High Speed Driving - Do's and Don'ts

Re: High Speed Driving - Do's and Don'ts.

Excellent write up, TSI. Thanks for your info. Two things which particularly interested me were the type of footwear one needs to wear and also the tips when a tyre bursts a high speed. Overall, a very informative article. [clap]

Thanks & congratulations to TSIvipul for your efforts & contributions. Byeing inspired by you here is my little contribution :

1. Speeding is safe & fantastic thing to do on relatively empty & well-surfaced higways, as it pumps adrinaline, raises your alertness & quickens the reaction time.
2. Please don’t speed for a long perieord. It must be within 100 – 150 Km at a stretch. Never continue speeding for long drives, how much empty the stretch could be.
3. While speeding slow down in slightest of doubt, however insignificant, unnecessary & foolish that could have been proved later.
4. Untill & unless you are very thorough & frequent about a certain route, never speed at night.
5. Even if you are very thorough, first get a good pair of driving lights fixed & then Speed.
Happy Speeding......

Regards,
Roy

A suggestion for tyre pressure maintenance also,if one is going for a drive of more than 100 km at a stretch, halt at either petrol pumps after each 100 km(If using normal air), check for tyre pressure,deflate up and then inflate,always pressure shown will be greater during high speed long drives.
Else,inflate up with N2 air ,which doesn't need monitoring ,N2 air can last 1-2 months/700km.

Actually sir in Trivandrum i have good professionals dealing with same. A tyre shop in Trivandrum , the owner (he is the only staff also),he has N2 generator setup,he knows the equipment really well.
He had explained in detail when i asked him different sensors and components in the equipment.One component setup is Filter and its sensor,his equipment is one and half years old,it showed 98% - Which implies 98% pure nitrogen, and membrane used is 25%(Membrane needs to be changed at constant intervals)
I don't think he has tampered with the device,as i check N2 after 2-3 months only and level difference after driving in Mixed driving conditions is usually 2-3 PSI.

Reviving an old thread : Some thoughts on "time Required to pass completely"

Tip: Pls read earlier posts in this thread to know about "Safe Overtaking Methods" and THEN read my post. Those not interested in numbers, please head straight to "Inference & Conclusion".

In another thread I started replying and THIS thought below stuck me. Many times, while a car is on an overtaking maneuver, we feel that the Chap is wasting our time simply by o__v__e__r__t__a__k__i__n______g . We (at least I) normally curse the Chap for being FE conscious and blame our luck. Let us see how the relative speeds affect overtaking times.

Say a 4m long Car is doing 80 kph and another 4m long car tries to overtake it. The second car has to travel a total of 8m, to completely pass the 1st car (a variant of this was a physics question when I took IIT-JEE [and failed]). How much time to go clear of the 1st car ? Also, let us see a tougher situation of overtaking two Trucks, doing same 80 kph. I will assume they are each 12m long and together they occupy 30m on road, from end-to-end. Take 4m length of the overtaking car and you've got to travel 34m completely to pass them. How much will be the time taken (in seconds) ? Answer below :

1 at 80 kph.jpg

Now let us see the time taken (in seconds) to overtake, if the 1st Car (and the two Volvo Buses) travel at 100 kph.

2 at 100 kph.jpg

Now let us see the time taken (in seconds) to overtake, if the 1st Car (and the two Volvo Buses) travel at 120 kph.

3 at 120 kph.jpg

Let us now average from above figures:

• If the relative speeds differ by 5 kph, it takes 5.8 looong sec to clear 8m relative distance.
  • If the relative speeds differ by 10 kph, it takes 2.85 sec to clear 8m relative distance.
  • If the relative speeds differ by 20 kph, it takes 1.44 sec to clear 8m relative distance.
  • If the relative speeds differ by 30 kph, it takes 0.95 sec to clear 8m relative distance.

• If the relative speeds differ by 5 kph, it takes 24.5 loooooooooong sec to clear 34m relative distance.
  • If the relative speeds differ by 10 kph, it takes 12.15 loooong sec to clear 34m relative distance.
  • If the relative speeds differ by 20 kph, it takes 6.12 looong sec to clear 34m relative distance.
  • If the relative speeds differ by 30 kph, it takes 4.07 long sec to clear 34m relative distance.

INFERENCE :

1. At 85 kph, you travel 23.61 m per second. With just 5kph relative speed difference, if you take 5.8 sec to clear 8m relative distance, you NEED to CLEARLY SEE WHAT IS AHEAD of you for up to 137 m. Meaning, 137m clear space is required for overcoming a 8m relative distance.
  2. At same 85 kph and same 5kph relative speed difference, if you take 24.5 sec to clear 34m relative distance, you NEED to CLEARLY SEE WHAT IS AHEAD of you for UP TO 578.4 m. Meaning, more than half a km clear space is required for overcoming a 34m relative distance [surprise]
  3. If you SHIFT DOWN and gather a speed difference of, say 20 kph, things improve. Figures for 8m & 34m will be only, 40.03 m and 170.136 m. These distances are much "Comfortable to have an eye on".
  4. For 30 kph difference, figures for 8m & 34m are just, 29.07 m and 124.54 m. You don't need to do insane speeds. Just 110kph instead of 100 kph... Like a Commando Strike... Easy Peasy.

CONCLUSION:

FE can be given importance while accelerating and / or Cruising. There is a time for everything. Overtaking is the time one should think more on SAFETY. It is NOT the time to worry about FE. Shift down while overtaking.Driving a 126 bHP brute, I shift down many times to avoid uneasy situations. It is much safer for ALL concerned.

@ Mods:
I do not know if data given in THIS post are repetitive. Kindly delete, if so. Thanks.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

Wow. Such data is far and Rare in between. I am always uncomfortable when 2 overloaded trucks are trying to overtake each other and no one is making good progress. At such times its essential you do not tailgate anyone and keep atleast 2 truck lengths away in case someone decides to drop back or do emergency braking. As your calculations show, having decent power on tap is essential for safe and quick overtaking.

Whereas you can be safe by slowing down during challenging conditions (Eg rain) , Speeding up also can increase safety by quickly passing dangerous positions (eg. overtaking). Its just a matter of decent common sense and mathematical calculations in your head.

Speed always gets the flack, be it from the cops, goverment or even our parents. However traveling a good 30~40 Kmph above bulk regular traffic speeds (On open roads) makes you more in control and safer as the result. Infact, when speed limits are applied (Which are often stupidly low in India), All kinds of messy traffic bunches up together, increasing risk of domino effect.

BTW, I drive a 140 HP brute.

... I am always uncomfortable when 2 overloaded trucks are trying to overtake each other and no one is making good progress. At such times its essential you do not tailgate anyone and keep atleast 2 truck lengths away... having decent power on tap is essential for safe and quick overtaking.
Generally they are doing 60-70 kph. I fall behind the one on the Right Lane, and wait for sometime. A mild Honk (sometimes looonger) wakes up the truck drivers. Most of the times, they respond positively... One slows down and the Other goes fast. The resultant gap is good enough for a quick dive and exit.

Rarely, they choose to ignore me. I still continue waiting in the Right Lane where the success rate is about 60%. Soon the one on the Left Lane will slow down due to some disturbance there. Phew...

... Speeding up also can increase safety by quickly passing dangerous positions...
AGREED ... problems should be left behind ; faaaaar behind ;-) I call my Verna "the run away car" for this very same reason.

... when speed limits are applied (Which are often stupidly low in India), All kinds of messy traffic bunches up together, increasing risk of domino effect...
Plus one, plus two and plus three. When my cruising speeds are below 100 kph, I move to the Left Lane. THIS, is Common Sense and also is the Advice given in the VERY FIRST PAGE in THIS THREAD. I find it disturbing when "users strictly adhering to the Max Speed Limit are on the Right Lane". Technically they are Correct and Legally Fine. But, they are just ignorant of surrounding speeds and are inducing rash moves from those at higher speeds. It is NOT safe for "right-lane-chockers" too.

... BTW, I drive a 140 HP brute
THAT made me smile. May I know the name of the "Bigger Brute" :-)

Very good article. I'm a new driver and its been just 4-5 months since i started driving regularly. I have covered 5.5k kms on cars now and feel confident on the roads now. I travel regularly on Both Kerala & Tamil Nadu state/national highways and a few things that i follow while travelling on highways:

1. Most highways sees very less to nil traffic during early morning hours ( 2am - 6am). This is the best time to start a trip if one needs to cover more distance without doing crazy speeds. I have upgraded the headlights of my car to Osram Nighbreakers and there is a considerable difference in both brightness & throw. I feel comfortable driving at 100 kmph and never try to exceed the 100 kmph limit. During early morning drivers one can easily maintain an 80 kmph average speed while cruising at 95-100 kmph. Heck, 80kmph average speed is still faster than most of the super fast trains & Volvo buses on the roads.

