Honda Again (PreLOVED) - 2007 City ZX V-Tec - Sold now

Re: Honda Again (PreLOVED) - 2007 City ZX V-Tec

Honda City , nice car bro
congrats

V-Tec.. this V-tec is not that tradition Type R V-tec right.

anyways you thinking to mod the engine block ?

Thread Starter #33

Still old gun is running strong even after a decade!!!
I'm a big fan of OHC-Vtec. But finding a genuine specimen in used car market is mere impossible now. The one in market is either abused or quoted a rocket price. You are lucky dude, you own both OHC and ANHC and congrats on the FE.

Honda City , nice car bro
congrats

V-Tec.. this V-tec is not that tradition Type R V-tec right.

anyways you thinking to mod the engine block ?
Thanks dear.
Vtec is the common technology used in Type R and other engines too (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Engine block mod?[surprise] No such thoughts as of now (may be in future too) Stock engine drives like heaven and pulls like a beast, why to mod it?

Vtec is the common technology used in Type R and other engines too (please correct me if I'm wrong)
Your mistaken

The i-Vtec is not that tradtional Type R engine that comes in Civic Type R and integra type R

those are different engines. They can rev upto 8000 RPM with no problems at all in each gear.

My friend changed the block of his car with Type R (since in India changing the whole engine makes your car unregistered )

he used haltech ECU to power it. 1.5 lacs worth of money to be spent to make it hell of a ride

Thread Starter #35

Left the car for 45k service to Capital Honda (opp to airport)

Your mistaken

The i-Vtec is not that tradtional Type R engine that comes in Civic Type R and integra type R

those are different engines. They can rev upto 8000 RPM with no problems at all in each gear.
Dear, I'm speaking only about the v-tec technology and not comparing the engine as a whole for City & Type-R.

Thread Starter #36

Update!! Update!! Update!!

Vehicle crossed 50k km and wanted to replace / repair the parts which affects vehicle dynamics.

List of parts in consideration and observation:
1) Suspension dampers (Front struts and rear shock absorbers)
Both front and rear dampers are free from noise and did their job well. Found no damage / leakage / noise during operation. Compared the damping force roughly and found to be equal. So left them as it is.

2) Springs
Springs are in good condition without major difference in their free height (also w.r.t new springs) Heart said, 'go ahead with existing springs, that could last for another 30k km atleast'

3) Anti-roll bars
A/Roll bar and bushes seem to be in perfect condition

4) A/Roll bar connecting rods
Ball joint in LH connecting rod (or link rod) seem to have a little play than the RH one. Replacing any of the suspension component in pair is always recommended, changed both the link rods (forgot the brand, but for sure not from India)

5) Suspension mountings (Bushes)
Top mounts are in perfect condition, but the bottom LH arm had one of the bush in Weak condition (found rubber debonding in one side) This is one of the culprit that gave lot of noise when I run over bad roads / patches.

6) Lower arm
Though both the lower arms are in "OK" condition, something was itching my heart. checked again and again and found some rust in weld area in RM lower arm and LH found with a little bend. SE adviced on hammering the bent one and painting the rusted one. I don't want to take chance with alignment issues after hammering. Also since one of the bush is worn out, replaced both the lower arms with bushes and knuckle ball joint.

7) Steering Tie rods
Ball joints were little free than the new ones. So replaced the tie rods too.

8) Steering rack play
No abnormal play.

9) Bearings
Both the bearings are in good condition, no noise / play.

10) Brakes
Brake disc as well as the pads were in perfect condition. Cleaned them and fitted again

I knew the engine and drive train is in more than perfect condition. Reconfirmed the same with comments from the mechanic.

50k km service
Engine oil changed, brake & clutch fluids needed a little top up (read very little) to reach "max" level, battery charging done, coolant flushed and refilled. AC gasing not required as it cools the cabin the no matter of time.

