Honda Activa Ownership and Modifications

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hi,
I purchased these fog lights on eBay 2 years back.
Regarding installation, I did it on my own.
Details of whole setup:-
1) Projector LED Headlight with angel eye 1800 Rs.
2) DRLS cost me 300 Rs. for pair
3) Fog Lights - 2000 Rs. for pair
4) BOSCH Relay approx. 200 Rs.
5) Mini Toggle switch 20 Rs.
6) Fuse Box approx. 25 Rs.
7) DRL Strip - Red color for Number plate - 200 Rs.
8) Automobile wires. approx. 200 Rs.

Electrical Connections:-
Circuit 1 :-
Projector light connected to factory headlight switch with upper/dipper.

Circuit 2 :-
Mini Toggle switch installed between Brake & handle (Left side), this is connected to starter switch.
Toggle switch Power is supplied to BOSCH Relay to make it On/Off.
Relay Load is directly connected with Battery having fuse box in between for short circuit protection.
Connected Load:-
1) Angel Eye
2) Front DRLs (Left /Right)
3) Fog Lights - 2 Nos.
4) Rear RED DRL (Number Plate)

Sachin,
Awesome Job over there. I guess your is the Most En-Lightened Activa in India!

1) Did you connect the LED projector directly to factory Wiring? because Activa uses AC output for Headlight and LEDs do have trouble with it. I just upgraded to LED headlight Bulb, and I needed 2-sets of Full wave brige for it it work.

2) Do the LED projector work just like HID projector? I mean Using a shield for High and low beam? Is beam pattern Perfect?

3) Were you able to locate an "Always ON" wire for using DRLs? Because using them on a switch is quite cumbersome.

4) The cost for LED projector is almost inline with an HID Kit! Very good pricing.

@bhvm
Thanks for your appreciation.
Point 1: Don't try connecting Diodes Bridge, I've already tried this experiment, LED headlight flickers because of variable RPM of engine. Even capacitor don't do the job. Try to search internet if you find some good circuit diagram, otherwise drop this idea.
Alternative is, disconnect the source of headlight switch (From alternator Yellow wire) and connect directly to Ignition switch.
Point 2 : With LED projectors, you won't get Upper/dipper beam pattern.
Point 3: Please see attached image

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello again

1) I tried to locate the wires you said. but it's complicated and scooters don't have proper fuse box like cars to trace connections with meter. so rather than messing Arpit, I am using 2 diode bridges (8 diode) and 2 capacitors (1 high, 1 low beam ). performance is good even at slow speeds. there's very slight Flickr at idle but nothing as such on the roads.

2) not having a proper beam pattern will blind people and put you and others at risk.

@bhvm
It's good news that it is working with bridge rectifiers.

Projectors does not disperse the light like standard H4 LED Bulbs, I believe it is safe to opposite traffic. Alignment of Headlight assembly is important.

sir , how about swapping stock exaust to free flow exaust in activa[glasses]
For getting a good roar and the engine to revv up quickly, a free flow exhaust will help for sure. This should be accompanied by proper rejetting the carburettor also. Now that the engine develops more power than before, the stock roller clutch is going to slip more (and eventually wear out sooner than stock setup) to catch up with the speed difference. Hence you will have to go for a different set of rollers that are of lesser weight to minimize slip. We don't get such rollers of all variations in India. You will have to try some online sources for Honda scooter parts, for sure you will get.

Recently I have purchased Activa KMS 2200, stability of the activa is not good compare to others like Rodo , Mestro , Acess, Gusto. Planning to sell and buy other brand.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I haven't faced such issue. check the the alignment, shockups, bearings are they good?. I think it's the alignment itself that's causing poor balance.

Top Bottom