HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

Thread Starter #167
@matador thank you very much you liked the colour.

@ambylover , recently went for a drive as you have mentioned about the oil meter it was showing as mentioned before but once the car slows down it comes to red or 1 . And when running it shows 2 0r r keeps fluctuating.
when travelling 2 bikers informed me that cars left wheel is wobbling , went to check with the mechanic about the oil meter reading he told me the meter is heavy duty ones it will show like that.
if you want will change the oil bearings and see .i told now dont want to repair the car.thought will ask your opinion.
back left wheel is wobbling he told the disk is bent then we changed to stepheny tyre that disk is bent too. have enquired here about old discs but all are not available.and i dont know to check how to find a bendless disk.
asked him about the oil pump he told it is in the engine .so the mechanic says i have to listen.due to wobbling will be risky to bring to coimbatore a long drive not advisible no.

Hi,
Normally Ambassador Tyre Disk will be bit harder and tougher. Even that has taken a heavy impact somewhere i believe. As i told earlier, Oil Pump Gauge will come down if the engine is in Idle, but if you see at the meter while driving in an Average speed, it should work normal above 3.
Since you were saying its 2 and below that, Surely Oil Pump need to be checked. But give it to a mechanic who know about that. If Pump is not working upto the mark, pickup of the car will not been up to the mark. It may be very slow to pick up the Speed.
Before giving it to work ask him about the Charges (Money).

Hi ambylovers, by the way where is this oil pump located in the engine? In my vehicle i did not install an oil pressure gauge. As it needs a pressure tube which directly connects to the gauge for indicating the pressure and in case of any damage to the tube will cause a loss of engine oil and damage the engine.

Ambyson,
Your Engine is Isuzu Model. Normally Isuzu Engines Amabssador will not fit the oil pressure Gauge in the dash. Since these engines are having more power than Matador, the tube from Oil pump to Meter Gauge will have more probability to get damage. So only Isuzu engine fitted cars will be equipped with Warning Light in the Dash if the Oil pressure have some issues.
It happened in my Matador engine too earlier. But that time the tube was very weak.

Thread Starter #171
due for fc now so on the process. already a month delay , thought of doing it myself went to rto to get information no one was friendly enough came to know its the brokers who run the processes, no other way but to get the help a driving school person,met him so tomorrow is the day . had to take the pencil sketch of the chasis no but it is not clear any how taken it of our 41 year old car .
the driving school guy told its 1700 commission ok agreed tomorrow must see how he might change.
fc and change of address had to be done .
previous fc was done by our staff now he is no more so had to do it ourself.
one question to all who have old cars how you all do the process and take the pencil trace of your chasiss is it clear enough

Thread Starter #172
today done the fitness certificate of our car no issues went on smooth,
had to do fc aswell as change of address for that the broker charged 2400.
and the receipt of all the fees and due including the smart card was totaled to 907.
did not want to argue with him as its their kingdom. the old type rc book will replace with a rc smart card as i have to change the address.if only fc was done would have the rc book which would have been good for an old car .

Hi,
In almost 90% of the RTO office, brokers are the main pillars. But the process is easy, if we do it directly. Only the time factor is important.

Thread Starter #174
yes you are right ambylover only thing we have to face is the break inspector he asks for chasis no to cross check ,and asks for engine no in this case my engine is different but same matador .in case of broker he dosent check the engine only sees the car and chasis no, thats it . funny i remembered indian movie ,where goundamani says saringa officer [:D][;)][:)]
i had to renew car insurance policy there the officer was curiously asking its 40 years old vehicle is it fit on road he wanted to see the car looking at it he was surprised as there are very less old cars in our place , during fc too there were some to round the car curious to see the hand gear ,horn ring and the mark 2 style grill.
when so much interest is in people about old cars we too feel bit happy inside when so much pain we have under gone to restoring process.

Last edited:
True true, speedodude, when people still turn their head and look up our car only we feel the pride of maintaining this beauty. Wherever my car goes people even peep their head out and try to see my car gives me some kind of happiness and that makes me to feel it was worth spending so much of money on it.

Thread Starter #177
heavy rains in our place so its bit difficult to maintain our ride due to lack of closed garage. most of the chrome has gone rusted no matter how many times i clean but the next rain brings back the rust ,funny part is just happen to see a video where a person cleans rust using coco cola and aluminum foil paper tried that day before fc was really surprised by the result the rust got loose and cleared with some rubbing[;)] .

heavy rains in our place so its bit difficult to maintain our ride due to lack of closed garage. most of the chrome has gone rusted no matter how many times i clean but the next rain brings back the rust ,funny part is just happen to see a video where a person cleans rust using coco cola and aluminum foil paper tried that day before fc was really surprised by the result the rust got loose and cleared with some rubbing[;)] .
That's really great! Nice DIY buddy. So, Coco-Cola contains carbon-di-oxide and rust is Iron Oxide. These two oxides balance and carbon-di-oxide mixes with Iron and the rust is gone!
P.S. Won't it damage the bodywork since it is also made up of metal?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #179
That's really great! Nice DIY buddy. So, Coco-Cola contains carbon-di-oxide and rust is Iron Oxide. These two oxides balance and carbon-di-oxide mixes with Iron and the rust is gone!
P.S. Won't it damage the bodywork since it is also made up of metal?
thanks for the info dude,[clap]
i have used it on bumpers and on some chrome parts , its just a try and it worked ,
chrome will last only if its not replated .well in my case some of the parts are replated so cannot expect to last long , during summer need to replate chrome to get its glory back . tried to find good parts but not succesful

Thread Starter #180
can anyone information regarding about smart card rc,
- for every re registration do we have to apply for a new smart card rc.
- how long will it take to be issued to the beneficiary
have done my Amby fc on 4th of July still i have not received it done through an agent, when enquired with the agent there is no response from him .

Top Bottom