High-End Nano in Making: Nano 800cc Deluxe?

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
MUMBAI: It may have been pitched as the cheapest car on road, but Tata Motors is looking to launch a fully-loaded deluxe version of the Nano on Indian roads by 2012. The deluxe Nano would not only have a more powerful engine at its heart, but would also sport comfort and safety features like power steering, air bags and ABS.

The deluxe Nano comes as Tata Motors works on an advanced version of its budget car for the European markets, called 'Nano Europa', that was also displayed at the Geneva Motor Show last year. The company is looking at launching the same car in India when it gets ready for its debut in Europe. "Yes, there is a chance of Tata Motors launching the Nano Europa in the Indian market as well," Tata Motors' India operations MD PM Telang told TOI.

The Europa is being developed keeping in mind the requirements of international markets and thus will be a step above the existing Nano retailed in India. Telang said the car will be advanced, and enhanced, to the existing model. "It will have several additional features like a more powerful engine, power steering, airbags, ABS as well as higher structural strengths," he said.

Tata Motors has said that the Europa will have a wheelbase longer than the existing Nano and will have redesigned interiors. Also, the car will be powered by a 3-cylinder sporty all-aluminium MPFI engine with a 5-speed automatic transmission. The company has targeted that the petrol engine will be highly fuel efficient and will have low CO2 emission of less than 100 gm/km.

Source: Times of India

yeah i too read this news in todays Times of India.Its a good move by tata to offer a better and more powerful variant of Nano in india as well, which we all have seen its model in last auto expo,but still the concerns over the current nano catching fire isnt a good news for tata as well.They really need to pull their socks towards their suppliers of components.Europa nano might be around 3.5-5L anything between this figures i guess.

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended
Well, the Europa will have a new engine, so we need not be worried about it catching fire.

i know that buddy, but what happens is that the same quality and same car is not offered for indian markets for sure, you can check out all the models available here and exported.They always try to get cheap components for more price to take from consumers.Hope its not repeated again with tata nano.

Thread Starter #5

AMG

Suspended
It certainly wont be.

Because the laws in Europe are so strict, that even if tata takes one wrong step, it wont be able to recover.

And they dont even have a great reputation overseas, either.

AMG, you are not getting me mate, all am i saying to you is that we wont be getting the same model, same engine, same specs as available for nano europa, but some changes in current one,may be better engine for sure, but they usually dont offer the same product as they manufacturer for export markets.Hope you got me this time.
Nothing for europa nano as tata or any other company cannot supply any cheap or secondary product as all of them has to oblidge with the country's rules and regulations.

Thread Starter #7

AMG

Suspended
Ok, finally got you this time.

Yeah, we wont get the exact same car, but 90% will be similar.

eg. We will get ABS only, while Europe gets ABS + 4 Airbags.
We will get Aircon only whereas Europe gets Climate Control.
We will get wheelcaps while Europe gets alloys.
We will get only the front wiper, while Europe gets front and rear wipers.
etc etc

Ok, finally got you this time.

Yeah, we wont get the exact same car, but 90% will be similar.

eg. We will get ABS only, while Europe gets ABS + 4 Airbags.
We will get Aircon only whereas Europe gets Climate Control.
We will get wheelcaps while Europe gets alloys.
We will get only the front wiper, while Europe gets front and rear wipers.
etc etc
I agree, but i hope we get the one with the same features.
For now enjoy some pics of the Nano Europa.

Attachments

It would be a shame if the Europa came here without atleast 2 airbags, those gorgeous alloys and a rear wiper.

Well atleast i hope the quality improves and no fire accidents again in the future.

I also feel we wont get the same features of the Europa. Only a bigger and better engine with redone interiors at the max.

350Z

Core Team
That’s impressive but it will eventually draw the much hyped cost of Nano on to a higher level. It cannot be said whether we are going to get a replica of Europa but I expect Deluxe version to be better equipped with safer. Airbag in Rs.3 Lakh car is possible. Remember $10 airbags? Only if it turns out into reality though.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I dont think tata will offer Nano with airbags even on its deluxe version. Expect ABS but airbags, i dont think so.[thinking]

High-End Nano in Making: Nano+ or Nano Europa??

Guys came across news that TML is planning to upgrade the existing version of nano with added safety such as:
1> Airbags.
2>Cosmetic changes with alloys.
3>Inbuilt ICE
4>1 litre Engine
With constant feed back from existing customers.

Check this: Tata Motors to launch high-end version of Nano-Auto-TV-Economic Times

Last edited:

Top Bottom