2. I regularly do Thrissur- Varkala trips and those familiar with this route will know that first 100 kms are on 4 lane smooth highway and the next 130 odd kms on single lane highways. After maintaining 100 kmph on 4 Lane roads and when the roads suddenly shapes into a single carriageway, it takes a while for brain to adjust. I slow down the car to 60- 70kmph for a few mins before speeding again. I try to maintain speeds between 80-90 kmph on 2 lane roads even on empty sections.

3. My car is not equipped with ABS so i try to drive defensively as much as possible. I usually slow down at junctions & intersections even during nights. I'm wary of tailgating and always maintain a safe distance from the vehicle at front even if i'm doing crawling speeds.

Chapter 4
Know Yourself

Well, I have nothing to do with Baba Ramdev, nor I am going to push you on the path of Yoga with tasks like “Know yourself” or the “Quest to know the truth of life”. All I want to mention here is that one needs to be aware of self. Now you think, if Mr. Natthulal is suffering from severe vision disorder and is unable to see anything far away clearly and then he is doing 120 kph in his shining new Mercedes Benz, what result will one expect?

The point behind this chapter is simple, there is always a difference between doing slow speeds and high speeds and if anything goes wrong while one is doing high speeds then the results may be far more devastating than what one can expect at lower speeds. One must avoid high speed drives when:
  • The person is not physically fit
  • The person is suffering any kind of physical injury to any body part which is actively used for controlling the vehicle.
  • The person is less experienced.

It is all about being how confident you are about your vehicle, your drive and yourself above all. All in all, before going for any high speed drive, it is equally necessary to be fit for the drive both physically and mentally.
[:)]

Chapter 5
Theory Of Relativity – What Are High Speeds And ‘Where’?

I am sure Mr. Einstein won’t be happy knowing this ‘Theory of Relativity’ of mine but everything is related to another by some way or another.
Okay, so we have a speed limit of 100 kilometers an hour on Yamuna Expessway – one of the finest(maybe the finest itself) road in India. There’s no second thought that even 100 kph also feels slow by the standards of that gem of an expressway but then it’s not so for whole country.
Even high speed is also a relative term, on a hilly road even 60 kph also fells in the category of high speed, on a dual carriageway 80 kph seems to be enough while in the city premises, doing 60 kph is nothing but suicidal. Although we have good expressways where high speeds can be easily maintained but still we strictly recommend one to drive under the speed limits only and the reasons behind it are:
  • Your safety is above everything. Example: The tyre burst incidents of Yamuna Expressway are hidden to none, nor their results are. Speed limit is set taking care of travel time, safety and comfort and actually is a good compromise of all. And no doubt, doing 100 kph you are also saving fuel, enhancing your engine life, saving wear of your tyres and a lot more.
  • Driving in the speed limit means you are driving at the speed of traffic and it gives you a distinct advantage which results in lesser usage of clutch, brakes and lesser gearshift, hence making the drive a breeze.
All in all, its all about being quick and safe at the same time and high speeds are better attained at expressways only, not only it will make it comfortable for you, but safety is even more important. After all being late is always better than never reaching the destination, maybe the life you will end up saving is yours own.

Chapter 6
Whether I Do 80 Or 120, Does It Make Any Difference?

Well, doing 80 or doing 120 definitely makes a difference. No doubt you are a fantastic driver and you know very well hoe to get the things under control but what actually makes the difference is how your vehicle is going to behave under that speed and adding to it is the distance you are covering every second.
  • 80 kph = 22.22 meter/second
  • 120 kph = 33.33 meter/second

Now take for an instance, a vehicle suddenly comes into your way at a distance of 40 meters(You are driving a Nissan Sunny). So the thing goes this way:
Your reaction time + time for fluid mechanics as well to work = 0.5 second(so less because you are a very efficient driver)
In that 0.5 second you will end up covering:
11.11 meters@80 kph
16.66 meters@120 kph
So basically, before the brakes are actually applied, you have already covered 11.11 meters when you are doing 80 kph and 16.66 meters when you are doing 120 kph.
This makes that the distance between you and other vehicle is 28.89 meters when you are doing 80 kph and 23.34 meters when you are doing 120 kph.

