HM Ambassador Sub-4 Metre CS Version

Re: HM Ambassador Sub-4metre CS version

I think Parliament should step in and enact a law banning HM from the passenger car market. Till then, HM will continue inflicting this national shame upon us.

well whatever we think its still the best in class for comfort and rear seat comfort which no other cars have been able to provide.Solid built to last long, but then newer technology with better engines, refinment, looks and other parameters came along and HM thought they would outclass them, which didnt happen.It still sells but mostly in eastern region and mostly as taxi's only.

what is the problem of HM
if they dont have technology then they can borrow engines like Maruti has done
Much better is expected than this from an old company like HM[cry]

This will surely result as a bad move for HM. Nowadays even taxi's wont prefer an Amby such is the advancement in technology!

This is so damn ugly [frustration]. Has HM completely lost it?

As we all know, the Ambassador is essentially the same 1940's design, and the technology is in plain words OUTDATED, the car really deserves to be given the much needed upgrade. Revival and Technical upgradation of cars like the MINI, FIAT 500 & VW Beetle, are often talked about, but doesn't HM ever get the inspiration from the success stories of these cars? It should not been forgotten that like the cars mentioned earlier HM Ambassador too is an integral part of our country and its history for a long time. Admit it or not, we do have an emotional attachment with this car, and its almost time before it becomes history, until it is given what it deserves.

There is in fact no way to revive the Ambassador until, there is serious work done on the technology and fit and finish department, they have to get rid of the engines currently being used to propel the Ambassador, the suspension needs major design changes (those leaf springs are no more used on cars, someone please inform HM), fit and finish along with the equipment levels need to go up and not to forget the quality will play a major role too.

As far as I think, the shape of the Ambassador can still hold on for some time, with the above mentioned changes of course, better still, try taking on little steps at improving the products rather than take such drastic steps out of nowhere, and murder the integrity of the brand completely. Hope the Ambassador get back to the former glory, and HM gets some brains and never launch this hideous looking car ever.

Cheers!!!

oh my god..i will faint down. HM is playing with ambys fate. someone please do against those people who are try to make fun of themselves or atleast tell us clearly about your plans! pic source - autocarindia.com

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
As far as I think, the shape of the Ambassador can still hold on for some time, with the above mentioned changes of course, better still, try taking on little steps at improving the products rather than take such drastic steps out of nowhere, and murder the integrity of the brand completely. Hope the Ambassador get back to the former glory, and HM gets some brains and never launch this hideous looking car ever.
Sure. The existing Ambassador’s shape can work well for a much longer time. An apt example is the DC’s Amberoid. However, the critical problem here is that they are trying to retain exactly same design which is many decades old now and probably doesn’t meets the latest safety standards either. We cannot say exactly what is cooking in the Hindustan Motor’s house, because on one hand they talk about launching an entirely revamped version next year but on the other – alas, they’re trying out different gimmicks to sell this car. Such as the pick-up version and now this so called chopped off Amby.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Just an update, Hindustan Ambassador CS is expected to debut at upcoming Auto Expo. This is what Auto Expo’s official facebook page posted sometime back.

Drive safe,
350Z

this is the worst thing ever happen HM is becoming worst campany HM really want save life of ambassador means stop doing worst things and try update latest technology of mechnical parts of Ambassador source good engines from outersides

[frustration]OMG! What the heck?
To add the chopping ceremony, they will continue same engine, which is gives a feel as if handbrake is applied forever by default.

deville_56

Honoured Member
this is the worst thing ever happen HM is becoming worst campany HM really want save life of ambassador means stop doing worst things and try update latest technology of mechnical parts of Ambassador source good engines from outersides
[frustration]OMG! What the heck?
To add the chopping ceremony, they will continue same engine, which is gives a feel as if handbrake is applied forever by default.
They are in talk with FIAT for the MultiJet.

HM Amby CS Diesel should be Good.
I saw somewhere that they are looking for FIAT 1.3 MJD
engine!!? for amby?
AMBY needs a very good Diesel engine. I think 1.3 MJD is underpowered. AMBY needs any engine > 1.5 L. atleast a 1.6 MJD should be ok .

HM should have installed a CRDI ISUZU ENGINE.
I heared that 2.0L ISUZU was giving 19 km/L on Highway (which is not a CRDI).
So they should have gone for a CRDI 2.0L Engine.

I don't know what they are going to do for PETROL version (ISUZU 1.8L) which gives only 8 KM/L (city) and 12KM/L ( Highway) ??

KKKK

An ugly looking Sedan is becoming uglier! HM is a history by now, and I don't know why they are not seriously coming up with good cars with the durability and dependability of Ambassador. [frustration]

Top Bottom