Electricals:
- Front LH fog lamp bulb replaced
- 1 month old Roots windtone horn went kaput (that was working well when I gave for service, but during water wash I hope water entered inside)

LPG
Raising fuel price is leaving my pockets empty always. Added LPG kit (Italian make, forgot the name. Will share more details tomorrow)

Denting and painting
Car had few dents and scratches in the following ares
1) Noticeable dent in LH running board
2) Dent in Front LH door (near door handle)
3) Dent in LH ORVM
These 3 are "carry over" from previous owner
4) Small dent in Rear LH door just above the running board (thanks to Tambaram autowala)
5) Deep scratch in front RH door above the running board (vehicle was parked and a kid in cycle scraped her pedal over the door)
6) Few scratches in both the bumpers and LH fender (continuity from bumper)

It is painful to see our beloved vehicle with scratches. So asked to remove all dents and even the minor scratches. Few scratches in bonnet was covered with rubbing and others required denting and painting.

Areas painted:
- Front bumper
- Front LH fender
- Front LH door
- LH ORVM
- Rear LH door
- LH running board
- Front RH door
- Rear bumper (+parking sensors)

The areas left out were the roof, rear panel above the wheel arch, bonnet and the boot.

Complete rubbing and 3M coating done. I was fearing about the shade, but it is obsolutely matched with the original colour, vehicle looks brand new now.

Will share detailed snaps and cost details by end of the day. Some teaser snaps here

Cheers

PS: Mods, please rename the thread title for 50k km update

Attachments

Re: Honda Again (PreLOVED) - 2007 City ZX V-Tec - 50K Kms Update

Hey Mr. Boss, Good to see that your car is in excellent condition..(Touchwood)

Just want to ask you one thing, that as you have mentioned that you had installed LPG Kit in the Car.. Just want to ask you is it LPG or CNG?? As i am also having 2006 model City ZX GXi, and i am also thinking to install the CNG kit, but when i asked my Honda Service Advisor, he said that do not install the kit as its not successful in Honda.

Please tell, whether your car is LPG driven or CNG driven? And how is it responding to the kit??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #38

^^^
Its LPG. (CNG is not available in TN)
I have tuned the LPG kit for maximum performance. I could hardly find the performance drop w.r.t petrol.

I never mind what my S.A say about after market accessories. Since my car is out of warranty, I don't mind adding LPG kit.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #40

ilango[speed thirst];149503 said:
oh lpg kit [frustration]..
[frustration]

Fine if it serves you the purpose.
- Will be light in pocket (compared to petrol)
- Ready to compromise boot space (I hardly use the boot)
- Tuned for best performance (bit sluggish only when 5 onboard. for solo driving performance drop is negligible)
- Break even point to recover this investment is 10k km (will be covered within 6 months)
Good pics esp the first
Thanks dude

Thread Starter #41

LPG Update:
Getting a mileage of 12~13 kmpl with LPG in city with 100% AC. Yet to check the highway figures.

With added weight of around 100kg at the rear + 4 on board I'm struggling to face the humps without belly scratching [frustration]

Thread Starter #42

LPG Update:
Getting a mileage of 12~13 kmpl with LPG in city with 100% AC. Yet to check the highway figures.
Latest FE figures:

2 weeks back went to my howntown and Ooty, got chance to check the FE figures in almost all driving & road conditions

Petrol
10% City + 70% Hill driving + 20% Highway: 14.7 kmpl (40km + 300km + 80km = 420km and consumed 28.6L)

LPG (before vaporiser cleaning & tuning)
City: 11.5 kmpl
Highway: 12.6 kmpl

LPG (After vaporiser cleaning & tuning)
City: 13.6 kmpl
Highway: 14.7 kmpl [clap]

After my last LPG tank fill, vehicle covered 540km in highway and yesterday I filled 36.7L and surprised on the FE figures. I couldn't believe my eyes and rechecked again and again.

Good FE.. I guess you would have not crossed 80 mark ?

Also please post a pic of the boot where the LPG kit is installed..
Is there sufficient space left out for the spare tire ?

Thread Starter #44

Good FE.. I guess you would have not crossed 80 mark ?

Also please post a pic of the boot where the LPG kit is installed..
Is there sufficient space left out for the spare tire ?
Odo reads 51.5k
There is plenty of space left out after LPG tank installation. During my last trip I carried 1 mixer grinder + 1 table top wet grinder (both with boxes) + 1 medium size trolley bag + Car cover in the boot (some space left out still)

Regarding spare tyre, no disturbance for taking out / accessing.
Will post the snap tonight or possibly tomorrow.

Sorry, I was mentioning about the speed , 80 kmph...

So extra passengers can be put in boot if no space in car, just kidding !!

Top Bottom