Now, here are the braking times and braking curve for some cars:

These are the braking distances* for some cars:
Its 46.57 for Sunny and 49.97 for XUV

So at 80 kph your car will come to complete stop at 11.11 + 27.28 = 38.39 meters. Its definitely a close shave as all you have stopped is just 1.61 meters before colliding with other vehicle. Now if we take 100 kph, then you are covering 27.77 meters per second and your reaction time distance covered is 13.88 meters. So all you are left with is 26.11 meters to stop.
Now stopping distance at 100 kph for Nissan Sunny XV is 46.57 meters, this makes you short by 20.46 meters. In other words, you can expect to hit the other vehicle/obstacle at a speed good enough to make major damages to you as well as your car.
This was the scene at 100 kph, so it’s a no brainer that at 120 kph your stopping distance will be long enough that maybe you may end up hitting that other vehicle at 80 kph. With a rise of 20 kph in speed, the stopping distance became 1.7 times, going by even this trend we can find that at 120 kph, the stopping distance can be as high as 79 meters.

I hope it is well understood that how a difference of ‘only’ 20 or 40 kph can make some major differences.

Amazing explanation
Hats off to you TSI VIPUL

FE can be given importance while accelerating and / or Cruising. There is a time for everything. Overtaking is the time one should think more on SAFETY. It is NOT the time to worry about FE. Shift down while overtaking.Driving a 126 bHP brute, I shift down many times to avoid uneasy situations. It is much safer for ALL concerned.

@ Mods:
I do not know if data given in THIS post are repetitive. Kindly delete, if so. Thanks.
Thats a very smart point Vipul_968
i have seen people overtaking in a very relaxed way and constant speed,thats very risky as you have mentioned.
i overtake quickly and stick to my average comfortable speed after maintaining a safe distance from the car i have overtook.

Last edited by a moderator:

kkn13

Suspended
Yeah excellent point !!
I see alot of drivers lugging engines in high gears thinking high gears = FE
Actually you are using more fuel , putting strain on internals such as the transmission etc

I always downshift and stay in 2k-3k power range in uncertain scenarios
even if Im at low speeds, i cannot brake or switch lanes to avoid idiots on the road driving funny, so I downshift, use the sudden burst to overtake without giving anyone a cut
sometimes I do because of no alternative, its either getting tailgated or running the risk of tailgating someone or getting locked in both the sides of my car with both drivers wanting to crush my vehicle, it seems

Lane discipline in Mumbai 's WEH is terrible
I end up getting worked up nearly every 2 seconds
A loud horn helps wonders

can
... That's a very smart point Vipul_968 ...
@SilverEyez --- Funny fellow, you are ... You managed to merge TSIvipul and I [lol]

... i overtake quickly and stick to my average comfortable speed after maintaining a safe distance from the car i have overtook.
Your method is Good. I guess THIS is what YOU wanted to put in words ... "Overtake quickly - maintain overtaking speed to go CLEARLY ahead - and THEN, stick to a speed slightly above the vehicle overtaken".

... I always downshift and stay in 2k-3k power range in uncertain scenarios even if Im at low speeds, ...
Nice point. Many drivers are NOT aware of the benefits of staying in the peak Torque Curve. Those driving smaller CC engines will benefit a lot by following this.

... its either getting tailgated or running the risk of tailgating someone or getting locked in both the sides of my car with both drivers wanting to crush my vehicle...
The first TWO are very scary scenarios. We can only hope for the best. In the third scenario, if none is tailgating me, I immediately drop speed and allow "Vin Diesels" to go ahead; my Verna always smokes them few minutes later [;)] . If someone is just behind me, this 3rd scenario raises BP ; I put out my right hand to signal my intention of slowing down --- de best I can do. One-touch Power Windows come very handy.

... Lane discipline in Mumbai 's WEH is terrible
I end up getting worked up nearly every 2 seconds
A loud horn helps wonders
Lane discipline is poor ALL OVER India; ... Knowing that "drivers all over India are facing same music", should help you cool down [;)] This "zig-zag lane changing & overtaking" is mostly executed by "two wheelers, AutoRicks and smaller vehicles" at slow speeds in City traffic. They rightfully feel that the bigger vehicles are choking their progress inside Cities. SADLY, on open roads, they forget (many times) that they are choking powerful vehicles. "I am at the 80 kph legal limit --- I will drive on the right lane only --- If you are in a hurry, find your own way" is a very very bad attitude. Disaster can happen, with just a mild kiss from a heavier and faster vehicle. Which of the two is preferable ? "I reached home safely on time ... OR ... I didn't yield to a bigger vehicle. My Ego is intact" ??

