Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

hi everyone sorry for not posting for a long time... being into professional life its difficult to find time for personal needs, anyways last week i got my amaze smt a custom fit fog lights .
the smt version doesnt have a fog lamp, honda was charging 13000 for fog lamps. But called my car jewels shop and he coated 3500 including fitting charges.
Went through ebay and found the kit to cost 3680. So asked the carshop person to get the kit.
so went with a mind set that cutting the bumper shouldnt bother me.

the bumper was removed and back side of the bumper had crease lines for fog lamp(i felt relieved) so they cut the bumper along the lines and tried the kit it fit perfectly. Hope the picture speaks
Hai can you share the shop in which you did this along with contact number/address. It looks good. Where was switch fixed

hi everyone sorry for not posting for a long time... being into professional life its difficult to find time for personal needs, anyways last week i got my amaze smt a custom fit fog lights .
the smt version doesnt have a fog lamp, honda was charging 13000 for fog lamps. But called my car jewels shop and he coated 3500 including fitting charges.
Went through ebay and found the kit to cost 3680. So asked the carshop person to get the kit.

the bumper was removed and back side of the bumper had crease lines for fog lamp(i felt relieved) so they cut the bumper along the lines and tried the kit it fit perfectly. Hope the picture speaks
Congratulations, That's really impressive fitment, can you please share some snap from inside ? how did they fit switch ? and what's overall cost for fitting ? 3680 + how much ? Can you please share link you bought from Ebay ?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
Congratulations, That's really impressive fitment, can you please share some snap from inside ? how did they fit switch ? and what's overall cost for fitting ? 3680 + how much ? Can you please share link you bought from Ebay ?

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Ballu i didnt order from ebay (i found it to be on the expensive side) so went to shop (he's my friend ) so got it done for 3500 including fitting and everything

inside switch pic as u asked

Attachments

Re: DIY Hood Damping

Soar Artificer, a Chinese brand Damp mat's Bought from eBay

View attachment 115618

Ready to be damped

View attachment 115619

View attachment 115620

Remove all the clips

View attachment 115621

View attachment 115622

Close view of the Clip

View attachment 115623

View attachment 115624

Another close up:tongue:

View attachment 115625

Detach the factory Damping material

View attachment 115628

Clean the area using cotton waste

View attachment 115629

View attachment 115630

Soar Artificer Damp Mats

View attachment 115631

Since it was a large sheet of damp mat, cut down according to your requirement

View attachment 115632

View attachment 115633

Cut out piece

View attachment 115634

View attachment 115635

Sticking on the hood

View attachment 115636

View attachment 115637

Custom Rollers to the rescue:biggrin:

View attachment 115638

View attachment 115639

Do like the same for every place to be damped

View attachment 115640

View attachment 115641

View attachment 115642

View attachment 115643

View attachment 115644

View attachment 115645

Finally a fully Damped Hood:cool:

View attachment 115646

View attachment 115647

View attachment 115648

Place Back the OEM Damping and put back the clips
View attachment 115649
has damping the hoods reduced the engine noise ? just curious

Thread Starter #1,297
Its been 21 Months since I have been driving the Amaze. Even I felt the need of more illumination, esp while driving on highways... Switching to a 100/90 set up or HID's was not on the cards as it voids the electrical warranty and is illegal.
Switched to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 2 days ago... and it surely made a difference.
Though I have never used HID or 100/90 so I cannot compare if the results are at par.. but if I compare it to the stock bulbs, it feels I have been driving in complete darkness all this while.
Lighting is better(.. and more), Ray formation is better(... and longer) and very less scattering. I am already in love with it..
I can definitely recommend it to someone looking for an upgrade to the stock bulbs..
Yes, definitely it will be better than the OE bulbs. I've always felt so. I really think why can't the OE bulb's be much more efficient.

Hey,The same problem is faced by my friends Honda Amaze.....The lights used to dim at some points.
I believe the parking light dims and yes I enquired about this with the Honda guys and they have clarified the same.
Please note that if a proper wiring kit has been installed their should not be any flickering of the headlights.
My friend made the mistake of getting the wiring kit installed by a local electrician and believe it or not the guy has cut the company wiring at 14 different points to accommodate the fuse,relay and the ceramic holders.His lights started to flicker as you have mentioned
Please try to get the latest philips wiring kit which is complete bolt on kit and requires no wires to be cut!
I too have installed the philips bilt on wiring kit and their is no flickering of lights at any engine speeds.
From where have you installed it ? and did you install with a relay and an extra fuse ? I'm planning on 100/90 bulbs. But after reading so many issue's that can cause after the install, I'm kind of confused.[confused]

Hey guys has anyone checked the engine oil grade used in the I dtec engines ?
The engine oil in my car was completely transparent when I took delivery of the car.
Today had been to honda service center for a routine checkup and saw a technician topping up another amaze diesel with a golden coloured engine oil ,when asked about the rating of the oil stood clueless with a grin on his face.
Has anybody come across this ? Because I am sure that honda prefilled engine oil was completely transparent and now these guys are filling the diesel engines with some golden oil saying it is a honda diesel synthetic oil.
Has anyone who has completed their warranty tried to change their engine oils with any other oils ??
I believe the engine oil used by honda is of too less viscosity for Indian driving conditions : stop go traffic and hot climate in the southern part of India.
I've always seen the engine oil to be golden colored one. Even from the first oil change I'm seeing the same color engine oil you mentioned here.

