HM Ambassador MK-II: Restoring To Original Shape

Hi RPM,
Whether there is any wooden paintngs option is there or this a sticker kind of thing.
Its just paint and and the creativity of the painter [:)]; Ive fitted the panel, should post photos in a day or two

Last edited:
Thread Starter #141
hi alll after all these days of good driving from this car the problem of pick up is still there,on level roads its good but in steep hill it struggles and some time stops . though matador engines are good some people see and give a expression saying matador and dosent pull .its funny.what should i do.

amby lover as you are from coimbatore can you tell me are good isuzu diesel engine and gear box available there , if we ask in aditya motors can they source us . can you suggest me good mechanic in coimbatore who can do good work of these car engines and gear boxws

Last edited by a moderator:
HI,
Aditya and Dhanam will source the Isuzu Engines.Even Stanes Motors (HM Dealer) will do that. But that will be only HM ISUZU Engine and Transmission.
If you go for a New engine, we can also do the Endorsement also. But for old Isuzu engines, you cant do the Endorsement.

Regarding Mechanics, there were some Mechanics i know. Also South India Motors is there. If you go for the Company like South India, your Car will be delivered at the right time.

Personal Opinion :
1.Used HM Isuzu engines you can get for Rs.15000 to 25000 INR. New one will cost you more than a Lakh .
2. Kindly dont under estimate the power of Matador Engines. They are also very good engines. But it will be not compete with the Isuzu engines.You can also Rework the engine.
Old Engines will have Overheating Issues, Compression Issues. But if you rework, it may be different. If you come to Coimbatore, i may give you some reference of Matador engine cars which will prove you that they too have some power.[:)]

3. Used Engines Price : (Average Condition to 70% condition )
Matador - 4,000 to 8,000 INR
Trucker - 4,000 to 7,000 INR
HM Isuzu - 15,000 to 25000 INR
Imported Isuzu (B1,C1,D1,G1).
Ranges from 20,000 to 60,000 INR)

Any Help, kindly reply.

Thread Starter #143
thanks budy for your reply as i have read your post regarding g1 engine.. are the spares available , if i plan for g1 can you help me with getting the engine ,ofcourse i will have to ask my dad for permission . but as you have said power of matador yes i have driven our previous engine which is a matador 305 the pick up was good ,later swaped due to some problem ,to matador 301 the older version as my dads friend suggested it but i was against it ,am fully not happy with the pick up ,after the fuel pump was servised the car was running good on highways but it showed its problem in hill climbing.
as our car is endorsed to diesel from rto will changing to other diesel engine create problem during re regestration process which we do once in 5 yrs.

our car though reworked in pollachi after lots of trouble gone through and hole in the pocket the car is not done well just cosmetic ,not satisfied at all ,felt bad as i was taken for a ride .with those guys .had trusted them and assigned my car work to them went waste.though me being in mangalore drove 430kms there just for the work with a hope that they will do good work than our home town guys. can see slight paint cracks appearing in few places , in just 4 months of work

as you have mentioned south india motors where in coimbatore is it .

Hi Speedodude,
Frankly speaking, we cant get 100% as what we thinking personally in our mind about the rework. We cant get people who really love to work in Ambassador/padmini/Contessa. They got new taste in latest model cars.
Luckily i have some good guys around. My process was still going on (Almost 19 months). Painter and Tinker already replied that this was their last Ambassador (Full Tinkering/Painting) they work on.

South India Motors, is located in Chinniyampalayam (around 10 kms before Gandhipuram). They do a good job. But it differs from Cars.

For G1 engines, before 3 or 4 months my brother needed an Engine and we started searching in Coimbatore/Pollachi/Mettupalayam. We could not able to get it very easily like before. Then we went chennai and got to know its very costly now a days. They priced it 65000 INR.
Since you are having matador engine, if you want to plant Isuzu means, there were some additional alterations need to be done.

Also Diesel Endorsement is not sufficient for Isuzu Plantation. Check your book, they might written Matador 1797 cc Engine. But dont worry about that.

I am not sure what is your plan. Kindly send your phone number in the message.Surely i will help as much as i can.

Thread Starter #145
thanks for the info ,today had a discussion with my dad about engine change he blasted me ,still not yet recovered from dat ,he says already spent a lot of vitamin m ,anymore no plans for the car let it be like that henceforth no more work to be done on it , as i am not independent earning member so cant take any more decisions. my no i will send you through pm .

It happens.. Whatever your Dad says must be right..Since already you have spent money a lot.

Dont worry, When you and your Dad plan for any upgrade kind of work next time, surely will help you.

Will call you.

Thread Starter #148
snaps of before restoration and after restoration [clap]

monogram.jpg

thought of uploading before and after pic. but before snap though exist could not upload again.

the dash board frame got from scrap yard .but converted to brand new.

my nephew enjoying the new looks.

nephew enjoying the new looks.jpg

Photo1128.jpg

Photo1130.jpg

Photo1134.jpg

Photo1136.jpg

Photo1138.jpg

Thread Starter #149
the front seat frame is re conditioned and fixed.earlier it was a sofa kind i,e long frame now it is a semi bucket ,after a long drive i felt the earlier velvet cushion was much more comfortable then the current rexine type ,though in looks the rexine has a grander look.

Photo1141.jpg

Photo1143.jpg

Photo1144.jpg

Photo1146.jpg

Thread Starter #150
the original steering and the center horn ring ,and the gear lever are the plus of this car .

now there are two versions in our garage one is modern technology diesel i,e our manza aqua .

other is our old but majestic personality with charming looks head turner .

i definitelywant to share this one no matter what expensive vehicle you go you are not recognized .but in our amby people say oh this car was here a week back ,or yesterday it gets noticed .so moral of the story those who are secretly dating avoid this type of vehicles .[;)]

Photo1147.jpg

Photo1152.jpg

Photo1165.jpg

Photo1166.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom