Honda Activa Ownership and Modifications

bhvm

Honoured Member
Sir can we bleach the orange indicator lens to clear lens ?
No Sir,
Bleaching will not remove the color as it's not a "Paint" of some sort. The Lens compound itself is made orange.
BTW, why are you so hell bent on Clear indicators? I think Orange indicators also look cool. Just upgrade them to LEDs.

Also, I orderd h4 LED headlight Bulb for Activa. Will let you know How it goes!

Sir because I wanted to add led strip inside the indicator lens and use it as drls , as the indicator lense are in orange colour It will thow orange light so that's why I want a pair a front clear lense indicator[:D] , BTW sir can we add small fog lamp in Activa ? Sir the black color small fog lamps [confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Sir because I wanted to add led strip inside the indicator lens and use it as drls , as the indicator lense are in orange colour It will thow orange light so that's why I want a pair a front clear lense indicator[:D] , BTW sir can we add small fog lamp in Activa ? Sir the black color small fog lamps [confused]
Thats a great idea!

Go through these links here-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giuSU02yhsw

DIY - Daytime running lights for Activa

And yes! I am also thinking to add a small fog lamp for night riding. Let me try the new LED headlight, if still not as bright, I will install 1 or 2 Small LED fogs at the front.

bhvm

Honoured Member
mate I don't have knowledge about new vs old lenses. I guess visit a spares shop and ask them

and no, no projectors for me. just brought led headlight bulb to stuff into regular headlamps. if the beam pattern is decent, I will keep them. I'm also looking to modify them.

bhvm

Honoured Member
thats great sir ! , sir can i add the led strip just below the indicator to look ike drls [:)]
Yes Most certainly.
I'd suggest you use the waterproof variety of 5050 LED Strip. They are cuttable every 3 LEDs. Use some better tape/ Glue as the supplied adhesive is not good enough.

bhvm

Honoured Member
this is lovely!!
can I have a pic of mounting mechanism? I have the very same steel guard.
also, what lamps are those? please send a link if possible.

I just received a very advanced cree XML2 led headlight bulb (market is flooded with Chinese fakes or at most a gen 1 cree XML. ). will toy with it this Sunday.

Hi,
I purchased these fog lights on eBay 2 years back.
Regarding installation, I did it on my own.
Details of whole setup:-
1) Projector LED Headlight with angel eye 1800 Rs.
2) DRLS cost me 300 Rs. for pair
3) Fog Lights - 2000 Rs. for pair
4) BOSCH Relay approx. 200 Rs.
5) Mini Toggle switch 20 Rs.
6) Fuse Box approx. 25 Rs.
7) DRL Strip - Red color for Number plate - 200 Rs.
8) Automobile wires. approx. 200 Rs.

Electrical Connections:-
Circuit 1 :-
Projector light connected to factory headlight switch with upper/dipper.

Circuit 2 :-
Mini Toggle switch installed between Brake & handle (Left side), this is connected to starter switch.
Toggle switch Power is supplied to BOSCH Relay to make it On/Off.
Relay Load is directly connected with Battery having fuse box in between for short circuit protection.
Connected Load:-
1) Angel Eye
2) Front DRLs (Left /Right)
3) Fog Lights - 2 Nos.
4) Rear RED DRL (Number Plate)

^^ Can you please post a closer pic of the mini toggle switch and its wiring?. These wirings and relay are all concealed?.

PS: I do not own an Activa, I am just curious to know more about your wonderful DIY [:)].

Top Bottom