let's hope it continues [:D]

Re: DIY Meshing and Horn Upgrade

Thanks Vishnu for your modding tutorials. Did the front grill mod on my new Amaze and pretty happy with the results. [:D]
Followed the same steps and used M Seal to fix it along with black small single wire at center for additional support.
The first thing that came into my mind when i saw Honda amaze was the Exposed radiator Grill
Hello Vishnu,
Have been following this thread and thankyou for sharing so much of information.
I wanted to remove the front bumper to install a DRL, do we need to remove any more nuts apart from those below the bumper and above the front wheels?

I also want to route a wire from inside of fusebox (i have got a fuse-tap to connect to 12v acc fuse) to run all the way to connect to a relay and finally to DRL. But i'm not able to figure out how to route the wire from outside(bonnet) to the internal cabin.(fusebox).
Can this be done a DIY?..or would i have to take it to a technician to get this done?..

I'm more of a DIY guy when it comes to my motorbikes, but this is my first car and i'm being a little cautious. [embarass]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adkztgvJ58I this is my drl setup on my bike and i'm pretty much trying to do similar setup on my car now.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Girish

Thread Starter #1,475
Re: DIY Meshing and Horn Upgrade

Hello Vishnu,
Have been following this thread and thankyou for sharing so much of information.
I wanted to remove the front bumper to install a DRL, do we need to remove any more nuts apart from those below the bumper and above the front wheels?
Yes. You have to get the skid plates lock out as well. Carefully pull out the bumber ends and voila it comes out with ease.

I also want to route a wire from inside of fusebox (i have got a fuse-tap to connect to 12v acc fuse) to run all the way to connect to a relay and finally to DRL. But i'm not able to figure out how to route the wire from outside(bonnet) to the internal cabin.(fusebox).
I didn't quite get you there [confused]

I'm more of a DIY guy when it comes to my motorbikes, but this is my first car and i'm being a little cautious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adkztgvJ58I this is my drl setup on my bike and i'm pretty much trying to do similar setup on my car now.
Great [clap]

Was able to pull out the bumper and add the DRL today. Thanks to Vishnu's instructions, i didnt break anything [clap].

Drilled and installed 3 x 3W LED on each side of the bumper. This is wired with 2 relays, each connected to mains via 10A fuse. Have tapped into turnsignals so that the DRL blink along with the DRL.
Activated when the key is in the car. Stays on for about 40seconds after car is turned off & key removed.
Will post some pics shortly.

I also tried to add the grill, but couldnt get the dang thing to stick properly to the bumper. (stainless steel type), Tried hot glue and silicone. Finally used some cable ties (small size) and looped them.

Thread Starter #1,477
Was able to pull out the bumper and add the DRL today. Thanks to Vishnu's instructions, i didnt break anything [clap].
Drilled and installed 3 x 3W LED on each side of the bumper. This is wired with 2 relays, each connected to mains via 10A fuse. Have tapped into turnsignals so that the DRL blink along with the DRL.
Activated when the key is in the car. Stays on for about 40seconds after car is turned off & key removed.
Will post some pics shortly.
[clap]

I also tried to add the grill, but couldnt get the dang thing to stick properly to the bumper. (stainless steel type), Tried hot glue and silicone. Finally used some cable ties (small size) and looped them.
I used M-seal. Almost all Accessory shops here do the same trick as well. No drills or holes [:D]

Is it true Honda has extended tge service interval period from 6 months to 12 months..?
Or is it only for newer models..?
My amaze has very low running, so goig to service centers very often with low running seems to be a bit nonsense

Thread Starter #1,481
Is it true Honda has extended tge service interval period from 6 months to 12 months..?
Or is it only for newer models..?
My amaze has very low running, so goig to service centers very often with low running seems to be a bit nonsense��
I've heard the same. I think it's only for newer models. I'm also getting a service call by every 6 months.
Even if you've low running , get the oil changed once an year. It will be good enough [:)]

Hey..., I think you slowed down on your odo. Am I correct? I was not regular here for more time.
Yes yes..My college days are over and that was my main commute[:)]

Anyway you're on right time [;)]

3 Years 11 Months 21 Days

IMG_20170408_174347072.jpg

Hello all,
I have completed 1L on odo, so far experiance with amaze is excellent, loved every mile.
I ran almost 50k on yoko 205/50R15, need to change them now.
Can i opt for Micheline XM2 195/60R15 ? Or falken with 205/55R15 ?
My concern for this post is .. this time i wants to try Mecheline and 50 or 55 profile not available with them. One more option can be apollo 195/55R15. If i go with XM2 is there anychance they hits body if car running in load? With 60 profiles?
Please suggest.

Thread Starter #1,483
Hello all,
I have completed 1L on odo, so far experiance with amaze is excellent, loved every mile.
I ran almost 50k on yoko 205/50R15, need to change them now.
Can i opt for Micheline XM2 195/60R15 ? Or falken with 205/55R15 ?
My concern for this post is .. this time i wants to try Mecheline and 50 or 55 profile not available with them. One more option can be apollo 195/55R15. If i go with XM2 is there anychance they hits body if car running in load? With 60 profiles?
Please suggest.
Wow, Did you complete the 1L service ? How was it ?
and coming to the tires, I would advise you to stick onto 205-55-15 because 205-60-15 is an in appropriate size and ratio.
Michelin would be any day better than the Appolo Alnac's [roll]

Thread Starter #1,484
4 Years Completed with Amaze

Was on a very busy schedule and was doing some family errands which made the amaze eat up miles pretty quick. Right on her 4th birthday she marked 75,000 kms on the odo.

20170527_070929.jpg

IMG_20170711_050744305.jpg

..and as a birthday pampering , Got her an appointment at The Ceramic Pro guys from Kollam which was the nearest one from Trivandrum and also a good friend of mine. Got her prepped up :biggrin:

Let the pictures do the talking [lol]

20170708_102403.jpg

20170708_102408.jpg

GOPR0286_1499532086136_high.JPG

G0220280_1499532063068_high.JPG

Top Bottom