High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (HSRP)

Thread Starter #61
Re: High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (IND)

If that is the case then I think I should better stick with normal plates for a while.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Well I think the Utsav plates at Rs. 600 will look good on your car. The normal plates are cheaper but I feel the Utsav plates (HSRP replica's) are worth it.

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for the opinion. I will enquire them about the exact pricing and only if it is reasonable, I will proceed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

From where did you get them? If from the RTO, they are legal. Otherwise you will need new ones.
I had it ordered through an accessories dealer paid 1200 then,it was 4 years ago & I liked how it looked,they are the two wheeler sized ones with hologram,reflective background etc as shown on this thread in the beginning.

Thread Starter #64

I had it ordered through an accessories dealer paid 1200 then,it was 4 years ago & I liked how it looked,they are the two wheeler sized ones with hologram,reflective background etc as shown on this thread in the beginning.
Then they are not genuine.

Thanks for the opinion. I will enquire them about the exact pricing and only if it is reasonable, I will proceed.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Check out their site
High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India
You can order online.

Guessing so,anyone here have got the genuine ones then?there is suppose to be a laser inscription & a hologram containing details of the car????

Thread Starter #66

Guessing so,anyone here have got the genuine ones then?there is suppose to be a laser inscription & a hologram containing details of the car????
I will click some photos of the genuine ones. The fakes are almost the same. The only way to know is the by the bolts used to fix them. They have a kind of seal.

What is with high security plates ? I mean what purpose they would solve ? :stupid:I do not have a clue about them.
Shailinder actual purpose of this HSRP is to nab the offenders in case of accident.

Or one who violates traffic law.

And other main reason was to install some readers on main junction, which can read the details from the board of car, so that the vehicle can be tracked through RTO.

But that's never going to happen with corruption in place.

And always Govt wants to give the offer to one with lowest bid.

They think how much comission they will get and whom they should source?

All this can't be avoided in India.

So end result is Nil, with Supreme court have given a deadline of Apr 2012 which has to be implemented by respective State Govt.

Do you know one thing, the so called smart card being issued from Bangalore RTO is useless, as it has only 4kb ram in it, instead of 64kb memory, which can store only 3 offences, after that liecense gets cancelled, but that's never going to happen.[frustration]

Here is the link to recently purchased number plates.

RTO only suggested me to go for number plates at outside vendors, as they are not authorized to sell the number plates, till the Govt nods.

That is what i got to know from the inspector.

So i got it done for my car :950/-

Here is a link of my ride:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-silver-35-000-kms-counting-dsc_0119.nef.jpg
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-silver-35-000-kms-counting-dsc_0025.nef.jpg

2 wheeler: 650/-
And of the 2 wheeler:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...onda-activa-candy-lucid-red-2.html#post121743

The quality of board is good.

@ Mukeshus so there is no official ind plate seller in Bangalore or Karnataka as govt has not given a nod even though its 6 years since ind plates were available in Bangalore(so all those who fitted ind plates wont be considered Rto approved i guess)?

does your scorp & activa use those security bolts?Where did you get the plates from?

& the smart card issue you mentioned is an eyeopener!

350Z

Core Team

A representative from Utsav informed that they are not producing HSRP at the moment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z even i have got temporary cheap ones (while i was also looking to get utsav ones), but best to wait for the original HSRP thing , it seems we are finally close to it and you might rather avoid spending twice.

350Z

Core Team

Now I'm considering the same. Got the registration done. Tomorrow will order a new set of of plates.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #73

A representative from Utsav informed that they are not producing HSRP at the moment.
Utsav never made HSRP's. They call them Smart Plates. Earlier they were exact replicas of the HSRP's. Now the Hologram is replaced by the Utsav logo.

Now I'm considering the same. Got the registration done. Tomorrow will order a new set of of plates.
Which ones; the cheap ones or Utsav?

Thread Starter #74

SC sets March 31 deadline on HSRP
Published on: January 21, 2012 - 01:34

More in:

India News

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Friday set a deadline of March 31 for implementation of its order on high security registration plates for motor vehicles with a warning that failure by state governments and Union territories to comply with its order would invite contempt action.

The apex court said it was “closing the chapter” on the issue of tamper-free high security number plates in vehicles by giving a period by which the entire process has to be completed.

“Hereafter, no application will be entertained on the issue. We are giving March 31 as the last date for implementation of the scheme, otherwise contempt action would be initiated,” a bench headed by the Chief Justice of India, Mr Justice S H Kapadia said.

The bench, also comprising Mr Justice A K Patnaik and Mr Justice Swatanter Kumar, expressed its displeasure that despite its warning of initiating contempt action, many of the states failed to file their affidavits in terms of its December 8, 2011 order.

It must be recalled that the Minister of State of Road Transport and Highways, Dr Tushar A. Choudhary in a written reply in Lok Sabha, November, last year, said that the high security registration plates have been made mandatory for all types of motor vehicles including old vehicles in the country. Rule 50 of Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 was amended in March, 2001 to mandate fitment of high security registration plates in all categories of new as well as in-use motor vehicles. The central government has notified the standards and specifications of HSRP.

The central government has also notified the testing agencies that are to test the plates based on the prescribed specifications and issue type approval certificate to vendors, and also the date of implementation of the scheme, which is the responsibility of the state governments. The states are to select the vendors from among those who have been given Type Approval Certificate by the authorized testing agencies under Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.

As per information available with the ministry, eighteen vendors have already obtained type-approval certificates for HSRP from the notified agencies.
The selection of vendor and finalisation of price of HSRP in the various States/UTs is to be done by each state government/UT administration in accordance with the relevant rules and procedural instructions as applicable in the respective States/UTs. The price of the HSRP may, therefore, vary from state to state. No state government has, however reported non-availability of HSRP with the vendors.

Attachments

Top Bottom