=========================================================

In the "pictures-videos-automobiles-involved-accidents" thread in TAI, today I wrote about loss of life due to "uncertainties on road and mad zig-zaging" (link).

As on today, my list for " Safe and Speedy Journey" is:

1. Maintaining Lane Discipline
  2. Caring for Personal Safety
  3. Caring for Others' Safety
  4. Yielding to faster vehicles
  5. Maintaining 'Minimum Braking Distance (MBD)
  6. Not eating into others' MBD, while planning and executing a overtaking move
  7. Should NOT slow down immediately after overtaking a vehicle.
  8. Maintaining Speed of Traffic
  9. Avoid 'mindless overtaking maneuvers'
  10. Be alert whenever traffic is bunching
  11. Use RVMs at regular interval
  12. On the NHs, treating two-wheelers like a Car. WE will be mentally at peace to give them more space.
  13. Avoid driving by the side of two-wheelers on Highways. Their ride is not so balanced like a car.
  14. Avoid driving parallel to ANY vehicle at their speed on multi-lane Highways. You can as well FOLLOW them and allow others to go past.
  15. Avoid eye-contact with bad drivers.
  16. Avoid 'using phone while driving"

Re: High Speed Driving - Do’s And Don’ts.

Chapter 1
Who Said Speed And Safety Can’t Go Side By Side?

Speed and Safety altogether! Sounds strange, right? ‘Safety’ is like a physical constant we study in science which has nothing to do with the parameters it is being added to but has the capability of changing the entire equations and the final outcome of them. Is slower one safe? I disagree, if it is so then slow moving traffic would have never seen accidents.

One can be quick as well as safe, all they need to follow are some safety tips like:
  • Follow lane discipline
  • Proper indications before making maneuvers
  • Proper maintenance of one’s ride
  • Buckle up
  • Keep well under speed limit
  • Avoid drunk or fatigue driving

Follow the concept of ABCS – Air, Brakes, Control, Speed and Seat belts. Let me elaborate it a bit:
  • Air: Proper inflation of tyres.
  • Brakes: Should be monitored time to time and must be given proper maintenance when required.
  • Control: Steering, Brakes, Wheel Balancing etc anything that affects the control or ride of the vehicle must be closely monitored and given proper rectification if any issues do arise.
  • Speed: “If everything is under control, you are not going fast enough” and “If anything goes out of control then you will crash fast enough to kill you”. So better is to select life and safety over speed.
  • Seatbelts: I guess their importance require no special mention. They are life saviors and we strictly recommend them.

By following these tips, one can keep his/her ride well suited to carry good speeds, safely and joyfully. No need of being slow to keep safe – keep driving at the speed limit and enjoy the drive, just be careful of the signals, warnings and take care of the safety because “Maybe the life you will end up saving is yours”.[:)]

Chapter 2
Know The Road

So you love blind dates! Well, who knows when the hit and trial may work out for you. We wish same was for driving too. Here the blind date may be with a truck, some animal or even with death in extreme cases, I am sure the mood to go on a blind date is shaken now. Any ways, like we never go for any relation in our life without knowing the other person, same is with roads. Knowing the way you are going to travel not only adds to convenience but also adds to safety too. Knowing the road consists of:

• Know the location of cities the road is passing through, byepass ways, eateries, fuel bunk locations etc. knowledge of all this can save you from wasting your time, getting you proper points of break when needed. Knowing of proper eating points is as much important as the safety is – it affects your health. Once I ended up with bad food and bad stomach on mid way and I can tell you that the 4 hour journey was like a 40 years of expedition for me that time.
  • Know the road: It’s all about knowing of the road and its sections along with the appropriate time for passing through any section. Example: Some roads are good for day driving but are dangerous in night, or some roads are partially closed during night for construction etc. So its better to know of the road and the points mentioned in the former point before leaving for the drive. According to the road, plan your journey time taking some time extra considering the jams etc.
  • Does the road passes through any city? If yes, then better you plan for an early or late hours trip so that you can easily cross the city and in case it’s simply unavoidable then it’s always better to have a list of secondary routes also prepared with you as cities are very much jam prone during day time and having an another route option can save you a lot of time and money.
  • Know the places the road passes through like hills, villages or some low lying areas because if so are the cases then better you cover any risky areas during day(Landslide prone zones, low lying areas where rain can cause floods etc).
  • Now you know about the road you are going to travel on, next comes the knowledge of your car before you actually press on the gas. Well, just like any love affair, the sexy thing about knowing your ride is that in nearly every drive you end up discovering something new about your ride and when you do it – your love for your ride and confidence on it increases exponentially. So, let’s move on and know what all one needs to know about his/her ride before leaving for that high speed drive.

