Hidden Port Under the Steering?

Re: Port under the steering.

Even i do have a similar one in my figo,

i think its the port to connect some computer like device cable to calibrate or tune the car

sorry am not an expert but this is what i know

this is OBD port . it is used for reading engine error code and other details from all sensors in car

Thread Starter #6

Wow That's cool. Can we make use of it by any chance? [:)]
Some monitoring kind of stuff :)
Has anybody done it.

yes you can . you need OBD cable and software to read it on your laptop(maurti people have locked there OBD port atleast that's what i have heard)

It is a 16 pin female port for reading from the car's ecu (diagnostics port) often called as OBD2 port. Gadgets like scangauge2 can be connected to this port and one can read a lot of information coming out of this port Like DTE, Engine RPM, MPG(Miles per gallon or KMPL) and etc. I too have a device like this but does not work on my Ritz VDi. Its called Kiwi MPG.Scangauge2 works on Ritz VDi. (seen it myself) If anybody is looking for a scangauge2 device trust me, it works on Ritz VDi.

Pls tell me is the same port available on maruti 800 mpfi , can we check all the errors, where is it found, I just want to see how it looks....

ilango[speed thirst];84574 said:
for 800 i hope its in left side near glove box area. I AM NOT SURE!
Oh thanks , I checked it out but thr is an huge metal box whr many wires are seen can't remove the the box......

350Z

Core Team
The metal box you are talking about is most likely the ECU. I will check for this port in my Maruti 800 MPFi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom