HM Ambassador Over Heating Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,
This is my first post and i want to give a very short introduction of myself before that. I am Dipanjan from Kolkata and i own a 2006 HM Ambassador 2000cc turbo diesel. I bought the car 5 months ago and in these months i have noticed the temperature reaching the red mark every time the ac is switched on even for a 4-5 km drive. Also the acceleration used to take a beating with the ac on and yesterday only i changed the clutch and pressure plates which seemed to have helped the acceleration a bit but not enough. What should i do guys ? please help..

Thread Starter #3
check radiator & radiator fan & then post complete details as what you have checked for overheating
Thanks Nanhi99..but i have already serviced the radiator 3 days back and the fan also seems to be working fine. Some guys told me to check the head gasket and the pump for problem. But the engine has run only 39K Kms and can these problems crop up so early ?

Yes it can be
clogged water cooling pipes can put an extra load on the water pump which will refrain it from working on its full potential results in overheating of the engine.

Many things can happen
-Water Pump
-Thermostat (unable to turn the fan on)
-Radiator leak

Try giving these things a go and see what happens

In the mean while check if your overheating has burnt the head gaskets/cracks on block

change the radiator cap to which one ? can u be more specific sir..
with original new cap over a period of time rubber seal of radiatr cap corrodes allowing heated /pressured coolant to escape slowly resulting in fluid loss slowly through coolant bottle this is not necessary in every case but these small things are often forgotten while looking for heating problems.

Thread Starter #9
well i got the cooling system checked and it seems to be working fine..the guy at the workshop asked me to go for a bigger radiator and that this overheating issue is a common thing in ambys. He also added that the amby doesnt have a thermostat valve and the fan is also working fine.

Whereas the engine mechanic at a different workshop is asking me to have the engine re-built and that he estimated a cost of 30,000 bucks. I really doubt it as the engine has run for only 38K kms and its not possible to spend Rs. 30K right now. [frustration]

Please help gurus ...[cry]

Get a bigger radiator then
Wow man your engine re-built is so cheap
because I don't want my engine to be rebuild am getting a Japanese import engine. and guess how much it is. over 1.5 lac rupees ( 3000 dollars)

for you: ask why rebuilt?
does you car have an ECU ? ( if petrol)
thermostat is the reason why you ghave 2 fans on radiator.. and yes am not talking about clutch fan.

how much is the new radiator. and I would encourage you to get a thermostat installed that can give signal to your fans on radiator. how does that sound?

Thread Starter #14
you can also get your fan working directly (without thermostat) to check heating
the car is running without thermostat from the beginning. the fan works as soon as the ac is switched on.

meanwhile had the fuel pump serviced and the head gasket is also fine as the mechanic said. but the car's still overheating.[frustration] what to do guys ?

the radiator cap is fine too and there is no coolant leak whatsoever.
should i opt for a bigger radiator or should i fit the ac condenser under the body below the driver side . i heard someone doing that which helped the car operating in a cooler temp.

can the ignition coil be faulty which could lead to this overheating ?

the car is running without thermostat from the beginning. the fan works as soon as the ac is switched on.

meanwhile had the fuel pump serviced and the head gasket is also fine as the mechanic said. but the car's still overheating.[frustration] what to do guys ?

the radiator cap is fine too and there is no coolant leak whatsoever.
should i opt for a bigger radiator or should i fit the ac condenser under the body below the driver side . i heard someone doing that which helped the car operating in a cooler temp.

can the ignition coil be faulty which could lead to this overheating ?
Ignition coil has nothing to do with the overheating.

do you have a clutch fan on the engine ? does that work or its just running free.

you can change the position of the Aircon condensor but whats the point.

How about putting a bigger fan on the front or may be 2 high speed ones and then see.

change your temp gauge as well ( the one that tells you car is being over heated )

if that doesn't help
get a bigger radiator no probs at all

My car has in the front
- FRONT mount intercooler (for turbo)
- Aircon condensor
- Radiator

I got only one fan on it and it doesn;t heat over half no matter how long you drive for.

Car came from sydney to melbourne 800 kms .. no overheating

these are the pics of Stock and Aftermarket Greddy radiator(on my car I have Nismo)

Attachments

Top Bottom