HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

Thread Starter #182
thanks ambylover ,
went to rto ,they said it is with the agent. got the card. the card quality is very thin.our debit cards are much stronger compared to this. must be very careful with this .

Awesome job brother ! hats off to your patience !
But why no chrome wipers ? please find them and install them on car it will match better than black one's [:)]
I bought them for 360rs Pair [ arms + blades ] for our Bedford truck which is having exact same wiper system as your car !
Post some new pics once you install chrome wipers ! :D
Regards : Abhishek

Thread Starter #184
Awesome job brother ! hats off to your patience !
But why no chrome wipers ? please find them and install them on car it will match better than black one's [:)]
I bought them for 360rs Pair [ arms + blades ] for our Bedford truck which is having exact same wiper system as your car !
Post some new pics once you install chrome wipers ! :D
Regards : Abhishek
thanks you liked it[clap] .during the restoring process searched for this kind of wiper couldn't get it ,so i went in for new amby wipers including the motor .bit of arm alteration and got it fitted. once i get it will fit in asap.

Thread Starter #185
heavy rains in our place no matter how well we clean our car rust accumulates very soon , so left it as it is till summer comes must go for re plating of chrome .but once we re plate it looses its original finish and durability. there some bubbles on the body ,some places paint cracks and in dicky side too the putty is peeling off.
any one can you advice me how to remove the rust ,which product is best and how to use it . for fc had tried with coke cola but its for short time effect.
water accumulates inside dicky must be some gap but the beading is new , have removed all the floor mats till the monsoons are over. here are some photos hope it is visible to you all.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi,
Erode is the best place for chrome plating. It will last more than what you get it from local ones. Since your climate conditions are different, you need to clean the water in the Chrome parts daily.
Because the rust in your car bumper is more and i don't think its an easy task to remove But you can try with Kerosin and Coconut oil. Mix both and apply to the rust parts. After 25 minutes, wipe it out. Check this idea and revert back.
But Surely it will be a very very tough task to maintain an Amby in Mangalore, that too in open parking.

A idea would be after the crome coating is done apply 2-3 layers of clear coat paint. That will surely protect it from rust in mangalore weather. Make sure clear coat is applied on dry sunny day

the original steering and the center horn ring ,and the gear lever are the plus of this car .

now there are two versions in our garage one is modern technology diesel i,e our manza aqua .

other is our old but majestic personality with charming looks head turner .

i definitelywant to share this one no matter what expensive vehicle you go you are not recognized .but in our amby people say oh this car was here a week back ,or yesterday it gets noticed .so moral of the story those who are secretly dating avoid this type of vehicles .[;)]

View attachment 86162

View attachment 86163

View attachment 86164

View attachment 86165
hi friend your work is really impressive. i would like to know some details.

1)from where you've done this upholstery works?

2)is it easy for you to get spare parts for your matador f305 engines?

3)if yes from where you used to source the same

4)did you fix any booster for your break? did you change your drum to disc? if so pls comment about the breaking improvement

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to make some real changes to the Ambassador body. Apart from the pictures which I found online, I also intend to make it into a traveller of sorts, have 2 folding beds, extend the rear of the car so I could carry things like a potable genny, a small air cooler. I want to drop a tata 2.2 dicor into it so it has adequate power. Any suggestions and ideas ??
All the best for your project.

I have a basic question.

Is it legal to change the engine in a car and install engine of different car. for ex, as u you said dicor 2.2 into amby. If so, how about legal documentation. Also, same for the Paint of the car. If we change the paint, can we update the same in RC?

Thanks
Vijay Bhargav

Thread Starter #190
hi shd3k33, i am glad that you like the car. yes it was very difficult getting it done , continuous travel and pleadings, beggings, with the garage people to finish the work.
the upholstery work was done in pollachi a local guy but luking at his work decided to do it there.
2. the parts you will get it in coimbatore dhanam motors formerly called as alagendra motors.
coimbatore is hub of all . motor sport crazy people . can get it sourced there .
4. my car is old type drum brakes .want to fit a booster soon . ..
even this drum brakes are not that bad well maintained. but brake boosters are the best for quick brakings .

ambassador mark 2

recently i purchased a 1962 mark 2 ambassador with maximum originality ,including the keys made in england. im currently in a hunt for some parts like
1 .original head light rim and rear two piece tail lamp.
2 .rear wind shield steel beading.
3 . original steering in new condition.
can someone help me to find these items..[:D]

Hello Ambylovers , Do you know any place in coimbatore were one can get get white wall tyres. I saw a few online stuff mostly on ebay which had white wall tire insert costing anywhere between $60-$70 . One of my family member has a fiat 1100 and a amby land master, desperately looking for these tire inserts. Is "DARYL" still selling these?

the car looks great and original in shape i love to see again and again i had special love and effection attachment with Ambassador in my childhood my dad owned three ambassadors mark2,mark3 and mark4 iam proud to be amby owned but sadly we lost those cars 7years back. i hope that near future i will buy good shaped amby

and i had a dream what i want modify ambassador by swapping bigger diesel engines like 2.5L D4D TOYOTA engine or TATA 483DI TCIC or 2.2L Dicor engine from TATA

Top Bottom