Chapter 3
Know Your Ride

Going by scientific terms, we have roll centers, lateral load transfers, yaw torque and some more such boring words which actually have nothing to do with you but have a lot to do with your car. When God made cars, he made them different(oh, c’mon man – how boring world would have been with just one type of cars) and he made them different so that they can perform different tasks. Knowing your ride is all about being aware of the capabilities of your vehicle. Now you can’t simply expect a Santro to overtake a long hauler as quickly as a V8 S-Class on a dual carriageway and if you expect – then the on-coming traffic is ready to fix your appointment with yamaraj. So all you need to know about your car before you go for the drive is:
  • Has it got right set of shoes? Well, for sprinting you need to have a right pair of shoes else all you will end up in is hurting yourself. Same is with cars, at high speeds the thing that is at biggest risk is ‘tyres’. Example: If your car has got 195/65 R15 tyres then they will be running at around 20.76 RPS(Revolution Per Second) or 1245.87 RPM when you are doing 120 kph. Now if you take friction, surface temperature, centrifugal forces and all such boring stuff into account then actually your car runs on a small live bomb at such speeds and if not taken care of – this bomb will explode and results of this are unknown to none.
  • So, the selection of right shoes is a must. Example: You can’t expect A/T or M/T tyres to perform well on highway speeds(100-120 kph) and they will actually spoil the control instead of enhancing it.
  • So we are done with the shoes and next comes the Engine. Well, it’s the most important part and knowing your engine and gearbox is as important as knowing the habits of your better half is. Being aware of the power and torque delivery of your engine you are aware of how the car will behave in any gear at any speed and hence helping you calculate what gear and engine rpm is must for any maneuver at any speed.
  • Steering response and handling: Steering ratio for all cars is not same and so does the response. Now you can’t expect a Toyota Etios to be as quick in responding to steering inputs and change its directions as you can do in a Ford Fiesta. So, being the driver you need to be aware of how your car responds to the steering inputs and how much does the body of your vehicle rolls while negotiating a corner. Afterall, knowing this you can always calculate the right amount of steering input as well as the speed at which your car can safely take corner.
  • Braking of your vehicle: Is your vehicle ABS equipped? Are there any other assisting features like ESP etc? You need to be aware of it all and how the vehicle is going to behave under hard braking. Example: Hard braking in a Honda City is easily manageable but doing same in a Tata Safari can be a bit tricky. So all you need to understand is how your vehicle is going to behave under braking and based on this you actually decide the braking force you need to apply during the conditions which demand braking applications. Being aware of the braking behavior of your vehicle, you can avoid various accidents like overturning etc.
  • Behavior of your car in rain, on flooded roads etc. You always need to be aware of how your car will end up behaving on wet roads, in dust storms, flooded roads etc. This simply gives you a safer side as you are aware of the capabilities of your vehicle.

Well, writing it all was easy but learning is equally difficult but then that’s the sexy thing about the ownership experience. Any relation keeps on being interesting until there are new things to discover about your better half every moment you are together, same is with the ownership of your vehicle, so keep discovering and enjoy the love for your vehicle.[:)]
Nicely said. I keep saying this to my peers that they need to understand the capacities, dynamics and LIMITATIONS.

I have a small doubt if you don't mind clarifying

You said A/T & M/T tyres can't do well on high speed 100-120 kph speed. Did you refer Automatic Transmission tyres and Manual Transmission tyres... Little confused which tyres you're referring to.

Thanks
Kumar

Re: High Speed Driving - Do’s And Don’ts.

Nicely said. I keep saying this to my peers that they need to understand the capacities, dynamics and LIMITATIONS.

I have a small doubt if you don't mind clarifying

You said A/T & M/T tyres can't do well on high speed 100-120 kph speed. Did you refer Automatic Transmission tyres and Manual Transmission tyres... Little confused which tyres you're referring to.

Thanks
Kumar
All-terrain tyres and Mud-terrain tyres are referred.

Top Bottom