HM Ambassador Diesel (2005) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi, everybody.

Good news.

Finally got a very nice Ambassador isuzu diesel 2005 model with power steering, A/c; car is in good condition, little to no tinkering required, engine very smooth, tyres in good condition, excellent suspension, as it has done only about 60,000 kms. A very decent and trustworthy party as well, so I am very happy with the purchase. Only thing that I need to change immediately is seat covers and install a good floor covering.

I will do puja for it tomorrow and then check tyre air pressure including stepney, radiator fluid, engine oil, take it for a water service and so on. :)

Re: Looking For Second Hand Ambassador Diesel Isuzu Classic

Congrats harishankar, you finally got the car you always wanted. Dont forget to upload some pics of your car.

Thread Starter #3

Thanks, Akash. The vehicle is a 2000 DSL, not 2000 DSZ. I'm afraid I made a slight mistake because I didn't actually see the vehicle except on the first occasion and the mechanic who came with me at that time said it was an isuzu engine.

The engine is a 2000 HM diesel.

Ah, well. The deal is done and concluded. I cannot have any regrets now. I am still a bit confused whether it is Isuzu-based or not, but I am almost sure it isn't.

Last edited:

Thanks, Akash. The vehicle is a 2000 DSL, not 2000 DSZ. I'm afraid I made a slight mistake because I didn't actually see the vehicle except on the first occasion and the mechanic who came with me at that time said it was an isuzu engine.

The engine is a 2000 HM diesel.

Ah, well. The deal is done and concluded. I cannot have any regrets now. I am still a bit confused whether it is Isuzu-based or not, but I am almost sure it isn't.
congrats [clap] don't forget to click pic and keep us update with your ownership always wanted to know more about this beauty

also according wiki 2000CC engine were isuzu also only 1.5 is DSL 2.0 is DSZ according HM website
Hindustan Ambassador - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thread Starter #5

Thanks. I will upload pics and give a report once I change the seat covers and install a new floor matting. It's a very good car, in fine condition - not used much, I can see that. It was used by a government servant who's now retired and wanted to sell the car. 2005 model, it's done only 61,000 kms so far. Tyres are in good condition and fit for another 15-20,000 kms at least.

When I took it out for a drive yesterday I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and less noisy (comparitively) the engine was and it was reasonably powerful as well so I think it is as good as Isuzu if not Isuzu based. The seating height needs adjustment, the gear-shifting is slightly tight, but everything else works fine. Even the power-steering is very smooth.

Engine is 1995cc turbo diesel so I guess it must be Isuzu based but manufactured by HM under a license agreement.

Today I am going to check oil, tyre air pressure, coolant level, and fill up the tank. I have already consulted the car seat cover dealer and arranged to fit new seat covers and floor mats.

The pure (cream) white is eye-catching too. Very excited about it.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Hi, everybody.

Good news.

Finally got a very nice Ambassador isuzu diesel 2005 model with power steering, A/c; car is in good condition, little to no tinkering required, engine very smooth, tyres in good condition, excellent suspension, as it has done only about 60,000 kms. A very decent and trustworthy party as well, so I am very happy with the purchase. Only thing that I need to change immediately is seat covers and install a good floor covering.

I will do puja for it tomorrow and then check tyre air pressure including stepney, radiator fluid, engine oil, take it for a water service and so on. :)
Hey, what a pleasant news to read on Sunday morning. Heartiest congratulations for getting home your dream car. The wait has been worth it. No? How did you find the car all of sudden? Do tell us about the other details and post some pictures as well in a separate ownership thread. We all are eagerly looking forward to it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

Hey, what a pleasant news to read on Sunday morning. Heartiest congratulations for getting home your dream car. The wait has been worth it. No? How did you find the car all of sudden? Do tell us about the other details and post some pictures as well in a separate ownership thread. We all are eagerly looking forward to it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I found it in an advertisement online. At first he said the vehicle was already sold, but then the other party didn't turn up and I got a ring.

Then I fixed it.

Things in need of attention at present is:

1. Complete engine oil change is required within a short time as the oil dip stick shows oil colour jet black and dull..
2. Coolant should be filled up (temporarily I filled it with water) and the coolant tank cap needs to be replaced (as the plastic end of the coolant tank cap is broken so the pipe drawing the coolant to the radiator cannot be fixed to it)
3. Brake oil/fluid needs to be replenished.
4. Complete water wash to be done but this is not urgent.

Not much else.

Thread Starter #8

The vehicle has been taken to the mechanic's shed today for the necessary servicing and maintenance. When it comes back, the seat covers and floor mats will be installed and then I will be ready to go (and upload pictures of course!)

If and when I have the time, I will follow up with a detailed review.

[thumbsup] good going . don't make us wait for the pic .

also what about your confuse n regarding Isuzu engine did mechanic said something

The vehicle has been taken to the mechanic's shed today for the necessary servicing and maintenance. When it comes back, the seat covers and floor mats will be installed and then I will be ready to go (and upload pictures of course!)

If and when I have the time, I will follow up with a detailed review.
congrats dude!! when are u gonna post pics & review??

Thread Starter #12

I've been extremely busy this week as it's the first week since High Court has re-opened from vacation (I have just qualified for my BL degree and waiting to get enrolled as an advocate soon) and it seems ages ago that I bought the car.

I will definitely post pics in the weekend. Seat covers are not yet changed. That will be done tomorrow morning. Haven't yet officially started using the car yet, since it just returned from the mechanic yesterday.

Please post your thoughts as soon as I post my pics. Much appreciated.

Thread Starter #13

Here are pictures. [:D]

I had the interiors cleaned and then installed a new floor mat and seat covers.

Front view. I just did puja for the vehicle
5823631530_6ef44ebed0.jpg

Back view
5823625302_9404b28725.jpg

Seats
5823644568_e52a0472cf.jpg

5823075221_1bebce1527.jpg

Back seat
5823650906_7bbc1ac45b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14
Re: HM Ambassador Isuzu Diesel (2005) Ownership Review

The engine is HM + 2000 DSL (turbo), not Isuzu, as I have confirmed.

Top Bottom