How did you checked the engine oil color ? If it's from the dip stick i believe it would be the same color and a single drop or two will appear to be transparent.

20w40 is the engine oil grade, I believe !!

HIDs are doing good with rainy condition, i'm using 4300K bulbs.

Low beam,
View attachment 183176

Here's High beam snap
View attachment 183177
That's having a pretty good throw. How much does the overall setup cost ?

That looks so good man. It looks OEM[;)]

Hi Ballu i didnt order from ebay (i found it to be on the expensive side) so went to shop (he's my friend ) so got it done for 3500 including fitting and everything

inside switch pic as u asked
Wow. It's factory finish man. Kudos to the work[clap]

has damping the hoods reduced the engine noise ? just curious
Damping the hood alone won't make a noticeable change. Hood and all four doors had taken down the NVH to a great extent.

Need a comparative suggestion on Falken Sincera tires over Michelin Energy XM2 P185/65 R14 86H.
Reason I looked at Falken is because of this deal https://paytm.com/shop/p/falken-sin...ess-set-of-4-AUTFALKEN-SINCELAMB4644688BFBA7B

And my terrain of usage is mostly tough black roads with generous number of holes and edges.
Sorry for the very late reply.

I would suggest you to go with Michelin. It is still far batter in terms of comfort and grip.

Brake Pad Change

Brake pads has done 34xxx km's . There was still like 1000 or 2000 km's or even more life on the brake pad, i don't know why they insisted me on changing it.

DSC07487.JPG

DSC07488.JPG

DSC07489.JPG

DSC07490.JPG

Hey vishnu

I installed the wiring kit myself.Its really very easy ,does not require any special knowledge as long as we know that the red teminal goes into positive terminal of the battery,black terminal goes into any grounding point in the engine bay and the three pin adapter is fit into one of the oem wiring harness. Thats it and we are done :)
You can fins the link below,its a bolt on kit.
Original Philips Headlight Bulbs Bulb Wiring KIT Harness H4 CAN FIX Upto 130W | eBay

Yes, definitely it will be better than the OE bulbs. I've always felt so. I really think why can't the OE bulb's be much more efficient.

The engine oil grade which Honda are using is 5w30 semi synthetic oil,which they have developed with Idemitsu,saw the barrel when changing the oil for my car.
My question is that whether we can use any other diesel engine oils like 5w40 by shell or mobil since Amaze diesel is not equipped with diesel particulate filter for indian models??
ACEA C2/C3 spec oils are for vehicles fitted with DPF.
My concern about the engine oil swap is that 5w30 is too thinner oil for hot climate in south india and oil consumption of about 200 to 300 ml does come into picture...(I have faced it personally)

From where have you installed it ? and did you install with a relay and an extra fuse ? I'm planning on 100/90 bulbs. But after reading so many issue's that can cause after the install, I'm kind of confused.[confused]

I've always seen the engine oil to be golden colored one. Even from the first oil change I'm seeing the same color engine oil you mentioned here.

How did you checked the engine oil color ? If it's from the dip stick i believe it would be the same color and a single drop or two will appear to be transparent.

20w40 is the engine oil grade, I believe !!

That looks so good man. It looks OEM[;)]

Wow. It's factory finish man. Kudos to the work[clap]

Damping the hood alone won't make a noticeable change. Hood and all four doors had taken down the NVH to a great extent.

Sorry for the very late reply.

I would suggest you to go with Michelin. It is still far batter in terms of comfort and grip.

Brake Pad Change

Brake pads has done 34xxx km's . There was still like 1000 or 2000 km's or even more life on the brake pad, i don't know why they insisted me on changing it.

View attachment 184525

View attachment 184526

View attachment 184527

View attachment 184528
The engine oil grade which Honda are using is 5w30 semi synthetic oil,which they have developed with Idemitsu,saw the barrel when changing the oil for my car.
My question is that whether we can use any other diesel engine oils like 5w40 by shell or mobil since Amaze diesel is not equipped with diesel particulate filter for indian models??
My concern about the engine oil swap is that 5w30 is too thinner oil for hot climate in south india and oil consumption of about 200 to 300 ml does come into picture...(I have faced it personally during the first 10000kms)

Hey Vichu, thanks for the reply.
earlier you mentioned that post upgrading to 205/50 your ride got bumpy. Is it because of the reduced sidewall? if that is the reason, then my decision to go with larger side wall using 185/65 R14 Michelin XM2 is exactly that. Not going to 195 or 205 is because I don't want to load my springs too much. I want my ride to be better and softer with reduced thud thud when compared to smaller 175/65 r14 wheels. Am I correct here?

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL VISHNU VICHU FOLLOWERS [;)]
@Vishnu, i spent approx 5200/- for entire setup. and till date no issue.
i'm planning to go with update with fog lamps after seeing jaghdeep's setup, nice upgrade buddy. something much needed for night drive.

Jaghandeep.. this looks awesome.. Something I have been looking for 2 years now.
I have a query.. The grill plates included in the kit.. are they body colored or black?

Attachments

Finally got the dream Michelin XM2 185/65 R14 fitted here in Mangalore.
4800/tire. Got 500 for 3K run stock goodyear tire(was a spare).
Balancing front wheels - 350.
fitment & alignment - Free.

First impression(20km) - Runs silent, BUT not a pothole eater as I heard a lot. Let me try more.

Mean while dealer was pushing me for Yokohama Earth 1 - quoted 4000/tire. Did I do good by still going with XM2?

Hi guys.. am in a similar dilemma. Want to upgrade the tyres from (crap!) Goodyear stock to either Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth 1. Planning to keep stock size or may be 185/65/R14.

My 2 questions:

1. Which one of the two would be better in terms of mileage. Am a sedate driver doing app 70 kms a day in Delhi.
2. Will upgrade to 185/65 cause a drop in FE?

Thread Starter #1,304
Hey vishnu

I installed the wiring kit myself.Its really very easy ,does not require any special knowledge as long as we know that the red teminal goes into positive terminal of the battery,black terminal goes into any grounding point in the engine bay and the three pin adapter is fit into one of the oem wiring harness. Thats it and we are done :)
You can fins the link below,its a bolt on kit.
Original Philips Headlight Bulbs Bulb Wiring KIT Harness H4 CAN FIX Upto 130W | eBay

My concern about the engine oil swap is that 5w30 is too thinner oil for hot climate in south india and oil consumption of about 200 to 300 ml does come into picture...(I have faced it personally during the first 10000kms)
Yes my bad. It's 5w30 itself.
I believe 5w40 will be an easy and worthy upgrade. But the svc guys is assuring me that no oil drop will be occured once i went there for a top up. They neglected and checked the dip stick and the level was correct.

Hey Vichu, thanks for the reply.
earlier you mentioned that post upgrading to 205/50 your ride got bumpy. Is it because of the reduced sidewall? if that is the reason, then my decision to go with larger side wall using 185/65 R14 Michelin XM2 is exactly that. Not going to 195 or 205 is because I don't want to load my springs too much. I want my ride to be better and softer with reduced thud thud when compared to smaller 175/65 r14 wheels. Am I correct here?
yes comparatively the side walls was much less than that of the OE tire size. Hence the sharpness and unevenness in ride.
185-60-14 would be a correct upsize :)

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL VISHNU VICHU FOLLOWERS
@Vishnu, i spent approx 5200/- for entire setup. and till date no issue.
i'm planning to go with update with fog lamps after seeing jaghdeep's setup, nice upgrade buddy. something much needed for night drive.

Thankyou mate. I know I'm late. Sorry about that[cry]

Finally got the dream Michelin XM2 185/65 R14 fitted here in Mangalore.
4800/tire. Got 500 for 3K run stock goodyear tire(was a spare).
Balancing front wheels - 350.
fitment & alignment - Free.

First impression(20km) - Runs silent, BUT not a pothole eater as I heard a lot. Let me try more.

Mean while dealer was pushing me for Yokohama Earth 1 - quoted 4000/tire. Did I do good by still going with XM2?
XM
is still better. Some of my cousin's have it. You'll understand the difference eventually [;)]

Hi guys.. am in a similar dilemma. Want to upgrade the tyres from (crap!) Goodyear stock to either Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth 1. Planning to keep stock size or may be 185/65/R14.

My 2 questions:

1. Which one of the two would be better in terms of mileage. Am a sedate driver doing app 70 kms a day in Delhi.
2. Will upgrade to 185/65 cause a drop in FE?
1. Definitely XM2. It has less rolling resistance.
2. 185*60*14 is the correct upsize. Not much of a difference.

Approx 2000 labour :confused: Do you know the breakup of that cost? Labour for replacement should not be that much. Did they bleed the lines and topped up the brake fluid as well?

Top Bottom