High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (HSRP)

Thread Starter #46
Re: High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (IND)

So should I buy one for my DZire and Activa, or should I wait till it is actually implemented! Also I think I will have to change my bike's IND plates too, if the rto guyz says thats its illegal!![roll]
You have to wait till it is implemented. Otherwise it is not official and you will have to replace when it is eventually implemented. The only official plates are those from the RTO fitting centre.

This news has been going on for sometime now. I will wait till my RTO implements it here and i will get the official plates from the RTO fitting centers itself. I like the IND plates though and i have no objection for getting the same.

Thread Starter #48

The government is taking too much time to implement this. I think I'll just order some plates from Utsav for my i10, Activa and Bullet.

Re: Best Gearless Scooter? (Booked Honda Activa DLX Candy Lucid Red)

Guys any idea on HSRP plates for the new vehicle, what would be the cost fo that in Bangalore.

Last edited by a moderator:

@mukeshus, my senior got his IND plate(only front as he bought the rear plates already) for his PY regd. Optra from Bangalore for 300 Rs.
My dad got IND plates for 750 Rs in Chennai. I might get it this week, still confused.

What is the practical use of these plates ? :stupid:

Guys I am really worried about these plates! for the fact that I own a bullet & you all know how the number plate on a bullet is which is all single assy. So does this rule apply to all vehicles I mean commercial & non-commercial like cars, motorcycles? one more thing do we need to get plates for front & back? thanks for responses

Guys I am really worried about these plates! for the fact that I own a bullet & you all know how the number plate on a bullet is which is all single assy. So does this rule apply to all vehicles I mean commercial & non-commercial like cars, motorcycles? one more thing do we need to get plates for front & back? thanks for responses
Obviously its for both the sides, after all the purpose is to track the vehicle number.

Also the board should be of standard sizes.

I am looking forward to get these plates now before the mandate begins. The utsav website says it has to be sold and fitted in RTO premises(I could not see order online anywhere on the website). I hate to goto the RTO. Anybody in pune knows about this or any pointers on whom to contact etc?

350Z

Core Team

I’m also searching for IND registration plate supplier from some time now. I came across the following link which might be helpful for other members. It has contact details of some of them: High Security Registration Plates

Drive Safe,
350Z

You have to wait till it is implemented. Otherwise it is not official and you will have to replace when it is eventually implemented. The only official plates are those from the RTO fitting centre.
I have it on my car since 4 years so guess new one should be installed ?

In West Bengal, HSRP is mandatory from mid of January 2011 for new cars. For existing cars though it is not mandatory yet, one can put this by filling a form. A private organization in the premises of Kolkata PVD, is doing the job against the payment of Rs.500/= ( front & rear). This is same for other PVDs also in the state .

350Z

Core Team

If that is the case then I think I should better stick with normal plates for a while.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom