Hidden Port Under the Steering?

Varun we saw this on a Maruti 800 at the Motor cross rally. Remember.. Though that car's cabin was stripped of everything except for driver's seat. [:)]
It was somewhere near the glove compartment.

Yes, I have seen this port in my Alto too. The last time i complained about my power steering losing power and working as Manual at time and a "thud" sound while driving on potholes, Maruti service center has connected some device through this port which looks like a fat tennis racket to check the complete system/car details. They have charged 300/- for using that device. Finally it indicated towards the fuse box as faulty and the fuse was changed to solve the issue for good.
I guess all models have it from Omini to Latest in Maruti to my old bolero(2007).(not sure of other cars).

Varun we saw this on a Maruti 800 at the Motor cross rally. Remember.. Though that car's cabin was stripped of everything except for driver's seat. [:)]
It was somewhere near the glove compartment.
Ya I found out the port, its exactly placed next to the fuse box below the steering.

But its not able to connect with my laptop with obd2 tool. Any suggestions.. [:)]

Obd need 6code to connect or complete connection usually except maruti rest car company after 2004 has same type of code so software easily know how to connect. Like my obd work with 2005 carolla but not with my 2003 as it use different code which obd software doesn't know

Its called OBD tool
My 1996 Nissan Skyline has similar one , its called Nissan Consult , you can use either handheld or a computer to diagnose your car

Top Bottom