HIDs vs Halogen high wattage vs halogens 60/55 w

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends.

My new i10's default 60/55 w headlamps are enough for my vision.Its really funny to see people noticing my i10 coming towards them from a long distance.Due to this they stop their car in one side and wait for me to pass n thus i don't have to face any congestion in narrow roads.Earlier i had M800 n its lights were hopeless.I always had to slow down it whenever i used to see an oncoming high beam vehicle but its not required in i10. Instead people with high beams automatically low their beams when they see my high beams. I feel like i rule the road during the night time.

Even after all this advantage, do i really need to change my headlamps to higher wattage bulbs or to HIDs? What exactly can the Hids do which normal bulbs cant?

If you are satisfied with your headlamps then why do you want waste money changing them? I would suggest stay with the stock ones if you are satisfied with them.

same with me ,when i drive Ambassador at night no one comes in my way (having 130/100w philips rally)
;but exactly opposite to this ,when i drive Dzire; due to oncoming light i cant even see road correctly poor lighting i say (60/55w)

alok_student2000 no need to change the bulbs rule the road,but dont forget to low beam your light for oncoming traffic

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Even after all this advantage, do i really need to change my headlamps to higher wattage bulbs or to HIDs? What exactly can the Hids do which normal bulbs cant?
Well, unless you are really keen about installing Xenons, I’d recommend not switching over to anything else. (Higher wattage Halogens especially). A few major advantages of Xenon Headlamps over regular Halogens would be:

- Comparatively longer life time.
- More wider and focused illumination distance.
- More brightness with less energy consumption.
- Do not block the vision of oncoming traffic (Easy on eyes).

All in all, it’s up to you but if the budget permits – they are definitely a useful add-on. Also refer to this thread for more details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/1624-xenons-hid-lamps-thread.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

same with me ,when i drive Ambassador at night no one comes in my way (having 130/100w philips rally)
;but exactly opposite to this ,when i drive Dzire; due to oncoming light i cant even see road correctly poor lighting i say (60/55w)

alok_student2000 no need to change the bulbs rule the road,but dont forget to low beam your light for oncoming traffic
I am in agreement of the above statement. One should alway respect other drivers and maintain balance and safe path for them as well. [thumbsup]

Top Bottom